Things that Arkie says
Alan Ark | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 29, 2018

Things that Arkie says

Overall Satisfaction with Sauce Labs

We use it in the quality department for help with our cross browser testing. We also use it for testing of our mobile apps. It helps us with confidence in our apps in a variety of different contexts, and the fact that we don't have to maintain a lab environment is one of the biggest wins for us.
  • Diversity of test environments
  • Ease of looking at the results
  • Stellar support team
  • Sometimes, the system can be laggy when you examine test results. I have a support case logged about this
  • It seems to me that its taking longer for the support team to successfully close my cases
  • Improve quality by increasing browser/OS/device coverage
It really comes down to this simple question. Are you confident in your software deliverable? Using Sauce is defiantly helping us achieve confidence in a consistent and rapid fashion. It also frees us up since we do not have to worry about patching any machines in a test lab. This by itself is a big win
I think they do. We do ask our vendors to pass a security audit. I was not a part of that review, nor do I know the specifics that were asked in this review process, but Sauce Labs did pass and has been approved by us to be used in our engineering processes.
They helped us achieve this by removing the maintenance burden of having to keep up a bank of machines in a multitude of configurations from our team. I've maintained a local selenium grid for a few weeks before I told my boss of the potential nightmare that would be coming down the pike it we continued down that path.
Time and money is really where it comes down to it. With infinite money, sure, you could maintain the lab yourself, but we don't have infinite money and time. So the cost of Sauce - while not cheap - enables us to focus on the real problems, as opposed to problems that maintaining a test lab would force us to face.
We have not used the Proxy
My company used BrowserStack in the past. It was before I came on board, so I am not sure of the reason that they switched. Ever since I have been here, we have been on SauceLabs, and I am quite pleased with it. I have maintained a private selenium grid at a previous employer, but hope not to repeat that adventure again any time soon. It was cool to try though, and now I know I can, but I'd rather just use Sauce.
We love the fact that we can call up a variety of browser / version / operating system combinations to be at the ready when we want to start our testing. It is able to slide into our CI environment seamlessly.

We also are able to quickly verify our mobile apps across a variety of emulators or real devices as we see fit.

And we do not need to have anyone maintain a lab on our own,