ScreenConnect is the best of the bunch for remote access and support.
Overall Satisfaction with ScreenConnect
We use it for help desk and server monitoring for clients. The features of this product which are the most valuable to me are Persistent access and Remote access. The ease of end-user installation session were big factors in the decision [to use this product].
The product works very well and is easy for end users to install. I really like it.
- The app is very responsive - almost no lag.
- It's very easy for end-users to install as a support session.
- It's possible to use this product for alerting and monitoring of servers.
- Security is good, you can take advantage of 2 factor auth.
- I would like to see a full-blown thick client/desktop application.
- I rate technical support as moderate: Phone support takes 1/2 a day to return my call but they offer chat and email as well. This is at a premium price but is worth it given the responsiveness of the app.
- I would like to see more user-friendly configuration. Setting up permissions is possible but not easy to do. Setting up permissions and groups in the portal is NOT simple or intuitive by any stretch. It’s actually convoluted and took me a while to figure out how to accomplish it. It’s done with Roles and you need to assign users to roles, (not roles to users) and then associate the groups with roles.
- It has given me a single pane of glass for ad-hoc and persistent sessions.
- This is a premium price but is worth it given the responsiveness of the app.