BrowserStack Reviews

October 22, 2020
Simisara Johnson | TrustRadius Reviewer
BrowserStack is being used extensively within our organization in different projects to test mobile and web applications. It can be accessed over the web as well as scenarios that can be tested on local machines. It offers a simulation environment for various browsers and devices which helps in cross browser-cross device testing.
  • Local App to help developers to unit test scenarios within the development environment.
  • Ability to have location specific testing.
  • Ability to create automated test cases and simulate the same.
  • Ability to provide location services to the local app so that region-specific content can be tested on local machines.
It is well suited for the QA process for enabling cross-browser cross-device testing. Simulating and testing native mobile apps is not well suited.
Never needed to use support services as the up-time was optimum.
Read Simisara Johnson's full review
October 12, 2020
Frank Emerson | TrustRadius Reviewer
BrowserStack is one of the most important tools I use at work. With it, it's very easy to quickly test web pages and improve their adaptability. We no longer have the need to invest in mobile devices and computers to carry out tests. And as a developer, it's easy to try out websites on BrowserStack to ensure that they work properly on the various browsers out there.
  • It's easy to use it to test web pages and applications for code error, adaptability, and responsiveness.
  • It saves cost by eliminating the need to invest in computers and mobile devices.
  • Great for cross platform browsing and it supports all the major browsers.
  • The Chrome extension is useful for testing apps running locally.
  • It uses a lot of system resources when in operation.
  • It can be slow at times.
  • It's pricey.
I'm highly likely to recommend BrowserStack because it's easy to use, works very well, and helps to speed up testing, bug discovery, and responsiveness of web apps.
I once had issues with my subscription and needed to talk to someone. I was impressed by how swiftly the support was.
Read Frank Emerson's full review
September 18, 2020
EBIN ELIAS | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using BrowserStack for the testing of our app on various devices. It has been used by our IT Department. Using BrowserStack, we are able to test our apps in a variety of devices before making them live. BrowserStack helps us to identify issues at the earlier stages and fix it.
  • Lots of devices available.
  • Easy to manage.
  • Transparent pricing plans.
  • The price is huge compared to the competitor.
  • Support resolution is a little bit slow even before COVID.
  • Mobile devices are not available in all variants.
BrowserStack is very well suited for almost all types of companies. Their free trial is also really great to test and use BrowserStack for free. The pricing plan is pretty straight forward and is really easy to understand with no hidden cost at all. There are a lot of devices available so that we can test our application on all the systems before shipping them to the customer.
The support is not that bad, but at times, they are really slow, which needs to be fixed at the earliest.
Read EBIN ELIAS's full review
September 17, 2020
Ryan Carey | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are developing a significant amount of websites every month and we are constantly running into issues that exist only on certain platforms. Browserstack is an amazing tool that helps us tackle these issues by being able to visualize our web properties and web development properties on actual devices. It has become a primary tool in our stack during website development.
  • Test on real devices.
  • Immediately begin working on testing.
  • Test across tons of different devices and platforms/browsers.
  • I really don't have many negative things to say about it.
A great example of where BrowserStack is well suited is within a marketing agency that does a lot of web development. It can be directly integrated into your QA testing system and is super-efficient. I'd say an obvious situation that this software is less appropriate would be in agencies or companies that are not developing websites. No need for testing.
Easy to get a hold of and quick to respond.
Read Ryan Carey's full review
September 14, 2020
Eligreg Lopez | TrustRadius Reviewer
I had to test apps in every setting. With BrowserStack, I could use every device known to the market just in my browser. All the QAs in my company used BrowserStack to test the websites/apps and could upload issues to Github without much trouble. It was the #1 tool we had for testing.
  • Testing
  • User interface design
  • Usability
  • Better load time
  • Better pricing for teams
  • More natural mobile experience
BrowserStack is the only tool I know that does this: QA on all devices and all browsers known to the market while codeless and foolproof testing and issue upload to Github. Not so appropriate for teams that only test in one area, as the price would be more appropriate to use all its features.
The overall support is good but they can take a while to figure out your problem or respond to your query. They were very attentive with an issue I had but it took over a week to solve.
Read Eligreg Lopez's full review
September 14, 2020
Mauro Giannandrea | TrustRadius Reviewer
As we provide design and template for mail and page the possibility to check how they are rendered in all the browsers is not just important, it is a must-have. BrowserStack helps us in this phase, it helps us to check rendering in a lot of OS and browsers with a simple click. Consider the difference from an app as a service like that and the need to have multiple PC or VM with different OS and browser versions.
We also use this service for support and bug hunting purpose. It is not easy to check everything everywhere and when customers open a case we check the behaviour with BrowserStack and it helps us to dig the issue and to understand the severity. A Swiss Army knife for people who work with browsers.
  • It provides multiple platforms and browsers and usually they are up to date with market versions.
  • Real devices so test results are also real.
  • BrowserStack is SOC2 certified and this helps companies to comply with security policies.
  • Stability, it works and works well.
  • Nice UI but this can't be objective.
  • It's hard to find team subscription prices, we don't like when we must call sales.
  • We would like to have the possibility to add custom devices or custom locations, for example may be useful to test from one of our devices from Australia.
We love BrowserStack because it help us to provide a triage of the problems that came from our customers. We can check and and verify problems and give them a severity. BrowserStack helps us to understand how many platforms and browsers are impacted by a problem or change.
Yes, this app is also very useful in the designing stage to understand how changes are rendered on different devices but this should be the normal usage.
We would like to have the possibility to link and use one server (a base system) provided by us in a location interesting for us and test using BrowserStack. At the moment this is not possible or this is not so easy.
They are a leader in that segment so they have a good support. It's also hard to need support because the software works well and is well designed. My experience with support is very limited but always really good.
You can also find good and good looking guides and their attention to customer satisfaction seems to be real.
Read Mauro Giannandrea's full review
September 12, 2020
Mike Muller | TrustRadius Reviewer
BrowserStack us used by our team as part of the QA process when building websites, apps or other digital applications. It's used by our entire team. Doing robust browser testing without a tool like BrowserStack is very difficult and requires a lot of hardware. BrowserStack solves that problem by providing access to a multitude of devices for testing.
  • Robust Testing across a large number of devices
  • Local testing during development
  • Easy interface to use
  • Capture screenshots of problems
  • Speed of the browsers during testing can be a problem
  • Using the dev tools in browsers during testing can be challenging
BrowserStack is a viable option for any person or department needing to do extensive browser or device testing. It speeds up the discovery of issues an bugs caused by a browser or device issues. If you don't need to do extensive device testing, then using virtual machines can be a solution as well.
BrowserStack is a solid platform that does not need much support. Things just work and it's rare that we do need to contact support. When we do, issues are resolved quickly. This is one of the most solid platforms that we have used. Not much support needed at all because it just works.
Read Mike Muller's full review
November 18, 2020
I first brought BrowserStack into our organization as a testing tool for the corporate website. The issue we needed to solve is one BrowserStack is perfect for, how do you quickly test on multiple browser/platform combinations. We quickly began to see positive progress. We could gather the details of an issue report and create a viable testing environment to repeat the issues in real-time. This was incredibly important as our internal development team was using mac OS and the majority of our issues were related to users with outdated systems using internet explorer.

We then moved to a push for better mobile support. This lead to a need for not only cross-browser testing but cross-platform as the target audience would likely be using various Android and IOS devices. I have to say that the simplicity of integrating Browser stack into our workflow has been amazing.

Our team's success quickly led to the use of recommending the tool for use when other product areas move to web based application development. Especially the automation components which allowed BrowserStack to integrate with the more complex continuous integration implementations on our core products.
  • Emulates almost any browser
  • Emulates browser / OS combinations
  • Allows test automation across multiple device, OS and browser combinations
  • Includes the ability to use dev tools inside the device / browser / os combinations for debugging.
  • A mobile version would be great
  • Addition of additional testing frameworks
If you have a web property that will be used by people on a variety of hardware, os and browsers, this is a must have. The ability to emulate the user's exact browser/os/device is so important. Something may work in one version of a browser, but not in a slightly different build or on a different os.
I've not had much direct interaction with the BrowserStack support team. The help and community are great and we've not run into any issue that has really required us to reach out. I guess having a stable and easy to use system means you may never need to contact support.
October 07, 2020
BrowserStack is used by our Development team, Support team and Success team. The advantage of BrowserStack is many. Being a technology and SaaS company, we need to do lots of testing on devices. Yes, you could purchase one of every device and have each running a different browser, but that is obviously inefficient and definitely not cost effective. This is where BrowserStack shines. Having the ability to test on any modern browser is so beneficial to our small business.
  • Access to multiple browsers for testing purposes
  • Easy navigation to jump between browsers
  • Up-to-date browser versions to ensure you're seeing the newest features
  • Can be a little slow at times. I feel this software is pretty solid so I really don't have anything constructive to say
For our business, it comes down to testing issues. With many readers seeing our software and everyone in the world using different browsers and browser versions, we could never keep up with everything. Having the ability to test specifically on what the reader is seeing is really helpful to us. It allows for us to quickly see, or not see, what the reader is having an issue with so we can address the issue as soon as possible.
I'm saying a 10 for support for BrowserStack only based on feedback from the development team. I myself have never had to reach out to support for any questions or issues, but others in the company have. From my conversations with them, the support was fantastic and had been a pleasure working with the BrowserStack team.
September 18, 2020
In years past, I would participate in and maintain a "QA Lab," where we'd have to keep a room full of assorted mobile phones, tablets, laptops, etc., all so that we could test our SaaS product on the same platforms that our users were on. This was both essential and a total disaster; it was expensive and fraught and time-consuming, but it was our only reliable way to reproduce and fix issues that customers reported on a wide assortment of devices.

BrowserStack replaces that completely. Their supported platforms are so broad that we can consistently find the platform we need to test and reproduce the customer's issue. A single subscription to BrowserStack replaces AN ENTIRE ROOM and THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OF EQUIPMENT, and beyond that, it's faster and easier to use as a developer or tester.

And then there's Internet Explorer. As more and more devs have switched to using MacBooks as their development environments, being able to test in IE has always been a chore. Many devs either keep auxiliary machines with Windows, or use VMs for testing. Again, BrowserStack solves this completely and more strongly than having and maintaining local environments.

If you're building a SaaS app, BrowserStack is in my view an essential part of the development toolkit.
  • Testing on assorted mobile devices
  • Testing on Internet Explorer, when otherwise you don't have access to Windows
  • Testing on Safari, when otherwise you don't have access to OSX
  • It can be a challenge to use it when you're accessing it from within a corporate firewall. In my view, this is the Firewall's problem, but anything that BrowserStack can do to ease that pain will expand its ability to be useful in more locked-down companies.
I don't think there's any serious competition for BrowserStack in terms of what it provides. There are a number of worse ways to solve what it solves, but the ability to go to a website and open a browser/environment of your choice in BrowserStack is unparalleled.
I've never needed to interact with BrowerStack's support team. Their product has been stable and intuitive enough, and their documentation strong enough, that I haven't needed direct human support.
September 30, 2020
We use BrowserStack occasionally to see how websites behave in different browsers/versions of browsers/cross-platform to make sure everything's behaving in a predictable manner.
  • Has the choice of devices we need
  • Pretty intuitive tool, easy to use and not much of a learning curve
  • Variety of screen resolutions so we're not hoping for the best on one/two resolutions
  • Devices sometimes are removed
  • Connection could be faster
  • Scrolling isn't very easy
We have a few internal websites using several different frameworks and libraries. BrowserStack allows us to check how the sites look and function on different browsers and devices. We use BrowserStack in development, primarily.
The documentation is pretty useful; I don't think we've had to reach out to BrowserStack directly.
September 29, 2020
BrowserStack is being used to help test our websites and apps on browsers and operating systems instead of legacy machines, virtual machines, old emulators, and other devices. This is being used mainly by the Web Services team as their department relates to testing the builds of different websites and applications.
  • Subscription Based Model
  • Instant Cloud Access
  • Quality Reputation
  • Better pricing
  • Speed during tests
  • Adjusting screen sizes during testing is a bit difficult
The ability to quickly rotate through different Browsers (such as, but not limited to), Safari, Chrome, Explorer, Edge, Firefox... etc. for quick testing is a game changer and well suited for any company or organization who needs to stack test. It's not so much suited for cases of a one-browser deployment.
I sound like a broken record, but there's not too many negatives to say about BrowserStack. With so many devices nowadays, it's ESSENTIAL to our business to view/test on all browsers to provide the very best customer service. The up-to-date releases always guarantees that the product is supported with any "updates" from any browser or device.
September 26, 2020
I am the Senior Web Manager on the Marketing Operations team at a cybersecurity company. I design and build webpages and sites in both static HTML/CSS and Drupal CMS. I use BrowserStack Live to test web designs in multiple browsers and mobile devices. I also use Screenshots for presentation purposes.
  • Screenshots testing is convenient if you want to show someone how something looks.
  • Live testing is great for debugging.
  • The drag a drop option is nice.
  • I wish the Live testing was faster.
  • I wish I could test local pages, not require a live URL.
  • Navigation of the site is a bit confusing.
I think BrowserStack is great for standard browser testing of new designs but lacks the speed and interface to make debugging problems easy.
I haven't really used the support.
September 25, 2020
Browserstack is a key tool in our web application development pipeline. Many of our products require compatibility with specific older browser versions and mobile environments. Previously, testing required specific environments to be created and manually assessed during each sprint. Browserstack has made cross-functional testing feasible with these platforms, especially in the field of OT where stability is of critical importance. This has lead to a more streamlined testing process, which has resulted in improved development times and better quality control for our products.
  • Pricing
  • Quick, out-of-the-box setup
  • Seamless live browser and app testing
  • New visual testing tools
  • VMs can be slow at times.
  • Mobile virtual environments, while great, cannot always fully recreate the experience of a device in-hand.
  • Support can be improved (no live chat option).
Browserstack is best used when there is a need to test complicated applications where the target audience is not well defined, and less suited for simple applications that have a well-defined target.

In the enterprise world, Browserstack is well suited for specialized, complex products where compatibility needs to be guaranteed for a specific set of environments, especially in OT. For releases to the general public, it is also useful for ensuring maximum compatibility across multiple devices (especially for Android) and browser versions. The visual testing and geolocation testing tools are especially useful if your app uses these features.

It may be less suited for web application products that are less complex, backend-heavy, follow basic web standards, or are meant to work in a controlled, well-defined environment. May also be less suited for basic mobile apps that target a specific version/platform.
Support from BrowserStack has been adequate, however, live chat would be greatly appreciated here due to the fact that many of the product's features are meant to be used 'live." Therefore, instantaneous support would be appreciated here as problems encountered can lead to significant delays and defeat the purpose of the platform entirely.
September 19, 2020
We currently use BrowserStack on our web development team for cross-browser and device testing for website development projects and web applications. Our Development Team uses it, as well as our Web Support Team, which includes QA/QC analysts. This tool is critical to our ability to ensure a consistent experience across various platforms and browsers and to identify rendering issues and discrepancies that exist in various browsers. Previously this was a manual operation and it was very cumbersome. Not only is it more effective, but it has saved time and made our process more consistent.
  • Helps us test websites across 2000+ real devices and browsers.
  • Streamline and automate the testing process providing more efficiency.
  • Manage cross-browser testing across our web development team.
  • The user interface is pretty solid, but could be improved.
  • There is a slight learning curve for new users
  • More sophisticated features require training that isn't readily available.
Browser stack is perfect for web development shops and digital agencies that need to streamline and improve their QA/QC process and ensure a seamless experience across all browsers and devices. The platform would work great for small, medium, and large teams. I'm not sure if I can think of a situation where it would not be a suitable solution.
There is a substantial amount of help articles on the website which provides the information needed to figure out how to do almost anything with the platform and troubleshoot issues that may arise. When support has been needed, they have been responsive and provided the assistance we are looking for. It is a fairly intuitive platform so not a lot of support is needed on a regular basis.
September 17, 2020
Our primary goal is to ensure that our web solutions work as expected on different types of devices and browsers. Once we reviewed available solutions on the market, we decided to go with BrowserStack. We use it mostly in the QA department with each new release to ensure that we don't have any kind of regression issues.
  • Testing on various browsers. There are many online services to provide UI testing but they lack the number of desktops and mobile browsers supported.
  • Providing detailed test results. There is an extensive reports library that provides HTML5 reports that we customize based on our own requirements.
  • Selenium test implementation. Supporting Selenium Web drivers enables almost any possible kind of browser testing method, so you can emulate any kind of user actions.
  • Mobile testing. Not all devices are real physical devices, so you should understand that testing on some devices will be done using emulators and there is no guarantee that it will 100% match real device results.
  • Available devices for testing. A limited set of physical devices, for example, Amazon Kindle is supported only as a virtual emulator.
Good for desktop browsers testing and test automation. Good level of documentation on how to set up automated tests for developers and QA teams. Needs to have more device support on the mobile side. Well suited for general testing of your app or web site, but if you have some specific UI tests or devices support, first you need to check all kinds of tests available for you.
December 27, 2017
Matt Emge | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it across our development teams to check our dev work on different desktop browsers and mobile devices. When a developer needs to check their work before sending to QA, in a browser they don't have installed, they use BrowserStack to open that browser and test their code. Then they assign the work to QA where we use BrowserStack to check more platforms more thoroughly. When a dev needs to recreate a bug found in QA, they will often use BrowserStack to see who is broken on a particular browser or device they don't have.
  • It's great for finding a popular browser on desktop or mobile
  • It's reliable and runs without glitches
  • It has useful options for customizing how you view the browser or device you are working with
  • Response time is not as good as a locally installed VM
  • Would like it to be easier to see a device fill the screen so it's easier to use
  • Sometimes connection is glitchy and I have to reconnect
BrowserStack is perfect for viewing your URL in all the leading browsers and many legacy versions. It performs really well for being an online service with the quick refresh rate (better than VNC for me). It has a Chrome plugin where I can open a menu and choose from a pre-defined list of browsers to view the current URL. It's always come through for me.
Read Matt Emge's full review
June 10, 2016
Nick Jastrebski | TrustRadius Reviewer
Browserstack is used specifically for development purposes by our development team. We're a manage services provider specifically using this in our business software solutions department. It assists in quality assurance for our cross browser compatible web applications. It provides us with a simple tool to test usability across all the major browsers we support. Safari, Opera, Firefox, IE, and Chrome all can be tested seamlessly using one tool. Before we used browserstack for usability testing we were limited to browsers available on each platform, whether our personal computer was an Apple computer, or Windows PC. The same was true for any mobile testing whether we had Android or Apple devices available. With browserstack we're not limited to the platform we're on for testing, there's constant access across numerous platforms available at all times for usability testing. Another major obstacle it allowed us to overcome is different browser versions. A major challenge with building cross browser compatible web applications is determining whether to be compatible with the latest version during development, or maintaining compatibility across previous versions of the browser. This tool provided us with an easy way to make our decisions and test based on the selected support browsers and browser versions. Any user can test from anywhere any time on a full development environment that's very close to the real thing. In terms of mobility, responsiveness across many different devices is becoming extremely important. Browserstack also assists in solving this issue by allowing you to test across various different responsive screen resolutions and sizes. All of this is accomplished as if the user is in a native environment with native browser behavior and development tools available to our staff to assist in troubleshooting any cross compatible issues. The one major drawback we ran into at times is the performance of different servers when testing across platforms, but this can be overcome by the flexibility Browserstack allows. If you're looking for a solution to replace your test labs and provide access to any platform across numerous devices anytime Browserstack is a great solution to consider!
  • Provides popular screen resolutions for quick responsiveness testing without manually setting everything up yourself.
  • Allows easy cross browser compatibility testing across all different browser versions.
  • Achieves responsive design testing across all the key mobile and desktop platforms.
  • Server performance when many users are testing seems to degrade over time.
  • Cost depending on your team size and needs can grow higher than some teams are willing to dedicate for device testing.
  • Less expensive options put caps on usage that can limit what can be accomplished on the testing platform.
Anytime automated cross browser testing is needed Browserstack can be a big help to getting a team to quickly test across different devices. The main constraint on development teams is the budget involved to invest resources into a testing platform. If responsive cross browser compatibility isn't a top concern for solutions you develop, the investment may not be necessary.
Read Nick Jastrebski's full review
August 04, 2016
Alec Dibble | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have used Browserstack extensively as a cross-browser compatibility testing tool for my whole professional career. It is the best testing platform that I am aware of, and does its best to give you real hardware or VM simulations for every platform. It also includes many automation capabilities I have not yet harnessed.
  • It has great device and operating system coverage. I don't think I have ever been in a situation where Browserstack didn't offer the configuration I was looking for.
  • Offers a plethora of automation tools involving testing and screenshots using the API.
  • Offers tools to automate responsive testing like their Responsive tool.
  • When doing manual testing, it can be slow and cumbersome to start up VMs, especially Windows VMs.
  • In some of the operating systems, copy and pasting as well as clicking can be slightly buggy at times.
I think that BrowserStack is well suited for many different situations, from one-man contracting teams to large front-end development agencies needing a formalized testing workflow. BrowserStack offers a simple interface for doing manual testing. It also offers many different ways to automate your web testing both functionally and testing for regression using screenshots.
Read Alec Dibble's full review
December 22, 2018
BrowserStack is used by a few departments within our company. We develop websites and website integrations for a variety of customers with a large variance in target audiences. It allows us to test any website development across multiple devices and browsers to ensure true responsiveness and troubleshoot any errors with the code.
  • It shows a true representation of how a website will look on a mobile device.
  • BrowserStack has a good variety of devices and browsers for us to test on.
  • It's easy to access BrowserStack from anywhere that I have Internet access.
  • I can inspect my code and any errors, and also test changes on the device that I am logged into. It makes troubleshooting so much easier.
  • At times, it can take a while to connect to a device, and sometimes after waiting, it does not connect to that device.
  • The screen sizes for desktop browsers are not easy to adjust to test responsiveness.
  • Overall it can be somewhat slow at times and it's frustrating when you need to test one small thing. It can also disconnect unexpectedly on you.
If you need to test websites on a device that you do not have readily available, BrowserStack is a great solution. Its ability to let you inspect the code from the browser makes testing and doing QA on sites easier. It's difficult to see any errors from an iPhone, for example, on the device itself, but BrowserStack allows to you to inspect that code just like you would on a desktop browser. If you need to test across every device very quickly, this may not be the best solution. The slowness in switching devices can be frustrating when you are on a time crunch. In the case of my department, it solved a real need that we had to see exactly what our customers are seeing and be able to resolve any device issues for them.
January 14, 2019
We utilize it to do heavy cross-browser testing on every single client site we build and support as well as our own primary website. Anything that is currently supported by WordPress and other industry standards is tested, and should we ever have a client issue we request they send us their browser specs and spin up Browserstack to try and replicate the issue. It's exclusively used in the digital department which I manage, and it lets us try and resolve issues quickly without needing to run VMs or find PCs in addition to Mac environments.
  • Allows you to quickly rotate through any browser you may need to test on, including some 'rare' varities
  • Let's you emulate phone software operating systems which is otherwise almost impossible to try and emulate
  • Let's you change viewports to test true responsiveness of digital elements
  • I have very few complaints about Browserstack but often by virtue of the VM it can be slow to load
  • This slow load speed means it's difficult for me to test if my speed and caching plugins are fully functional within the browsers themselves
If you need to do basic testing and debugging on a website, it's absolutely wonderful. The phone emulators in particular are critical and I could see this also being useful for app development, assuming you have a sandbox environment that you can test via a URL. It's not as great for doing speed checks on sites vs functionality and layout testing.
December 12, 2018
The company I work for builds websites for higher education institutions. We use BrowserStack to check multiple devices and versions of mobile devices, tablets, and browsers. Using BrowserStack allows us to check older versions as well as new versions which saves us from having to purchase actual devices. We currently use BrowserStack in our QA and development departments.
  • A wide variety of devices
  • Easy to learn and use
  • Browser testing allows for a variety of screen resolutions
  • The connection is usually pretty slow
  • Scrolling can be difficult
  • Sometimes they will remove devices
It is great for spot checking devices. However, if you need to do a full review I don't recommend BrowserStack because the scrolling isn't always the best and changing pages is very slow.
July 17, 2015
Chris Coppenbarger | TrustRadius Reviewer
BrowserStack helps us to test our websites across a whole slew of devices and browsers in order for us to test the responsiveness and viewing that different users might see. Every website goes through extensive testing. There are quite a number of websites developed and being developed by the whole organization. I use it for most freelance sites I do and other company websites.
  • With responsiveness, you can view your site on a wide range of devices. There are so many devices, that to view them is nearly impossible without a tool like BrowserStack.
  • In Live view, you can enter your website and select the various browsers you would like to test on. If even want to test on older browsers, you can. This helps you to view various browser tweaks that you may have to make.
  • BrowserStack keeps its features up to date so that you can test on upcoming browsers and operating systems as well. This helps with future development.
  • BrowserStack tends to be rather expensive and the free option is very limited. I'd like to see a unlimited free option if even for one person.
  • I'd like to see faster response times on bringing in the site screenshots.
If you have a website where you know a lot of people will be viewing it on mobile, it is very well suited. As for general desktop use, it might not be well suited unless you still have a lot of Internet Explorer 6 or Windows XP users.
Read Chris Coppenbarger's full review
December 09, 2014
Andrew Palios | TrustRadius Reviewer
BrowserStack is a valuable tool for our workflow. As devices and browsers change, BrowserStack is a valuable design tool. With BrowserStack, our clients can rest assured that a digital design from us functions and renders properly across all browsers and devices consistently. Before a digital design is released to a client, our team uses BrowserStack to test the design across all browsers and devices until it is completely ready to go live.
  • The ability to test remotely on your machine, or test live sites in real-time across all devices and web browsers, saving money for your company.
  • Test across the latest operating systems like Windows and Mac, without the cost of owning those operating systems.
  • Solve cross-browser and device compatibility issues right out of the gate, saving you time and money down the road by eliminating programming issues after a project is completed.
  • Provide a quality product for your customers right-away, improving your brand promise and solidifying your position as an expert in the field of digital design.
  • Improves workflow as the last word in the quality of a digital design, allowing you to test site links and navigate as if you had the actual device in your hand.
  • BrowserStack is missing the ability to listen to audio.
  • There are times when testing sessions will crash in BrowserStack, especially when testing sites that are not live from your desktop.
  • There is no monitor compatibility for the Samsung 4K monitor being pushed by Apple right now.
BrowserStack is perfectly suited for design, marketing, or technology companies that provide digital design services. If your company needs a product that is able to provide testing across a wide variety of operating systems, browsers, and devices including mobile and tablet products BrowserStack is a must have. With the ability to test your designs through all of the scenarios previously described, this product will increase your productivity and improve the image of your company with your clients. BrowserStack will do this by eliminating any programming edits after a site is live and proving to your clients that when you say you test your website across all browsers, mobile devices, and operating systems, you truly mean it.
Read Andrew Palios's full review
June 08, 2018
We use BrowserStack to test website, by the IT, Marketing and Art Departments. It shows design versions for all popular devices and browsers.
  • Range of available devices allows you to test pages on all views and catch mistakes before pushing live.
  • Range of available browsers allow you to find browser specific design elements.
  • Pairing Devices with browsers
  • Works a little slow sometimes depending on network speed
  • Can run only one site at a time. It's not very flexible to switch from one page/site to another. Have to restart the view each time.
  • Some complicated functionality may not work on the rendered screen, like complex design elements on pages may not render correctly.
Testing/viewing web pages on different devices and browsers.

What is BrowserStack?

BrowserStack is a cloud web and mobile testing platform, which is used by more than 2 million developers across 135 countries. The product's value proposition is to help teams speed up release cycles and deploy websites and mobile applications that work seamlessly on any user interface.

Users can choose from more than 1,200 on-demand real mobile devices, browsers and operating systems and rely on a secure, stable and scalable infrastructure to support thousands of concurrent manual and automated tests. The goal is to reduce the time, cost and maintenance overhead associated with testing.

More than 25,000 global companies use BrowserStack, including Microsoft, ING, Mastercard, Dow Jones, Garmin, National Geographic, Volvo, NRK, HubSpot, Walt Disney and AngularJS, to name a few. BrowserStack has offices in San Francisco, Mumbai and Dublin, and is privately held and backed by Accel.

BrowserStack Competitors