Overall Satisfaction with Schoology
Schoology is being used as our LMS (Learning Management System) of choice. We use Schoology in order to provide virtual spaces for students to learn and engage in very personalized settings. Schoology becomes very useful when used in very tech-rich environments, as it helps educators keep all online tools in one place, and helps manage student resources, work, and data in one place. Furthermore, Schoology has allowed our district to provide classes for not just students, but also other teachers to provide enriching professional development. It has also encouraged many of our educators to connect via the available professional learning networks (pln's) available in the open groups.
- Schoology provides students personalized experiences.
- It allows students to keep resources and school materials available online, at any time.
- It provides students opportunities to engage in online tasks and discussions in a very engaging way.
- Schoology is very accessible, with a friendly interface, and provides mobile apps that are easy to use.
- Easy for teachers to learn to use, and provides multiple opportunities to teachers, depending on their level of knowledge.
- Best way to get teams of teachers to collaborate in groups or courses, and to share work and assignments.
- Fantastic way to gather data on students and their performance.
- They could provide faster updates in terms of changes to the system.
- It could use a better way to keep track of popular teacher requests in terms of a "wish list" of items to change or update.
- Students are engaged, and enjoy the platform experience.
- Teacher are using it in order to manage online content in a tech-rich environment.
- Administrators provide professional development using Schoology in order to provide consistency and continuity.
- It is very much part of the new culture in our work environment.
Although there are other good platforms for managing online classrooms, we did not find these as robust and were not as user-friendly in terms of interface, and their ability to connect to other online education platforms. It is also the best available platform for connecting to our particular SYS (Student Information System).
Schoology is by far very effective for all education settings and provides opportunities for learning and connecting that is unlike any other platform that I have been able to use. It is adequate enough to provide a learning environment for students in upper elementary all the way to 12th grade, and even for adults. Schoology may not be the best option for lower elementary, as students may not find it friendly for their needs.