Qvidian RFP & Proposal Automation Review: "Thanks Goodness for the 'Q'"https://www.trustradius.com/proposalQvidian RFP & Proposal AutomationUnspecified8.2371012014-02-20T23:11:06.855Z
Qvidian is used by our business development department to create proposals in response to RFPs. Qvidian enables content that is regularly requested/used to respond to RFPs, to be organized in a way that is easy to find. This information can be easily updated as needed and when used consistently by the team, ensures that everyone is pulling the same content that is to be used in each response. This includes updating our statistics, facts, branding, formats, etc. It is a centralized location for the base (boilerplate) of our proposal content to be kept and maintained for all to access.
- Because the content is stored in a centralized location that is easy to search, it cuts down the amount of time spent developing a proposal. This in turn increase productivity of proposals and ensures that the content of all proposals are more consistent.
- Directly related to my previous statement, our proposal process is more efficient, creating a more 'clean', accurate documents for our clients.
- The ability to create an extensive library of content is most helpful. While most RFP request most of the basic information, there are certainly times when there are requirements that are out of the norm. The 'Q' as I call it is a great place to add this information that is researched so that other co-workers to do not spend precious time researching or recreating the information. The rule is to always search the 'Q' before you ask the 'Q'...lol
- This is a weird one but when adding content to the 'Q' the tab in word sometimes disappears. Not sure why that happens and we haven't really tried to trouble shoot yet. My solution at the moment is just closing it and re-opening it. Sometimes it works and sometimes I have to do it a few times.
- While being a great place to keep content for our team to access, there is always the thought of whether the information is still accurate. Especially when comes to statistics and facts. We at times get so used to just using what is in our boilerplate that we forget to question whether information is accurate or not. This is more of an observation for users rather than an issue with 'Q' however the information is only as good as it's accuracy.
- Overall productivity has increased.
- The process if more efficient and effective, allowing us to do more with less.
- The amount of content that we have continues to grow and is easy to locate.
The 'Q' has been in place since I joined the company and this is the only proposal automation software I have used. While I have not used any of the competitions products I would assume that they need to be at the very least close to the services that the 'Q' provides. Other wise they are lacking and have a lot of work to do.
I can't imagine doing the job that I do and creating proposals and updating information without the use of Qvdian. The amount of the time that is saved being able to store and update information in a location where everyone in our department is able to access it is such a benefit. It enables our department to create the best, most accurate proposals as well as focus on other tasks that need to be completed. Without the 'Q' we would spend three or four times the amount of time trying to locate or recreate information each time we were working on a proposal.
I have a created a proposal where the responses needed to very specific to scenarios rather than just our general information. That being said, very little information was pulled from the 'Q'. That is expected from time to time. On the other hand, there has been very small proposals where the client just wanted our company history, references, and safety policy and procedures and every bit of that information was pulled from the 'Q' and submitted virtually the same day!
- Proposal Content Management
- Store Accurate Statistics and update as needed
- Centralized library for everyone