Overall Satisfaction with Saba Learning
Saba is a lead provider of HR solutions for talent development and management. I worked for Saba Software initially as a partner and then as employee of the company. We used the Saba learning management system internally, but more specifically I was part of the Professional Services responsible to implement the Saba solutions for customers of different industries around the world.
- Saba is a unified platform for delivery of HR solutions at 360 degrees, from recruitment, induction, development, performance review and talent compensation.
- Saba provides one-stop shop for all HR needs, no need to get headaches with improbable and acrobatic integrations among diverse and inconsistent platforms that require tons of dollars to make them work.
- Saba is highly scalable and can be adopted by the small family owned company to the largest of the enterprise organizations.
- User experience is not modern, tending to old fashioned layouts and styles.
- Programmability is complex, slow and prone to trial attempts before getting it right.
- Reporting capability is inadequate, based on poor third-party tools.
- ROI is in the longer term. Saba is not a solution for "quick wins". It requires proper planning and implementation, but once it runs at regime, it provides a solid solution to most HR processes.
- Customer service is very dependent on individuals. Typically excellence is reached when Professional Services are engaged in resolution of issues.
Cornerstone offers a cloud-only solution, which may not be convenient for large enterprises with a solid IT department that prefers to own the infrastructure. Saba also has a more complete and unified offering, fruit of a decennial experience in the market. Vision and ability to execute are typically very high in the Saba products, with new innovative functionality constantly added to the products, also thanks to the large customer base that provide significant feedback.
Saba is well suited for companies that want a one-stop shop for all their HR business. The solution is fully comprehensive to cover most of HR requirements and comes in handy in two offerings: installation on premise or software as a service. It is less appropriate for rapid and cheap implementations, as the learning curve is not indifferent.
Using Saba Learning
Typically customers that acquire a Saba solution rarely move away. There are reasons and "legends" behind this. The investment is significant. Time and money are required to make the engine go smoothly. But once it runs at full capacity, it doesn't stop! Professional Services are extremely competent and able to close implementation gaps quickly.