Revit and its best uses
October 26, 2021
Revit and its best uses
Pinnacle InfotechConstruction, 501-1000 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Revit
Revit is used by all of our organizations. Everybody uses Revit. We are creating and designing the 3D Model of multiple buildings in our organization. I'm using Revit to create the 3D model for mayo groups hospital in ARIZONA. I'm working with a team of 25 people and Revit gives us the real-time syncing function to help us to divide the work.
- Real time syncing function help us to work multiple people on single file.
- The Revit link option helps us to link the other Revit file in the background and help create the model.
- The family creation in Revit with the setting of various parameters. The parametric family is a good thing
- The Worksets method which help us in the differentiate in various services.
- Phase fitters this feature provides us to create models in their phase ex exiting phase, new construction.
- Inference check option can be better this doesn't allow us to coordination.
- The rendering process take to much of the time.
- Revit lacked in accuracy This give the result which some time are not accurate.
- Revit is used in almost every project to 3D model creation and coordinating.
- Revit better and faster than other software.
Fabrication is slow and takes more manpower to work because it has more manual work compare to Revit. Fabrication and Revit can be used for the same work but Revit will do it faster and real-time syncing method make it easy to work for multiple people and in Fabrication, areas are needed to divide to work for multiple people.
Do you think Revit delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Revit's feature set?
Did Revit live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Revit go as expected?
Would you buy Revit again?
To create a 3D model of building and coordinating their services and making clash-free model. Clash-free model helps on-site so Revit is well suited for Modeling and coordinating. Creating the assembly in Revit and spooling process of Revit without the plug-in is very difficult and Revit is not suitable for Revit.
Revit Feature Ratings
Plan distribution & viewing
Plan markups & sharing
Collaboration & approvals
Submittal design and management
Employee demographic data
Job profiles and administration
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Direct deposit files