Ecwid by Lightspeed

Ecwid, no need to be a tech wiz!

June 07, 2021

Got the job done

May 24, 2021

May 18, 2021
Use it as a storefront and website for my business. I sell artisan cold process soap.

Awesome for a small business

December 13, 2020

October 30, 2019

Product catalog & listings (12)

9.7

Product variations (12)

Product management (12)

Visual customization (12)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Ecwid by Lightspeed, and make your voice heard!

Free

$0

Venture

$15

Business

$35

• Setup fee optional
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.ecwid.com/pricing

Online Storefront

Online Shopping Cart

Online Payment System

9.4

eCommerce Marketing

eCommerce Business Management

What is Ecwid by Lightspeed?

Ecwid allows customers the ability to create an online store to any webpage or social media profile. Boasting hundreds of thousands of merchants in 175 countries as users, Ecwid aims to provide everything needed to reach customers wherever they are: in-person, through a website, Instagram, Facebook, Amazon, or Google Shopping. In addition, Ecwid’s point-of-sale integrations, email marketing integrations, and dedicated mobile app allow sellers to manage marketing merchandising, and sales - any time, anywhere.

Ecwid by Lightspeed Features

• Supported: Inventory management
  • Supported: Accounting
  • Supported: Shipping
  • Supported: Custom functionality

• Supported: The ability to sell on multiple platforms at the same time
  • Supported: Language Detection – Ecwid’s storefront is translated into 45 different languages
  • Supported: Dedicated native mobile app for every Ecwid customer
  • Supported: Ecwid for iOS and Android to manage the store from your mobile device
  • Supported: POS integration with Square and Vend

Ecwid by Lightspeed Screenshots

Ecwid store looks perfect on any smartphone and automatically adapts to your customer’s screen size — laptops, tablets, smart TVs or smart watches.Manage your Ecwid store wherever you are from your mobile device.Mobile app for every store. Your customers can shop from their mobile devices with your own dedicated native app and utilize advanced features like Apple Pay.

Ecwid by Lightspeed Video

This video will show the control panel for day to day management of a store and how to start setting up a new store.

Ecwid by Lightspeed Downloadables

Ecwid by Lightspeed Integrations

Ecwid by Lightspeed Competitors

Ecwid by Lightspeed Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Mobile Web
Supported CountriesAll countries
Supported LanguagesAlbanian, Arabic, Armenian, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, Georgian, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Mongolian, Norwegian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh, German, Thai, Turkish

What is Ecwid by Lightspeed's best feature?

Reviewers rate Product catalog & listings highest, with a score of 9.7.

Who uses Ecwid by Lightspeed?

The most common users of Ecwid by Lightspeed are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Ecwid was used to create a storefront selling unique handmade items from another country. It was used across the organization for a period while we needed the functionality! It is a pretty "all-inclusive" app that includes item upload and management, sale, payment process, shipping, and even emails!
  • Very easy user experience!
  • Lots of customization options for your products!
  • Easily communicate with customers through its email functionality.
  • Can integrate with almost any platform I can think of!
  • You have to pray for a lot of upgrades for access to certain features.
The great thing about Ecwid is that it can grow with your business. You can use the free application for quite some time and as you grow into more features, you can upgrade as needed while maintaining your data and info! Ecwid is definitely a user-friendly option that is "ready-made" not requiring a lot of customization or any coding experience. Great for beginners and professionals alike!
May 24, 2021

Got the job done

We use Eqwid for a client who sells branded merchandise on their website. We use it as a connection for Printful to their Joomla website. It addresses the issue of adding a print-on-demand service directly to their website.
  • Integrates other platforms.
  • Collects sales.
  • Basic style and formatting settings.
  • Needs more formatting options.
  • Custom styling is basic.
  • Difficult to set up with integrations.
Very easy to set up for someone selling products they ship themselves. Not as suited for integrating a print on demand service to our client's website.
Ecwid is being used by our company. It allows us to have a low-cost simple to use point-of-sale and website for our foodservice business. It is utilized by numerous personnel in different departments from cashiers to web administrators. The website portion of the site has been the most useful part since it has allowed us to achieve our exact goals with minimal experience required.
  • Website design
  • Extremely user-friendly
  • Point-of-sale at higher tier
  • A bit more customization options.
  • Adding Amazon and EBay to Venture tier would be nice.
  • Adding MailChimp to Venture tier would be welcome.
Ecwid is absolutely perfect for any business that is looking to start out with online sales and mobile point-of-sale. Many times, business owners may have limited experience in setting up a website or point-of-sale. Having to spend on this expertise with a limited budget can be frustrating. Ecwid allows you to have great results even if you are a novice.
May 18, 2021

Ecwid Review

• Easy to set up your website and store
  • Strong support material and systems
  • Good logistic integrations for payment, shipping, etc.
  • Good connectivity to Facebook, Instagram, etc.
  • Limited website architecture
  • Order editing ability not available in some plans. It is pretty basic functionality.
Well suited as an all encompassing solution for small businesses that require a simple website, as well as a store integration option for larger websites. It makes it easy to collect payments, keep inventory, set up and process shipping and communication with your customers about their orders. Ecwid is well thought with you in mind.
  • no training
Very strong support system. Videos, articles and chat channels. I can see they really have thought out their users needs and anticipated them well.
[We are a] full range commercial drones and starter drones are available for amazing prices. UK law has meant that drones certain size and power are only allow to be in UK air space and will need to be registered with the Police and numbers will be allocated and attached to the drones.
  • Website access
  • Forms of payment
  • Updates sent out regularly
  • More access to placing products with Christmas, Easter, New Year discounting
  • Instant price drop
  • Be allowed to change icons banners much easier
Anybody who is trying to start a business need to seriously try Ecwid.
support is always at the end of an email or phone.
We use it as an online shop for our products, along with digital trails for our reserves. The marketing department deal with all orders and promotion. It has helped us a great deal for the sale of stock, especially with covid where all of our physical areas are closed. Would certainly recommend.
  • Easy to use, once set up, anyone can easily add stock.
  • Categories are nicely designed too
  • Postage is made easy, not a worry on over the top instructions.
  • More advanced options if you have someone able to do it.
  • You could add more elements to the design aspect, make it more unique.
  • Some things are difficult to find, some options take a while to get through.
If you're adding products, it is an easy set up, simple and quick once you learn it.
Only had to use it once, but the individual I spoke with got me sorted out quickly.
Our little business is so small that we don't really have multiple departments, but we originally began using Ecwid because I needed a way to run e-commerce easily. I'm not incredibly tech savvy and I wanted to service that was going to be straightforward. We only have several products, so I didn't need anything elaborate. I got the sense that we could grow with Ecwid...that I could grow with the process as an e-commerce user.
  • Clarity - there has been very little confusion and need to reach out to Customer Support for help
  • Consistency - no big, crazy updates or changes have been made to the format of Ecwid during my time using it, so I know when I log in to preform my business tasks I can always locate what I need and accomplish what is at hand easily
  • Simplicity - everything is so clear and straightforward. It's like e-commerce for dummies.
  • This may be due to my own lack of savvy, but I still have yet to figure out how to deal with managing stock levels a single product listing with multiple varieties (scents, sizes, colors)
  • I'd like to be able to connect my Venmo business account for a payment option
  • I'd like to be able to integrate my account with shipping service PirateShip
I think Ecwid is well suited for businesses who are dealing with less than typical e-commerce circumstances and need well rounded service that can serve a wide range of purposes. Less appropriate perhaps for large companies who already are very established.
I have always received the support I need in a timely manner. I enjoy receiving emails every week on trending business topics and new suggestions. They often serve as a reminder for me to include new e-commerce tools into our strategy. And I've always had great experiences with reaching out to the support team with specific questions.
January 27, 2021

My Boss is Sooo Happy

PAR is the trade association for over 2,500 REALTORS and Agents in our area. We provide a store with items to help them succeed at representing and selling their listings/properties. Due to COVID restrictions our office is closed to foot traffic. Ecwid provided the best way for PAR to offer our members a way to make store purchases online. And Ecwid was compatible with Clover and Wix which was essential in our case.
  • Works with Clover and Wix
  • Allows images to be uploaded
  • Offers product options and variations
  • Include product variations when exporting inventory
  • User friendly
  • Works with Clover and Wix
  • Provides great support if needed
  • Offers helpful blog articles and training videos
A+ so far
We are using Ecwid to manage and display our products on our website. It is our shopping cart and integrates easily into Wix. We rent much of our equipment and the solution was flexible enough to use for starting rentals with customers. Ecwid has many nice integrations with other software, including Order Desk and Helpful Crowd, which we use for order management and product reviews. It provides many different integrations to different payment processors. As a tiny business, Ecwid has provided me much flexibility at an economical price. My one wish is for the system to allow recurring billing.
  • Economical - Choose the plan that is right for your business
  • Flexible - There are many nice features to tailor the shopping cart to your business and they provide many integrations with other softwares
  • Intuitive - I don't feel overwhelmed by all of the options, but there are enough
  • Recurring billing - ability to bill subscription customers without having to go to my payment gateway
  • Robust order management - very limited in managing orders, therefore I had to subscribe to a different software
  • Expensive customization - if you want to customize anything, it is very expensive
[Ecwid is] very well suited for small businesses. Extremely flexible and easy to manage from my mobile device. Extremely easy to use. When I finally discovered Ecwid, I was shocked that I hadn't heard more about it or that it had become more popular than Shopify. I think it is far superior to Shopify.
Slow to receive responses. Would expect faster responses especially through chat.
I am a new upstart as far as business organization goes but I am a Christian leader and utilizing my coaching/consultation skills as I crossover from the church industry to the marketplace. I have been using it initially to test some things out in my business to see what people are clicking on and signing up for. Most of the things that I have been offering in the past have been free just to discover interests in what products potential customers/clients are interested in.
  • Great availability to assist if needed.
  • Easy to use platform.
  • Easy to put my store on social media and websites.
  • Ability to tailor or customize.
  • I had to get outside assistance to update my store URL.
I think Ecwid could work for anyone. I especially recommend it for those starting a new web business and for those brick and mortar who want an online presence quickly and cost-effectively.
Chat was always ready to assist if I needed help.
October 30, 2019

John Beveridge | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hi Alan, we are embarking on a new business venture that will run alongside our main company, and one of our appointed web developers proposed the use of Ecwid. The division is called ProAct-Retail and they will focus on the online retail market for various product lines intended to be sold across South Africa initially.
  • Bulk Product Import works well.
  • Product pages are easily updated.
  • The available payment methods are relatively easy to configure.
  • In my experience, there is an issue with Ecwid's ability to enable customization of our specific Shipping requirements. In South Africa, we have to be very mindful of the associated costs for online shoppers. We cannot do the required level of customization in Ecwid that we need to offer potential clients the best service and online shopping experience.
  • The available store front design templates are very limited.
  • I have had to move to another platform that will allow for customization of the shipping process together with our integrated shipping partner company in South Africa. (MDS Collivery).
Ecwid is well suited for clients that do not require further customization to the existing platform. We need more flexibility to configure the available options. Although one can use the basic design templates available, it's not sufficient.
Ecwid does also a plugin to WordPress, so this is quite a good option.
Miles Szkoda | TrustRadius Reviewer
Ecwid is being used by one of our sister companies to manage the entire eCommerce portion of their business. It is being used as the shopping portion of their website to allow consumers to purchase the good they are selling, to manage orders, and to calculate and manage shipping for the products.

Ecwid was the only solution that allowed us to utilize our payment processing platform and sell our specific set of goods, which was the main business problem it addressed.
  • Ecwid is extremely easy to use. I was able to give login credentials to an employee with very limited website experience and they were able to login and figure out how to use and manage Ecwid.
  • Ecwid has a lot of customization available. We were able to evolve and grow our Ecwid store as designs on our website have changed over time to allow them to be similar very easily and quickly.
  • The Ecwid pricing is very reasonable. We are able to manage all our products and eCommerce business through Ecwid at a cost that is an insignificant portion of our revenue.
  • Ecwid may have too many features and functions for basic users like us. The level of customization and features available are extensive and it can be confusing at time. Perhaps a more basic configuration option could be available along with an advanced version.
  • I would like to be able to create a storefront on Ecwid beyond the free level without having to pay for it until we are ready to launch the site live. Right now if you want to add over 10 products you have to upgrade to a higher level, even if you are still developing the site and not having any visitors.
Ecwid is a great product for anyone who needs an eCommerce portal or an entire eCommerce website. We use it more as the cart/portal for our visitors to buy things from our website, but if needed we could definitely use Ecwid to replace our entire website as it allows you to add multiple pages and be more than just a store.

I don't think there are any negatives I would point out here. Ecwid is for eCommerce sites and it does well as both a full site and as just a storefront portion of a site.