Review: "Highly recommend Moz as the first stop for your SEO needs"https://www.trustradius.com/seoMozUnspecified8.22351012014-01-30T22:34:19.366Z
We use Moz to track a number of campaigns on our e-commerce websites. These campaigns tie in with Google Analytics to provide a one-stop dashboard that show us improvements over time in traffic, conversion, inbound links, reputation, social networking and brand mentions. The link analysis tools are critically important to help us discover and track changes in our link profile over time. Another great tool I use is Link Detox from LinkResearchTools.
- One stop dashboard - integrates data from Google Analytics and social networks. Highlights good/bad changes since last period.
- Keyword rankings over time - you can very quickly see if your keywords are improving or falling in the SERPs. Worth the price of submission on its own!
- Pages to optimize - gives you a detailed list of which pages need your attention, grading them A-F
- Crawl diagnostics - quickly see a list of errors that crawlers are finding on your site, shows total pages in indexes, etc
- Competitive metrics - compare your data with your top competitors so you can see how to beat them!
- There is always the worry that the link profile is giving "spammy links" more credibility than they deserve in the domain trust algorithm. There's really no way to compare mozrank with google's pagerank.. but it would be nice to be able to mark links as spam a la LinkResearchTools
- Not sure whether this is positive or negative, but Moz has helped us get OUT of some markets too! Looking at how your competitors are doing in comparison makes it easy and quick to tell if you're being outgunned. I have closed two ecommerce websites that seemed lucrative in market research but in practice we were just too far behind our competition who had a 10 year lead. Moz helped us track our progress against their mozrank for 12-18 months.
I would not hesitate to renew - I've been renewing effectively out of my own pocket for nearly 4 years now. I highly recommend Moz. However, I have to say, I am probably (and reluctantly) going to pause or cancel my membership shortly since my business and career has radically changed direction away from intenet marketing.
I believe Moz is a must-have product for anyone competing for customers on the internet. It has many very useful tools, and although some are not as good as competing products, their large number of integrating products make this the first place to go, in my opinion. Then add other products as needed, e.g. LinkResearchTools