Ecwid Reviews

February 04, 2021
Chelsea Wallace | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our little business is so small that we don't really have multiple departments, but we originally began using Ecwid because I needed a way to run e-commerce easily. I'm not incredibly tech savvy and I wanted to service that was going to be straightforward. We only have several products, so I didn't need anything elaborate. I got the sense that we could grow with Ecwid...that I could grow with the process as an e-commerce user.
  • Clarity - there has been very little confusion and need to reach out to Customer Support for help
  • Consistency - no big, crazy updates or changes have been made to the format of Ecwid during my time using it, so I know when I log in to preform my business tasks I can always locate what I need and accomplish what is at hand easily
  • Simplicity - everything is so clear and straightforward. It's like e-commerce for dummies.
  • This may be due to my own lack of savvy, but I still have yet to figure out how to deal with managing stock levels a single product listing with multiple varieties (scents, sizes, colors)
  • I'd like to be able to connect my Venmo business account for a payment option
  • I'd like to be able to integrate my account with shipping service PirateShip
I think Ecwid is well suited for businesses who are dealing with less than typical e-commerce circumstances and need well rounded service that can serve a wide range of purposes. Less appropriate perhaps for large companies who already are very established.
I have always received the support I need in a timely manner. I enjoy receiving emails every week on trending business topics and new suggestions. They often serve as a reminder for me to include new e-commerce tools into our strategy. And I've always had great experiences with reaching out to the support team with specific questions.
Read Chelsea Wallace's full review
February 25, 2021
John Gibbon | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it as an online shop for our products, along with digital trails for our reserves. The marketing department deal with all orders and promotion. It has helped us a great deal for the sale of stock, especially with covid where all of our physical areas are closed. Would certainly recommend.
  • Easy to use, once set up, anyone can easily add stock.
  • Categories are nicely designed too
  • Postage is made easy, not a worry on over the top instructions.
  • More advanced options if you have someone able to do it.
  • You could add more elements to the design aspect, make it more unique.
  • Some things are difficult to find, some options take a while to get through.
If you're adding products, it is an easy set up, simple and quick once you learn it.
Only had to use it once, but the individual I spoke with got me sorted out quickly.
Read John Gibbon's full review
January 27, 2021
Joni Humphreys | TrustRadius Reviewer
PAR is the trade association for over 2,500 REALTORS and Agents in our area. We provide a store with items to help them succeed at representing and selling their listings/properties. Due to COVID restrictions our office is closed to foot traffic. Ecwid provided the best way for PAR to offer our members a way to make store purchases online. And Ecwid was compatible with Clover and Wix which was essential in our case.
  • Works with Clover and Wix
  • Allows images to be uploaded
  • Offers product options and variations
  • Include product variations when exporting inventory
  • User friendly
  • Works with Clover and Wix
  • Provides great support if needed
  • Offers helpful blog articles and training videos
A+ so far
Read Joni Humphreys's full review
December 13, 2020
Daisy Shotwell | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a new upstart as far as business organization goes but I am a Christian leader and utilizing my coaching/consultation skills as I crossover from the church industry to the marketplace. I have been using it initially to test some things out in my business to see what people are clicking on and signing up for. Most of the things that I have been offering in the past have been free just to discover interests in what products potential customers/clients are interested in.
  • Great availability to assist if needed.
  • Easy to use platform.
  • Easy to put my store on social media and websites.
  • Ability to tailor or customize.
  • I had to get outside assistance to update my store URL.
I think Ecwid could work for anyone. I especially recommend it for those starting a new web business and for those brick and mortar who want an online presence quickly and cost-effectively.
Chat was always ready to assist if I needed help.
Read Daisy Shotwell's full review
December 13, 2020
We are using Ecwid to manage and display our products on our website. It is our shopping cart and integrates easily into Wix. We rent much of our equipment and the solution was flexible enough to use for starting rentals with customers. Ecwid has many nice integrations with other software, including Order Desk and Helpful Crowd, which we use for order management and product reviews. It provides many different integrations to different payment processors. As a tiny business, Ecwid has provided me much flexibility at an economical price. My one wish is for the system to allow recurring billing.
  • Economical - Choose the plan that is right for your business
  • Flexible - There are many nice features to tailor the shopping cart to your business and they provide many integrations with other softwares
  • Intuitive - I don't feel overwhelmed by all of the options, but there are enough
  • Recurring billing - ability to bill subscription customers without having to go to my payment gateway
  • Robust order management - very limited in managing orders, therefore I had to subscribe to a different software
  • Expensive customization - if you want to customize anything, it is very expensive
[Ecwid is] very well suited for small businesses. Extremely flexible and easy to manage from my mobile device. Extremely easy to use. When I finally discovered Ecwid, I was shocked that I hadn't heard more about it or that it had become more popular than Shopify. I think it is far superior to Shopify.
Slow to receive responses. Would expect faster responses especially through chat.
December 23, 2020
Use it as a storefront and website for my business.
  • Easy to set up your website and store
  • Strong support material and systems
  • Good logistic integrations for payment, shipping, etc.
  • Good connectivity to Facebook, Instagram, etc.
  • Limited website architecture
Well suited as an all encompassing solution for small businesses that require a simple website, as well as a store integration option for larger websites.
Very strong support system. Videos, articles and chat channels. I can see they really have thought out their users needs and anticipated them well.
October 30, 2019
John Beveridge | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hi Alan, we are embarking on a new business venture that will run alongside our main company, and one of our appointed web developers proposed the use of Ecwid. The division is called ProAct-Retail and they will focus on the online retail market for various product lines intended to be sold across South Africa initially.
  • Bulk Product Import works well.
  • Product pages are easily updated.
  • The available payment methods are relatively easy to configure.
  • In my experience, there is an issue with Ecwid's ability to enable customization of our specific Shipping requirements. In South Africa, we have to be very mindful of the associated costs for online shoppers. We cannot do the required level of customization in Ecwid that we need to offer potential clients the best service and online shopping experience.
  • The available store front design templates are very limited.
  • I have had to move to another platform that will allow for customization of the shipping process together with our integrated shipping partner company in South Africa. (MDS Collivery).
Ecwid is well suited for clients that do not require further customization to the existing platform. We need more flexibility to configure the available options. Although one can use the basic design templates available, it's not sufficient.
Ecwid does also a plugin to WordPress, so this is quite a good option.
Read John Beveridge's full review
August 03, 2018
Miles Szkoda | TrustRadius Reviewer
Ecwid is being used by one of our sister companies to manage the entire eCommerce portion of their business. It is being used as the shopping portion of their website to allow consumers to purchase the good they are selling, to manage orders, and to calculate and manage shipping for the products.

Ecwid was the only solution that allowed us to utilize our payment processing platform and sell our specific set of goods, which was the main business problem it addressed.
  • Ecwid is extremely easy to use. I was able to give login credentials to an employee with very limited website experience and they were able to login and figure out how to use and manage Ecwid.
  • Ecwid has a lot of customization available. We were able to evolve and grow our Ecwid store as designs on our website have changed over time to allow them to be similar very easily and quickly.
  • The Ecwid pricing is very reasonable. We are able to manage all our products and eCommerce business through Ecwid at a cost that is an insignificant portion of our revenue.
  • Ecwid may have too many features and functions for basic users like us. The level of customization and features available are extensive and it can be confusing at time. Perhaps a more basic configuration option could be available along with an advanced version.
  • I would like to be able to create a storefront on Ecwid beyond the free level without having to pay for it until we are ready to launch the site live. Right now if you want to add over 10 products you have to upgrade to a higher level, even if you are still developing the site and not having any visitors.
Ecwid is a great product for anyone who needs an eCommerce portal or an entire eCommerce website. We use it more as the cart/portal for our visitors to buy things from our website, but if needed we could definitely use Ecwid to replace our entire website as it allows you to add multiple pages and be more than just a store.

I don't think there are any negatives I would point out here. Ecwid is for eCommerce sites and it does well as both a full site and as just a storefront portion of a site.
Read Miles Szkoda's full review

Product catalog & listings (8)
Product management (8)
Bulk product upload (3)
Branding (6)
Mobile storefront (6)
Product variations (8)
Website integration (7)
Visual customization (8)
Abandoned cart recovery (7)
Checkout user experience (7)
eCommerce security (7)
Promotions & discounts (6)
Personalized recommendations (3)
6.3
Custom functionality (8)
6.5

What is Ecwid?

Ecwid allows customers the ability to create an online store to any webpage or social media profile. Boasting hundreds of thousands of merchants in 175 countries as users, Ecwid aims to provide everything needed to reach customers wherever they are: in-person, through a website, Instagram, Facebook, Amazon, or Google Shopping. In addition, Ecwid’s point-of-sale integrations, email marketing integrations, and dedicated mobile app allow sellers to manage marketing merchandising, and sales - any time, anywhere.