Overall Satisfaction with Scale Computing HC3
Scale devices will replace our internal VMWARE/SAN/HPE environment at corporate and our DR site. Additionally, we will be using it to power 25 (50%) of our bigger retail stores. If this is successful and we see enough ROI we will implement a smaller version of the solution Scale is working on in the rest of the 25 retail stores. I expect this will increase up-time to almost 100% and allow upgrades and changes without issue. Additionally, these units will assist during power events as they have great redundancy.
- Simple interface
- 24/7/365 support (onshore)
- Relatively inexpensive compared to VMware/SAN solutions.
- Needs a much more robust multi-site management suite
- Hardware choices need to be expanded. I know they are working on this actively.
- More detailed backup instructions. The interface is too simple.
Support has been perfect so far. Always available. The remote control and assistance help is bar none amazing and so much easier than the competition, making everyone else look like a joke. It's not inexpensive support, but amazingly great value for what you get. I cannot buy similar support for any of the devices we have except maybe Cisco and Verizon. Scale matches or exceeds support offered anywhere.
- Human Resources
- SQL Databases
- Accounting software (ERP)
- Point of sale servers
- Video Security
- Too soon to tell, but I project an overall reduction of about 40% in software and hardware.
- Training and support should be able to be done in house as opposed to outsourced. Probably close to 100K savings each year for HQ alone.
- Remote site support and time to resolution should be cut in half or better.
- HPE solutions
- Cisco Hyperflex
It's well suited for big video/security installations that need redundancy and any kind of redundant situation. If IT resources are scarce or lacking (like can't afford a VMware Jockey) buy Scale instead. If you need less storage and smaller edge redundancy, Scale is not there yet but they are within this year of having it happen.