Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Pro
I use it in my side business as a tax accountant. I recommend my clients who run businesses to use QuickBooks. I then can get an accountant's copy and help them keep their books up to date. I also use QuickBooks to prepare their taxes.
- I like how easy their payroll process is and how easy it is to file year end reports.
- It is very simple program for people who are not accountants to use. Very intuitive.
- Very easy to share files with your accountant.
- There needs to be an easier way to close prior years so you can't change prior years numbers after you have finalized the numbers.
- Clearing out old Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable can be difficult.
- Being able to have more ability to customize reports would be nice.
- For me as a CPA it has increased my efficiency as I don't have to recreate a trial balance for my clients to prepare their tax returns.
- My clients like knowing where they stand on a daily basis on their net income to make better decisions.
I have used Great Plains and that program is more robust than QuickBooks but is more difficulty to setup and manage. You can't move around as well and is far less intuitive.
QuickBooks Pro is very well suited for the small employer with 1-25 employees where you need a basic set of financial statements and do not want a high level accountant working in your bookkeeping area.