A Solid E-Commerce Experience
May 22, 2021
A Solid E-Commerce Experience
Independent ContractorApparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Shopify
I am an Independent Contractor and was asked to build an E-Commerce Webpage for a Client using Shopify. I am currently adding elements and adjusting the theme to fit our needs. It is not a hard program to jump into and get started, it just lacks things we are specifically looking for from a design perspective. But for building a store, it has everything you need.
- The store layout is clear when it comes to uploading your products.
- Inventory options, Shipping, Variant, and more are easily adjusted
- Pricing has a feature that let's you adjust your price to see what your profit will be based on what you spent on the product. This is very handy, you can see your cost-per-item, the margin, and profit.
- Themes are lacking.
- Even when uploading your own themes, it is hard to adjust the background to fit instead of fill.
- The Font! Needs a ton more options than the few available.
- For building a basic e-commerce, this is a great timesaver.
- It is fast and easy and you can put together a full functioning store (if you have your listing descriptions ready) in 10 minutes.
- Reasonably priced. I have a full functioning professional site for $1 per day.
- I love the Spam protection offered with Google reCAPTCHA. This prevents negative traffic.
- By using Shopify, I was able to build the store myself without hiring someone to do it. I have basic HTML & CSS knowledge but no other coding. So this was easy enough to get into with explanation.
I personally prefer and use Wix, because of customization and it is a few dollars cheaper. But what Shopify offers in the Store package compared to Wix are the currencies accepted, being able to subscribe, automated sales tax, or SEO options. To get all that out of Wix you would need to upgrade to an even bigger package that costs more up to $49 a month. So even though it has its flaws when it comes to functioning and providing a solid E-commerce experience, Shopify is superior.
Do you think Shopify delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Shopify's feature set?
Did Shopify live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Shopify go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Shopify again?
Some may find Shopify useful when starting a retail business online because as I mentioned before, it is very easy to upload products and adjust the price, shipping, quantity, keep track of sales, and even editing your website SEO...yes, there are a lot of pluses for creating a simple online store. But I think if you want to "Design" the store with your own themes or font, this may not be a good choice unless you have a background in web design and decide to upload your own ZIP, then this is perfect. So, my conclusion is that it isn't beginner-friendly in the design department.
Shopify Feature Ratings
Product catalog & listings
Bulk product upload
Abandoned cart recovery
Checkout user experience
Promotions & discounts