Overall Satisfaction with Renaissance Star Assessments
The School District of Colfax has been using Star Reading for 16 years. We have used Star Math for over 10 years and Star Early Literacy for 3 years. We have all students take this test monthly and students receiving RTI support take it more frequently. The benchmark testing windows of fall, winter and spring allow us to look at the students and identify students who need additional support for reading or math. Monthly testing allows students to demonstrate growth over time. The RTI students are watched closely for their growth by using Star tests.
- Star Assessment reports can provide valuable data as we monitor all of our students.
- Star Assessments are simple to administer and are quick to complete.
- Star Reports can predict how students will perform on our state assessment.
- Star Assessment reports can be modified in many ways so we can focus on different areas with our students.
- Star Assessments identify areas where students may need additional instruction and support and provide resources to meet those needs.
- I would like to have a function at the bottom of a report that will directly take me to the top of the page rather than having to scroll up manually.
- It can take a lot of time for the PDF to be created. It is better than when you first began.
- I receive error messages that a report cannot be created at this time and to come back later. Sometimes I need the information right now.
- One of the features we love on Star Assessments is the adaptive technology that is build in. Each student receives questions that will challenge them and identify their independent skill levels.
- The Star Growth Report gives us a quick view of the progress that students have made.
- I love being able to sort the data on the reports in various ways.
- Prior to COVID, we had seen continued improvement on our state assessment.
- We have shown improvement in our scores on the state school report card.
We were looking for an early literacy/math screener for our JK and Kindergarten classes. We looked at FastBridge's assessment for early learners. The presentation was done online and appeared confusing for us. The Renaissance's presentation was also online but was much more understandable. Given, we have multiple years of experience with other Renaissance products. We ultimately went with Star Early Literacy as our early learner screener. Teachers have been happy with the ease of use and the results help us meet the needs of our early learners much quicker than before.
Do you think Renaissance Star Assessments delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Renaissance Star Assessments's feature set?
Did Renaissance Star Assessments live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Renaissance Star Assessments go as expected?
Would you buy Renaissance Star Assessments again?
Star Assessments are well suited for most students to use with minimal support. Most students take the Star Assessments in their classroom with little assistance. Other students perform better in a smaller, quieter setting. Our RTI and Special Education students tend to perform better when pulled into a classroom with few students and less distractions. Some students do best individually so they can read the tests aloud with a teacher near.