https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/24/DA/0A0EZ9Z74S8G.JPEGAirtable will take your business automation to the next level.We use Airtable for our clients. We optimize and automate business systems and processes using Airtable combined with Zapier. We use it to solve many problems including automatically generating dropbox links and automated emailing of them. As a database used to manage a clients members, their invoicing, stripe reconciling, automated emailing etc.,It has similar functionality to Google Sheets but allows you to do much more powerful data organizing. ie. Relationships between data (which DB devs will know all about but not spreadsheet users). eg. You have a list of students and a list of classes, you want to link those two lists together so you don't have to duplicate lots of data. Also, in terms of data organizing, the fields are a lot easier to customize and lock-in. Instead of using clunky data validation in sheets, Airtable allows you to select all kinds of different field types. Single select, multi-select, phone number, email address, collaborator, checkbox are ones we use regularly. Once paired with Zapier, Airtable's ability to power annoying manual data entry is fabulous! Using views you can trigger Zapier in all kinds of powerful ways.,Pricing per user and per record is a bit of a pain and could get expensive quickly. We use Airtable with Zapier a lot and sometimes we have some issues with deduplication where a zap won't run because a record has appeared in a view that it's been in before... which is probably great most of the time but sometimes we have to switch the zap off and on to make it work again. Date formatting between Zapier and Airtable is working better than it used to.,10,We've been able to increase the impact of our clients by decreasing their manual admin time.,,Zapier, Trello, Google Drive, Xero, Toggl,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Third-party Reviews,Our selection process worked well.,No,8,No,I needed to set up a workflow for a client that automated some data processes, Airtable provided me with all the steps and example formulas across multiple views to get what I needed.,Filters, sorting, grouping data. A lot more useful and practical than spreadsheets,Formulas are quite painful compared to Google Sheets which highlights which set of brackets you're working within and gives more feedback on whether you've written the formula correctly. Sometimes, I have to build the formula in Google Sheets first to copy across.,Yes,9Airtable to Run a Real Estate BrokerageI am using Airtable as the central database to run my business: as a CRM, to manage my sales pipeline, to manage my transaction pipeline, and to manage most if not all of my prospecting efforts.,Database management Relational record keeping Tracking any and all information,Being able to export Airtable data as merge fields would be amazing, much in the same way you can export PDFs via the page designer block.,10,Airtable has allowed me to consolidate multiple SAAS products into one product by using Airtable. Airtable allows for greater efficiency by reducing the number of products and, therefore, logins, required to run my business.,monday (formerly dapulse) and Wrike,Zapier, G SuiteUsability and uses of AirtableWe use Airtable across the whole organization. Further, we continue to find new ways to implement new bases. It's an integral part of our martech stack.,Social media planning Content marketing tracking and development Inventory CRM,I would like to see the different views, such as gallery view and calendar view, available on mobile I would appreciate the option to resize the thumbnails from image uploads It would be amazing to have readable attachments Have more files be readable within Airtable, such as PDFs or Office files,9,Increased productivity Beter tracking and resource management Encourages creativity through better brainstorming,Asana and Trello,Trello, IFTTTAirtable: The Last Database You'll Ever NeedAirtable is currently used only by my department; however, I use it in my freelancing work as well to support clients' needs in many ways. It addresses the need for a robust database to track A/R interactions and to ensure that no past due invoices fall through the cracks. Airtable's easy to set up controls make it highly customizable.,Extremely user-friendly interface Great integrations with other cloud software Cross-references and linking between different records,I would love to see linking between work spaces or bases - this would allow for more functionality at an enterprise level. The new block functions are great, but are only available on paid versions. It would be greater to have a lite version of the blocks in the free version. Without a previous knowledge of coding, some of the functions can be confusing.,10,Airtable has a huge positive ROI on my business objectives. It's helped me decrease our A/R collectible period. Airtable has streamlined my social media posting process which makes my clients happy and saves me time. Airtable has helped me do accurate time tracking, saving me $200 a month in unbilled time that I can now bill for.,Trello, Basecamp and Quip,Trello, Flow, BasecampIncredibly User Friendly Software will Make You a Database DivaAirtable is used in many ways for my whole organization and for working with clients. It's an amazing and user-friendly tool which we use in any number of ways including: To-do listsMarketing campaign managementMedia contacts lists Website asset managementSEO evaluation checklistsWebsite valuation checklists,Marries an Excel-type spreadsheet with database functionality, making it the very easiest way to create a database that I've experienced. The user interface is wonderful and so intuitive. It's a joy to use. It's highly customizable and flexible, so you can do any number of things with it.,Hard to say what's missing, but maybe some top-level admin -- so databases can be organized by large groups (like business vs. personal) rather than just workgroups? Maybe some tools built on top for things like asset management?,10,Haven't been focusing on ROI but Airtable is helping me be more efficient. I'm hoping to create some databases that I can monetize. TBD what the ROI will be though.,Insightly and Asana,MailChimp, Buffer, Screaming Frog SEO Spider,Creating a database Creating forms to embed in a website Creating different views other than a straight list, like KanBan style. Filtering data to create specific views.,It's so well designed, I can't really think of any.,Yes,10
Airtable

Airtable Reviews

Airtable
Filter 213 vetted Airtable reviews and ratings
Malcolm Colman-Shearer profile photo
September 24, 2018

Review: "Airtable will take your business automation to the next level."

• It has similar functionality to Google Sheets but allows you to do much more powerful data organizing. ie. Relationships between data (which DB devs will know all about but not spreadsheet users). eg. You have a list of students and a list of classes, you want to link those two lists together so you don't have to duplicate lots of data.
  • Also, in terms of data organizing, the fields are a lot easier to customize and lock-in. Instead of using clunky data validation in sheets, Airtable allows you to select all kinds of different field types. Single select, multi-select, phone number, email address, collaborator, checkbox are ones we use regularly.
  • Once paired with Zapier, Airtable's ability to power annoying manual data entry is fabulous! Using views you can trigger Zapier in all kinds of powerful ways.
  • Pricing per user and per record is a bit of a pain and could get expensive quickly.
  • We use Airtable with Zapier a lot and sometimes we have some issues with deduplication where a zap won't run because a record has appeared in a view that it's been in before... which is probably great most of the time but sometimes we have to switch the zap off and on to make it work again.
  • Date formatting between Zapier and Airtable is working better than it used to.
  • Well suited: A startup looking to develop a web app should really start in Airtable and make sure you know what you're doing with data and processes and integrations before scaling up.
  • Well suited: If your spreadsheet is getting out of hand due to the volume and types of data in it, might be time to look at Airtable.
  • Well suited: If you're using a spreadsheet like a database.
  • Well suited: You've got lots of business systems across different web apps and need to integrate/automate a few of them. Airtable is good as a central hub, especially if you're dealing with customer records.
  • Not so well suited: You want to quickly collect some data and aren't worried about automation. Easier to start in a sheet.
  • Not so well suited: You want to capture customer interactions from email. Probably easier to just get a simple CRM.
Read Malcolm Colman-Shearer's full review
Wayne Olson profile photo
November 09, 2018

Review: "Airtable to Run a Real Estate Brokerage"

• Database management
  • Relational record keeping
  • Tracking any and all information
  • Being able to export Airtable data as merge fields would be amazing, much in the same way you can export PDFs via the page designer block.
In its current state, Airtable is well suited to run many aspects of a real estate business. However, the caveat is that it takes a fair amount of customization (and familiarity with writing formulas to produce data just the way you need it) as well as deep integration with Zapier in order to connect other services to it.
Read Wayne Olson's full review
Pam Renovato profile photo
September 10, 2018

User Review: "Usability and uses of Airtable"

• Social media planning
  • Content marketing tracking and development
  • Inventory
  • CRM
  • I would like to see the different views, such as gallery view and calendar view, available on mobile
  • I would appreciate the option to resize the thumbnails from image uploads
  • It would be amazing to have readable attachments
  • Have more files be readable within Airtable, such as PDFs or Office files
I'm always thrilled at the new uses we continue to find for Airtable. The app excels at project management. We're currently using a base to track a stories project. Further, it's invaluable for tracking as a CRM or influencer marketing. One area where I wish for improvement is the IFTTT and Zapier integrations. It's a little clunky and misses at times.
Read Pam Renovato's full review
Chloe Sayers profile photo
August 05, 2018

Review: "Airtable: The Last Database You'll Ever Need"

• Extremely user-friendly interface
  • Great integrations with other cloud software
  • Cross-references and linking between different records
  • I would love to see linking between work spaces or bases - this would allow for more functionality at an enterprise level.
  • The new block functions are great, but are only available on paid versions. It would be greater to have a lite version of the blocks in the free version.
  • Without a previous knowledge of coding, some of the functions can be confusing.
Airtable is great as a personal organizer and particularly excels at project tracking for marketing related fields - such as social media calendars, content calendars, ad planning and tracking, and metrics reporting. It also works well for integrating with e-mail providers to track interactions and calculate next steps. This is particularly useful in an accounts receivable tracking scenario, as well as for CRM applications.
Read Chloe Sayers's full review
Robbin Block profile photo
July 20, 2018

Airtable Review: "Incredibly User Friendly Software will Make You a Database Diva"

1. To-do lists
  2. Marketing campaign management
  3. Media contacts lists
  4. Website asset management
  5. SEO evaluation checklists
  6. Website valuation checklists

• Marries an Excel-type spreadsheet with database functionality, making it the very easiest way to create a database that I've experienced.
  • The user interface is wonderful and so intuitive. It's a joy to use.
  • It's highly customizable and flexible, so you can do any number of things with it.
  • Hard to say what's missing, but maybe some top-level admin -- so databases can be organized by large groups (like business vs. personal) rather than just workgroups?
  • Maybe some tools built on top for things like asset management?
Any kind of lists, campaigns, checklists, asset management, onboarding forms, etc as I enumerated in my Use case.
Read Robbin Block's full review
Jane Kwon profile photo
June 11, 2018

User Review: "Benefits of Airtable"

Airtable is being used by our whole organization. CARS (Counseling and Referral Services) is a free service that provides connection to resources for youth and families residing in Los Angeles County. Due to Los Angeles County being so big, our organization uses Airtable as the resource hub. We use the list and blocks to have a list that can be filtered as well as a map to reference. It is managed by the Intake Unit, which consists of 2 employees, but is accessed by around 24 employees at our organization.
  • Quick and easy to use.
  • Great additional features, specifically the mapping feature.
  • Easily able to customize the rows/columns in the sheets as best fits my organization's needs.
  • Need to study all the additional features (there's a lot) to find out if our organization can use it.
I find that Airtable is well suited for companies/organizations that have a lot of data that needs to be organized, quickly updated, and accessed by employees easily. There are many features such as graphs, filtering options, mapping system, calendar options, and such. This is very helpful for our organization as we need a place to easily and quickly navigate community resources to provide the families we work with.
Read Jane Kwon's full review
Justin Raney profile photo
June 07, 2018

Airtable Review: "Optimal organization"

We run an EMS education business. We love that we can organize clinicals, students, instructors, further development and different locations. It helps keeps everything in one spot and creates better transparency with our administration and our staff. The views help us isolate the things that are important for managing multiple students with the requirements to become an EMT/Firefighter.
  • The organization is the number one thing that I love about Airtable. It helps with providing our staff with real-time updates and focuses on the things that matter to run a successful organization.
  • The multiple types views you can use for the data help isolate the things that matter and creates better visuals to make understanding the data easier.
  • Linking bases to other bases.
  • More examples of how you can use formulas.
  • Being able to change to different colors on the same record.
  • Increase limit on the colors in the calendar.
It works well for us to manage staff, students, communication, organization, and projects. We were looking for something to help us with all of these things without using multiple programs. We are glad that we found Airtable and it has met all of those needs. Looking forward to continuing to use Airtable and looking forward to the improvements.
Read Justin Raney's full review
Julia Gregg profile photo
July 11, 2018

User Review: "AirTable for Not-For-Profits"

AirTable is being used across our organisation for asset management, business modelling, workflow and project management and reporting,
  • AirTable allows me to present information to stakeholders in a format that allows them to dive deeper, but doesn't overwhelm them with too much information
  • AirTable gives each person in our small organisation access to customizable tools we wouldn't be able to afford to develop bespoke versions of
  • AirTable forces us to be more rigorous about data entry than traditional spreadsheets, meaning we have fewer human errors in our data.
  • We'd like AirTable to have a Gantt view so our small team only needs to use one piece of software for project management
AirTable suits our small time of people who are comfortable with technology and have close communications. It means we can all jump in and tweak systems to our needs,
Read Julia Gregg's full review
Erica Johnson profile photo
July 09, 2018

User Review: "Airtable for Admissions"

Airtable is being used by the Office of Admissions to manage our communication plan. Airtable is helping us schedule and in managing printing, email, and social media communication with prospective students, parents, school partners, and others. Instead of using multiple spreadsheets and programs to manage our calendar, inventory, and intended audiences, we are able to manage our entire strategic communication plan in Airtable.
  • Unlike standard spreadsheets, we can easily display a calendar or list
  • Allows for easy filtering and grouping
  • Provides an easy method for collecting and linking details about each mailing
  • Help features could be more robust
Excellent for managing large complex communication plans and calendars.
Read Erica Johnson's full review
Ronald van der Lee profile photo
June 21, 2018

Airtable Review: "Great solution for automating small businesses"

We use airtable for our member administration of our professional association. Before all the informatie was scattered over hundreds of Excel sheets.
  • Presenting information
  • Grouping, filtering and sorting data
  • Very easy to use
  • The blocks!
  • Referential integrity
  • Cascade updates
  • Triggers
Airtable is very customizable, so it is very easy to automate all kind of administrations for small businesses. I truly wish I had this ten years ago.
Read Ronald van der Lee's full review
Janee Pelletier, MBA, CMP, DES profile photo
June 04, 2018

User Review: "Airtable for Nonprofits"

Our small nonprofit organization uses Airtable to manage complex projects in multiple cities. We use it for scheduling school visits, tracking logistics details, calendaring, and managing staff.
  • Flexible - allows us to create fields for exactly what we need
  • Collaborative - provides individual users with access and ownership
  • Lovely - simple, clean design
  • Multi-day calendaring - difficult to find and use
  • Permission levels for individual users (such as creating/modifying tables, editing, read-only access)
  • Ability to publish calendars to the web
Great for mobile staff - excellent way to share ever-changing information. Not great for instant notifications (users don’t get a lot of push notifications by default).
Read Janee Pelletier, MBA, CMP, DES's full review
Sean Gilligan profile photo
May 30, 2018

User Review: "Airtable for content marketing"

We use Airtable to track and plan our content calendar. It's proven to be a very valuable tool in planning and coordinating our content across all channels, for 4 brands, each with multiple customer personas within multiple verticals. The visual interface helps me control the process and meet deadlines with all team members.
  • At a quick glance, we're able to see a Kanban view of our past published content and ensure we're putting fresh content out into the market.
  • Airtable can easily display all content, or filter according to priorities or specific segments.
  • Integration with Google Analytics to have a view on traffic to each piece of content
Content calendar management Team workflow (either project specific or overarching day to day team activity management).
Read Sean Gilligan's full review
June 20, 2018

Review: "Airtable: A quick and functional solution"

Airtable is currently used by myself, soon to be organization-wide, to track and organize our federal grant and strategic plan deliverables and metrics. Airtable helps more efficiently track our current training and technical assistance offerings to our membership that will enable us to monitor our progress toward milestones and goals in a more real-time fashion.
  • Linking tables within a base are particularly helpful to reduce duplication of entry and to quickly reference how one record is used across different projects.
  • The column functions, field types, and filtering and sorting work well to neatly organize records of information.
  • Airtable's mobile experience is very helpful for staff that are "on the go" like in our organization. Convenient access to our central database, where multiple users can be logged in at once, is essential for traveling employees to stay up-to-date.
  • It would be great if tables could link to other tables in a different base, not just in the same base.
Airtable is well-suited for organizations who need a database system to track records. It is less suited for those who want a more collaborative project management-type system, though Airtable does offer some collaboration functions.
September 10, 2018

User Review: "Catch some Airtable"

Our marketing department uses Airtable to build content calendars for clients. We also use various templates within the software to manage retainer accounts, monitor capacity, and plan content for months ahead at a time.
  • Color coding various types of content makes it easy to see, at a glance, what is coming up for marketing initiatives.
  • Airtable has amazing templates built out to help you get started quickly.
  • If you don’t want to use a template, you have the freedom to customize the template for exactly what you need.
  • We are able to store user personas, keywords, types of content, etc. and access it all in one view.
  • It would be really helpful if Airtable had a stronger “onboarding” or “how-to-use” when sharing the table to a client or other user.
Airtable has completely replaced our need for other softwares that stored information. We can build out content for months at a time and reference it all in one place rather than using something like Google Drive where we’d have to have tons of tabs open at once.

While it’s a great planning tool, it isn’t necessarily built for storing large pieces of content.
July 31, 2018

Review: "Airtable: Free version offers more than expected!"

We use Airtable to keep information for all of our contacts in order. We have various connections for the programs that we run, and Airtable helps us keep them straight and categorize based on our relationship (in this situation, companies we work with to place our students in internships, companies we visit with our students, alumni of our program, etc.) It's great for linking records so that we can see where there is overlap.
  • Linking records
  • Clean design
  • Easy to categorize cells ($, #, email, phone, etc.)
  • Would be great to link bases together
  • Mobile app - smooth scrolling makes it easy to accidentally delete records
Airtable is great for keeping your contacts organized. However, the more complex your Rolodex is, the more difficult it may be to contain all the information you have in an extremely organized way. It also has a very easy to use mobile app, which is extremely helpful when you use it to contain information that you need to access on the go.
June 14, 2018

Review: "Airtable has helped our non-profit escape the bane of crufty Google Sheets"

We use Airtable across most of our organizational activities and are moving more data and workflows over from Google Sheets to Airtable. Airtable allows us to gather and reuse and data efficiently. One of the key benefits is that it allows us to present this data to users that is always up-to-date.
  • We use Airtable to maintain a simple CRM. This is useful for us because we need to collate information about our membership but, as a non-profit, we do not need the traditional sale workflows commonly built-in to CRMs.
  • We use Airtable to manage events. It allows us to hold information about session proposals, as well as attendees (some of whom have also proposed sessions) all in one place.
  • It would be great if there was more granular permission on the free tier. As a non-profit with a small number of full-time staff, we work a lot with volunteers. It is not possible for us to afford a full license of each of the numerous volunteers who contribute to the tool infrequently. Admittedly, this is a problem with a lot of products (Slack, etc.).
  • It would be great if you could link one database to the data of another database. (So, for example, link the event database to our simple CRM, etc.)
Airtable is well-suited for collecting data that would be unwieldy to maintain in a Google Sheet. Our main problem has been how to scale our workflows with volunteers, since Google Sheets is free without limits to functionality.
May 21, 2018

Review: "Airtable - proving to be increasingly useful to our operations"

We are a major international film festival on the lookout for a new database system. Our database is required to underpin all of our operations including tracking film submissions, programming and scheduling films and other events, venue operations, ticketing data and contact management. At present, AirTable is being trialled in a couple of departments - systems and operations. We are investigating how AirTable can meet our needs before we rolling it out across the entire organisation.
  • Ease of use. Airtable will feel familiar to any user who has worked in Excel or on Google Sheets. Users are quick to get the hang of Airtable and understand its potential.
  • The different ways of viewing your data. The range of data view include a spreadsheet grid, via a calendar, as a Kanban or as a gallery of data cards and this massively increases the way we can utilise and share the data in the system.
  • The ability to create and share forms means that we can ask a range of stakeholders to enter data directly into Airtable. We can then easily work with that data.
  • It would be great to have great control over data fields in a form view, for example the ability to set a word limit where a user is being asked to enter text or to limit the size of a file being uploaded in the form
  • We would like to use Airtable to gather RSVPs to an event so the ability for users to change or update existing data via a form would give us a huge incentive for moving forward with Airtable as a permanent database solution for us
  • Increased flexibility for user permissions within bases, for example the ability to prevent some users from accessing particular data tables or views
Airtable is proving well-suited to
  • take applications from candidates wishing to apply for volunteer and paid positions at the festival
  • monitor and review job applications
  • enabling a number of colleagues to work on the same task
  • getting temporary staff using the system quickly
I am keen to use the system to manage RSVPs to event invitations but this is proving a little tricky to facilitate via Airtable.
Juliet Sternberg profile photo
May 04, 2018

Airtable Review: "Airttable--great option for not for profits without a huge tech department!"

We are a tiny not-for-profit (2 social workers) obviously without a full tech department to support us. When we decided to upgrade from MS Access, we knew that we needed something simple to use, bug-free, dynamic, able to be used across a variety of devices and platforms and providing all of the necessary data on the people we serve, the organizations we collaborate with, and our own volunteers in a clean, concise, easily navigable, easily editable format. Airtable has proven perfect for all of these needs. And to be able to edit in real time with people viewing the same screen from different locations is an added bonus. The only downside--it is so good we entered so much information that we had to upgrade pretty quickly! But our experience of using it this far leaves us convinced that the added cost will be worth it.
  • very intuitive and simple to use
  • bug-free
  • we are able to formulate it for our needs instead of fitting into someone else's idea of what we need
  • usable across multiple platforms and devices--desktops, laptops, iphones.
  • editing in real time, and several viewers viewing screens from remote locations
  • entering a single record seems to have to be done across several screens. Perhaps just the way we did it, but would be easier if it were all done on one screen
  • can't figure out how to "hide" a record once one of the people we are visiting dies. We don't want to delete the record, just hide it from the primary view.
  • eventually, it would be great to be able to integrate into Gmail--eg to hit the email address and have that transfer to an email...but perhaps not possible without permission from google...
Any sort of database--keeping records of all of our volunteers, recipients, organizations, etc
Read Juliet Sternberg's full review
Chris Chinn profile photo
May 04, 2018

Airtable Review: "Flexible application for a non-profit"

Like many organizations, we badly abuse Excel as a tabular data entry and storage system for so much of the administration work that falls outside the core systems we can afford to support. Airtable is helping us manage the work pipeline of various teams, online and backed up in ways we could not have previously hoped for. Importantly while addressing these things at a relatively low cost we have a flexible solution to other opportunities and problems we hope to address with Airtable in the future.
  • All the hard work of trying to build a solution in Excel is done for you. You can create links to simple mobile-friendly forms and datasheets and it builds input forms automatically that can then be easily customized.
  • The relationships across tables are robust and deal with changes to fields and tables without the need for intervention or maintenance (like a proper database).
  • Initial set up and use require a minimal set of IT skills. Coming with an array of pre-built templates and the ability to import your existing spreadsheet and customize and fine tune it from there into a database
  • They don't contact me every day trying to sell their product (probably because they don't have to).
  • A little more customisation of the forms would be fantastic. The interface is simple and helps avoid making problems for yourself, but being able to take out some of the white space and select different fonts or show basic formatting would be a good addition. But such is Airtable I am likely to find out with the right knowledge you can.
  • Not being able to connect "Bases" together. This can be addressed by building all tables you need in to one base and remembering you can always export the data out somewhere else if you need this level of integration.
  • If you are a larger or growing organisation, Airtables flexibility and ease at replacing spreadsheets needs to be managed (or you could replace your uncontrolled Excel addiction with an Airtable one).
Good for replacing administrative spreadsheets, creating resource assignment and calendars, planning activities, creating on the fly data stores, outputting simple mobile data entry forms. Dealing with mobile staff needing to enter simple data quickly or with managers and officers who need to see real-time snapshots of information.

When dealing with smaller data sets and not requiring blocks, then for a non-profit it is useful to have the free workspaces where everyone can fully collaborate and update records.

Less good for complex financial work you should stick with Excel or your finance system. If you have a very large number of records and need many people to be able to update records then you need to consider the costs (however most off the shelf products you will be looking at to do your specific tasks will probably cost more when you evaluate them).
Read Chris Chinn's full review
Juan Matute profile photo
May 01, 2018

Airtable Review: "Easy to learn to onboard your entire team - yet powerful"

We're using Airtable for knowledge, process, and records management as our research center grows to include more proposals, projects, people, publications, and presentations. A relational database management system allows us to keep track of the relationships between each of these with up-to-date records. University and funding agency guidelines expect us to retain records for reporting and we had been doing this in Google Drive, particularly Google Sheets. As we scaled up, records in Google Sheets became less manageable as new records were added that weren't properly linked. Airtable allows us to structure fields and relationships but is as easy to use or easier to use than Google Sheets.
  • Great user experience and minimal learning curve. It wasn't until I became aware of Airtable that we found a solution that allows us to implement the best features of a collaborative RDBMS with our staff who don't have any training. I had previously used Zoho Creator and found that it was difficult to onboard new users because of a steeper learning curve.
  • Easy to share views and invite contributions via forms.
  • Blocks add significant functionality that would be hard to custom build.
  • I'd really like to be able to link records or a view between bases within my workspace.
  • The form designer is not as featured as we're used to with Google Forms.
  • I'm using the Airtable Importer by Railsware to bring Airtable data into Google Sheets. Import from Google sheets would be a great feature.
Many business processes can be improved with a collaborative relational database, but few know how to create and use one. It wasn't until I became aware of Airtable that we found a solution that allows us to implement the best features of a collaborative RDBMS with our staff who don't have any training. I had previously used Zoho Creator and found that it was difficult to onboard new users because of a steeper learning curve. The combination of a minimal learning curve and features make Airtable a win. I've already recommended it to colleagues at other universities who've started using it.
Read Juan Matute's full review
Andy Havens profile photo
April 26, 2018

Review: "Enjoying Airtable as we're learning its strengths"

The content marketing group is using Airtable to help plan communications projects. I needed a way to track multiple projects that might share some common elements but not all, and the ability to apply different views based on user or reporting needs.
  • It's very easy to use. I was able to start from scratch and get a pretty complex workflow set up in just a couple hours.
  • The ability to create one "master table" with every piece of possible information is good for the "deep dive" members of the team, but then it's easy to create views and calendars based on just a few pieces of data that are better for one specific use or person.
  • Being able to store draft content on the system as attachments means that the review copy/image can be included in the workflow rather than as a separate email or in another tracking system.
  • The ability to quickly group, sort and filter on the master table make it easy for the power-users to work with the full set of information, but still find a specific project quickly.
  • It would be great to have multi-tiered selection options. So if I check a box-like, "Does this need social support?" I could then pick from a multi-select drop-down based on the choice.
  • It would be good if we could have a kanban view built off a selection from a multi-select since some projects might be part of multiple strategic initiatives.
  • It would be cool if forms could have some basic if/then functionality. As it is, we need to create different forms for different media requests that share 75% of the same data.
I'd say if you're looking to consolidate project details across a number of functions where there's a lot of overlap, Airtable is a great choice. We've got a relatively small team of content creators and project managers, but we are often involved in a wide variety of media, content types and deliverables. So it helps to be able to put every activity on one master spreadsheet, but then be able to pull out views that pull out only select pieces of info for specific projects or strategies. The ability to search across fields means you can also use hashtags for folks who want to be able to locate their work using person-specific queues that don't need to be agreed-upon as part of the overall design of the table.

I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a content repository specifically or a DAM. It could do that in a very limited sense, but not if you're wanting to store large graphic or video assets. Also, as far as I can tell, you can't publish directly to social accounts from Airtable. So you'll still need to port your content directly to your social accounts or a platform manager like Social Studio.
Read Andy Havens's full review
Dana Luco profile photo
April 19, 2018

Review: "Airtable is helping our small nonprofit grow"

DEF is using Airtable to keep track of several things: Sales pipeline, event management, donor contributions, and program management. I use and manage Airtable and provide reports to staff as necessary.
  • The ease of the relational database capabilities are key for keeping tracking of how our contacts, partners, donors, and event attendees are all related.
  • The map block feature is great for when we're on the road visiting partners.
  • The custom views are extremely helpful for viewing the most important information quickly.
  • As a nonprofit, the reduced prices are also greatly appreciated so we can put more funds towards the youth we serve rather than into infrastructure.
  • Of HUGE importance is the care and feeding I've received from customer support. I ask a question and get a response within 24 hours and the response is personalized and makes sense. The conversation with a single representative is such a relief and makes it so much easier for me to be productive.
  • I suspect that the technology integrations with other apps, using Zapier or otherwise, will become more and more important to us - we're working on getting PayPal payment completions to populate our event attendee lists right now!
  • I can't actually think of any road blocks or insufficiencies yet!
I hope to manage everything in our business through Airtable. I'm not sure of the extent of the formula capabilities but I'm excited to learn my options there. The consolidation of all our data so far has been of great value to keep us organized and productive. The fact that we don't have to be IT geniuses is of enormous benefit because relying too much on outside IT help becomes messy - we need stability and ease of use in our technology, which Airtable has given us so far.
Read Dana Luco's full review
Seth Cochran profile photo
April 17, 2018

Airtable Review: "Easy for anyone to use, hugely powerful for those who dig in"

We have just finished testing Airtable and are now rolling it out across the whole organization. This tool seems like a major game changer. It's VERY easy for anyone to use, but has extreme functionality built into it. Sometimes, you see a powerful tool that is too difficult for people to use, so you never get the full power. But with Airtable, it seems as applicable and approachable as Excel, but with outrageously deeper functionality. We are using it in everything from managing donor leads and project planning to detailing needs assessments done at African hospitals and sequence development actions.
  • Extremely easy for low tech people to pick up and use. It feels intuitive and there are lots of examples that make it easy to learn.
  • The blocks make some pretty sophisticated stuff possible, even for people who lack a tech or database background.
  • Its a replacement for lead/case management, project management, and file storage - all in one!
  • The trial period should be a bit longer. I wanted to test it before I rolled it out to my team. Just after I felt comfortable and started to share, the trial period ended.
  • Shorter videos. I think there are great resources available and I really think that is a strength, but if I had to suggest something, it would be to make more short videos to give technical how-tos.
It's VERY easy to use and VERY powerful. Honestly feels like a big leap in productivity tools. Airtable just feels like magic and seems to address many of the weaknesses of other great tools all at once. I have started to use it across all of Operation Fistula's work, but also across my client's work too!
Read Seth Cochran's full review
Sherry Raeder profile photo
April 14, 2018

Review: "Drowning in data? Check out Airtable... your data (and team) will thank you!!"

Airtable is currently being used by our Operations Team as our CRM. As a small non-profit with a matching small budget, we quickly realized the limitations of what was available to us with CRM options. Off the shelf products didn't offer the customization we needed. The customizable bigger solutions were just that, too big for our needs, and often with a big price tag. We'd resorted to using Excel spreadsheets; not a bad solution for us, but a very limited one. Then came Airtable! After watching a few video tutorials, exploring the available templates, and getting inspired by what other users were sharing in the "Airtable Universe" we were quick to realize it would be a very viable solution to our CRM needs. We started with a seamless export of our Excel data into Airtable and started building everything we needed in a system from there. We were impressively up and running a CRM and rolling it out to the Operations Team in a couple of days.
  • Airtable is easy to use. It has an intuitive interface and plenty of video/help support for what is not.
  • It makes not only organizing your data efficient, but connects that data to everyone on your team in one centralized database. I love that multiple people can be editing the same records at the same time, and Airtable captures it all in real time!
  • Easy to link data between tables. This makes a lot of information available to users with just a few keystrokes - which makes the frustration of hunting down information a thing of the past.
  • Really appreciate being able to use Zapier to connect Airtable to several of our other systems that house data - MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, Quickbooks to name a few.
  • Being able to change the data views is one of the bigger fan favorites on our team, whether it is in Grid, Gallery, or Kanban, to grouping and sorting by Field Type. There is something for everyone's needs there.
  • I can see where being able to connect several bases together within one workspace would be beneficial. Currently, we've created a lot of tables within one CRM base, and in doing so has made it a bit overwhelming (visually) for some of our users. Limits flexibility a bit.
  • The app for the iPhone is solid. The Android app needs some work/an update.
  • The formula functionality between cells is a bit limited (not the depth of say, MSExcel) and not intuitive for all of our user base.
  • The ability to create charts through the "Blocks" options is a great idea, but very limited in it's initial debut. Looking for more features (pie charts, series labels, dual axes, etc.) to be able to create more dynamic charts in the future.
  • I've gotten a browser warning or two about Airtable being "resource heavy." Time will tell if that becomes an issue.
We haven't being using Airtable for long, so where it is best-suited for us may yet to be seen, although we are thrilled with what we have been able to do in building a CRM in such a small amount of time. I can see us quickly starting to think about a donor management base next. It appears to have a LOT of flexibility with what you can do with your data - your resources (time/$/staff) to do so may be your only limit.
Read Sherry Raeder's full review
Sarah Jones profile photo
April 13, 2018

User Review: "Airtable changed my life"

We use Airtable to manage an Australia-wide pilot program. Through Airtable we manage the students and schools participating in the pilot, as well as robot assets, media and publicity, and our tasks. It also allows us to keep track of qualitative data that is important for monitoring and evaluation.
Airtable's dynamic database functionality allows us to rapidly update and adapt our information. We are able to manage multiple things in one place - assets, participants, tasks, media opportunities - and interlink records. This means that we have a complete, up to date data set in one place. The flexibility of being able to add and adjust fields as you go is excellent. Our Airtable workspace has evolved with us and with the emerging needs of our pilot program.
  • Links between different tables. This is one of the best features if you're managing things that are linked to other things, which nearly everything is!
  • You can add fields, change fields, remove fields, whenever you want. It's an adaptable, dynamic database. You don't get stuck with a structure that doesn't work for you-you just change it.
  • You can view records in different views e.g. as a grid, form, calendar. This is so handy. When I'm collecting data about a new participant in our program I open up a new record as a form and fill it out like that. At other times I need to see them all as a list or group of different criteria and I can do all of that with the click of a button.
  • You can send out forms and the data goes straight back into your Airtable workspace. So handy and makes data collection and management easy.
  • Grouping, filtering. This is so handy for viewing where tasks or participants are up to in the process.
  • We are relatively new to Airtable and are still exploring its functionality. We've also just been using a free account which has some limits but paid plans have features that could be handy. So far, we're just thrilled at how it's streamlined our workflow and information management.
I recommend Airtable to everyone!
It helps manage:
  1. Assets
  2. Tasks
  3. People
If you're involved in any of those, I'd highly recommend it.
Read Sarah Jones's full review

Task Management (132)
Resource Management (125)
Gantt Charts (43)
Scheduling (107)
Workflow Automation (88)
Team Collaboration (144)
Support for Agile Methodology (63)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (42)
Document Management (111)
Email integration (70)
Mobile Access (131)
Timesheet Tracking (53)
Change request and Case Management (63)
Budget and Expense Management (77)

About Airtable

Airtable is a collaboration platform designed to empower 30,000+ companies for content pipelines, product management, events planning, user research, and more.

The vendor’s value proposition is with the friendly interface, customizable grid, calendar, form, and stacked card views, and a fully flexible structure, Airtable empowers users to build workflows that work the way they want.

Airtable Features

Has featureBudget and Expense Management
Professional Services Automation Features
Does not have featureQuotes/estimates
Does not have featureInvoicing
Does not have featureProject & financial reporting
Does not have featureIntegration with accounting software

Airtable Screenshots