Sketch is great!
December 15, 2018

Sketch is great!

Overall Satisfaction with Sketch

My organization builds websites for companies and Sketch is an integral part in our UX design process. I'm not a UX designer myself, but I know our designer and developers use this program heavily to rely on building out the website. Instead, I use Sketch for our social media graphics and campaigns for clients. Our designers are able to design templates for me (not a designer) to use, and it makes it easy for me to quickly edit and update graphics on the fly.
  • Sketch is great for saving multiple artboards in one file and keeping like-minded documents together.
  • The layers are super easy to distinguish and label and it makes editing various parts of a design really easy.
  • Sketch can be a bit buggy when it comes to saving documents or working in the latest version. If you don't have the most up-to-date version, the app can crash frequently.
  • It's not great for transferring design assets quickly like it is with Adobe products.
  • Drilling down into specific layers can be a bit convoluted.
  • Sketch saves me time because my designers can design one template for a graphic and I can easily go in and update text, images, or colors on the fly to create new graphics for clients.
  • The ability to name layers is super helpful and saves me time from searching for lots of different elements within a document.
Sketch is great. I "grew up" using Adobe products so it's been a bit of a learning curve, but Sketch is nice for quick designs and collaborative sharing.
Sketch is great if you need to make lots of iterations to a document and share with people. It's also great for compiling lots of project files into one document through the various art boards.