Overall Satisfaction with RSA SecurID
I am currently using RSA SecurID to provide two-factor authentication when connecting to my laptop, as well as servers and web applications. It is being used all across the company and helps increase security by providing a second factor for authentication.
- The soft token allows for multiple tokens within a single application
- Temporary tokens are easy to issue users when a token is lost
- Configuring a server to use RSA SecurID for a second factor is simple and straightforward.
- The Android application cannot be easily returned to the original code (if you chose to move to the next code).
- If misconfigured, it can lock an administrator out of a server.
- The look and feel of the RSA control center status bar application have a dated feel.
- Increased security helps reduce the likelihood of breaches and the associated losses.
- Simple administration helps reduce the staff time and cost involved with lost tokens.
- Increased compliance helps ensure that the company is eligible to bid more contracts.