Overall Satisfaction with Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate
We use Sage 300 in our finance departments. We do not use it on the project management side because our production teams are not as technologically savvy and the system needs a certain level of skill. We use it for project accounting, billing, and budgeting. We also use it for payroll and accounts payable. The system tends to be bulky, but powerful and has a lot of ways to customize.
- There are a lot of ways to drill down into information. The ability to run inquiries that can be easily exported into Excel is incredibly useful.
- The help desk is very helpful. There are multiple ways to get a hold of someone and it is extremely useful.
- The knowledgebase articles are very helpful and provide a lot of great detail.
- There are so many patchwork pieces that oftentimes modules do not talk to each other correctly.
- A common fix with issues is to go into the backdoor to fix issues. It seems like a big lack in security and IT controls. I wish there were better fixes for when the system miscalculates or times out.
- The fact that it is not cloud based has made it more expensive and difficult to update regularly. We have to keep a server specifically for this system, while everything else we use is cloud-based so everyone in the field can easily access them.
- The system is difficult to learn for our team members and we have to spend a lot of time and effort training people.
- The system is bulky and often times out, so we lose work or have issues with the module communication. While the knowledge base and chat rooms are very helpful, I would prefer we didn't need to use them so much and that the fixes would not be to manually correct the problems by using the backdoor.
We have spent quite a bit of time in the last year evaluating a new system to see if this is the best fit for us. We currently use Procore for our project management tool and for our field crew to evaluate work on-site. However, Procore does not have a sufficient budgeting or financial tool, so it is not robust enough to use it solely. We supplement with Sage 300 for our overall company needs and ERP functionality.
They have an abundant supply of knowledgebase articles and people to ask for additional support if they do not already know the answer. Which they often do.
Do you think Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate's feature set?
Did Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate again?
It is very powerful but has not continued to keep us with the times when it comes to technology. The fact that it is server-based for the full system does not bode well with our company processes. We have many field crew members and other production managers that need access to our information but cannot do that while they are in the field.