The data from the Saba Workday connector was sub-par. We could not customize to get it to pull the data we needed from Workday on future hires. It was also a struggle with Leave of Absence data. We ended up writing custom integrations in Workday to handle the data.
We tried to bring certifications back into Workday from Saba. The setting is to bring all or nothing. We only want to bring certs for about 10 training and cannot customize this in any way so had to build a report and process in Workday manually.
Saba is great if you are bringing your own content! The Repository function makes it very easy to locate your content and assign it to a class. Saba is also great if you are delivering the same course content over and over again. Saba is less effective, for us, when we are training an individual course. The setup time is great, compared to the net gain, if we're only talking 3-10 employees, one time.
Since I have been using Saba only since 2019, I do not know much to think of where it is less appropriate. No complaints so far.
Reports and Analytics in Saba Cloud are unique and it is not available in other LMS applications.
Additional modules, such as Recruiting, Performance, and Succession Planning, in the Saba Cloud platform, can be added to support a team member from Hire to Retire.
Saba delivers a cloud-based Intelligent Talent Management solution used by organizations worldwide to hire, develop, and engage their people. With machine learning at its core, Intelligent Talent Management offers proactive, personalized recommendations on candidates, connections and content that aim to facilitate leadership decisions and organizational success. Saba’s approach and talent management apps — recruiting, learning, performance, compensation, succession and planning — incorporate machine learning technology, social, collaboration and mobile capabilities.
Saba Learning, a key piece of the talent management suite, includes a unified Learning Management System (LMS) with virtual classroom, assessment, social, collaborative, mobile, and gamificiation capabilities. It aims to provide superior regulatory compliance, training eCommerce, extended enterprise, leadership development, on-the-job training, and other learning activities.
The whole Intelligent Talent Management solution is powered by Saba Cloud, a highly scalable platform that the vendor promises exceeds industry security and reliability standards. Saba has 4,000 customers and 31 million users across 195 countries and 37 languages. The vendor's goal with the product is to help brands adapt to the future of work by enabling continuous learning, engagement and development of everyone in their people network, including employees, partners and customers.
- Supported: New hire portal
- Supported: Manager tracking tools
- Supported: Compliance tracking and reporting
- Supported: Corporate goal setting
- Supported: Subordinate goal setting
- Supported: Individual goal setting
- Supported: Line-of sight-visibility
- Supported: Performance tracking
- Supported: Performance plans
- Supported: Plan weighting
- Supported: Manager note taking
- Supported: Performance improvement plans
- Supported: Review status tracking
- Supported: Rater nominations
- Supported: Rater nomination workflow
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Workflow restrictions
- Supported: Review transfer
- Supported: Multiple review frequency
- Supported: Reporting
- Supported: Create succession plans/pools
- Supported: Candidate ranking
- Supported: Employee profiles
- Supported: Candidate search
- Supported: Candidate add
- Supported: Candidate development
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Company Website Posting
- Supported: Publish to Social Media
- Supported: Job Search Site Posting
- Supported: Customized Application Form
- Supported: Resume Management
- Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
- Supported: Candidate Search
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Collaboration
- Supported: Email Templates
- Supported: User Permissions
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
- Supported: Reporting
- Supported: Course authoring
- Supported: Course catalog or library
- Supported: Player/Portal
- Supported: Learning content
- Supported: Mobile friendly
- Supported: Progress tracking & certifications
- Supported: Assignments
- Supported: Compliance management
- Supported: Learning administration
- Supported: Learning reporting & analytics
- Supported: eLearning
- Supported: Assessments
- Supported: Live online learning
- Supported: In-person learning
- Supported: Micro-learning
- Supported: Video learning
- Supported: SCORM-compliant
- Supported: Tin Can (xAPI) compliant
- Supported: Social learning
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||15%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||85%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages||Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Modern Greek (1453-), Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese|