https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/24/DA/0A0EZ9Z74S8G.JPEGPractically Perfect in Every Way!I work in Primary Education; delivering the National Curriculum for Computing/ICT. This includes all year groups; from Reception to Year 6 (4 to 11 year olds). Databases form part of that curriculum. Pupils have to learn to populate, create and develop databases, and to analyse the data entered using sorting, filtering (queries), searching and graphs. Our old software became obsolete a few years ago, at which time I researched education products, later widening my parameters to include products developed for business. I needed a product that was easy to use, met all of the criteria, and was cost effective. Airtable filled my requirements perfectly. I prefer it to any of the education products. More recently I have started to use it to track student data and to create a resource inventory. I have enthusiastically recommended it to a number of people.,The website is very well laid out. It is uncluttered, easy to navigate, and is highly visual. There are a great range of field types and add-on blocks. Setting up bases is very straightforward. If you get stuck the help section and videos are excellent. You can also access Airtable Universe to see examples of how the product is used by others. I have submitted a number of queries by email and in each case the staff were very helpful and responded quickly. Given that I was using a free account at the time, I was very impressed. Given that I have used the product with very young children successfully, I think that it is extremely well designed.,They only thing I can think of is being able to switch between user accounts without having to log on and off. A personal request, would be to add shades of brown to the color palette. When working with the children, we color code field options for eyes and hair. The only children I can't do this for is brunettes with brown eyes. A small thing I know, but it would really help the younger children as it is a visual clue.,10,Zoho CRM,Microsoft 365 BusinessAirtable will take your business automation to the next level.We use Airtable for our clients. We optimize and automate business systems and processes using Airtable combined with Zapier. We use it to solve many problems including automatically generating dropbox links and automated emailing of them. As a database used to manage a clients members, their invoicing, stripe reconciling, automated emailing etc.,It has similar functionality to Google Sheets but allows you to do much more powerful data organizing. ie. Relationships between data (which DB devs will know all about but not spreadsheet users). eg. You have a list of students and a list of classes, you want to link those two lists together so you don't have to duplicate lots of data. Also, in terms of data organizing, the fields are a lot easier to customize and lock-in. Instead of using clunky data validation in sheets, Airtable allows you to select all kinds of different field types. Single select, multi-select, phone number, email address, collaborator, checkbox are ones we use regularly. Once paired with Zapier, Airtable's ability to power annoying manual data entry is fabulous! Using views you can trigger Zapier in all kinds of powerful ways.,Pricing per user could get painful. We tend to get around this for small setups by using a generic account. You can still setup up to three people with 2FA security on it fairly easily. We use Airtable with Zapier a lot and sometimes we have some issues with deduplication where a zap won't run because a record has appeared in a view that it's been in before... which is probably great most of the time but sometimes we have to switch the zap off and on to make it work again. ie. If you trigger a Zapier process from within Airtable and then want to trigger that same process the next day, it may not work as it looks like a duplicate. Unlike a "real" relational database Airtable doesn't have a back-end and a front-end, it's more like a "mid-end". This means you can't create a tidy, usable front end for non admins and you can't create granular account permissions. ie. Admin 1 can edit table 1. Admin 2 can edit Table 2. This is the biggest downfall and has been a problem for some of our clients where they need different views for different people with different levels of access. eg. Teacher, admin, student.,10,We've been able to increase the impact of our clients by decreasing their manual admin time. Clients are making less mistakes as more of their data is automatically updated. Creating filter views for reports and then embedding these in Google Sites is also reducing pain and increasing automation.,,Zapier, Trello, Google Drive, Xero, Toggl,Yes,Product Features Product Usability Third-party Reviews,Our selection process worked well.,No,8,No,I needed to set up a workflow for a client that automated some data processes, Airtable provided me with all the steps and example formulas across multiple views to get what I needed.,Filters, sorting, grouping data. A lot more useful and practical than spreadsheets,Formulas are quite painful compared to Google Sheets which highlights which set of brackets you're working within and gives more feedback on whether you've written the formula correctly. Sometimes, I have to build the formula in Google Sheets first to copy across.,Yes,9Highly capable data and project management that’s great for teams.We use Airtable across our entire organization to manage inventory, organize product lists, project management, and for upload templates for some of our other services. It has helped us reduce the number of versions of files being emailed between us, and the integrations with other services have allowed us to reduce our workflow and run reports more efficiently.,Different views of information allow for a comprehensive understanding Built-in templates make quick work of some small business tasks Integrations with 3rd party software fit into our existing workflow,There is a learning curve, and several new features are only available on paid plans. Certain tasks that people may be familiar with in Excel or Google Sheets do not function similarly in Airtable Some views are not available on mobile devices which may leave you waiting to see information.,8,Increased collaboration among team members Reduction of file redundancy and version confusion Increased transparency with project management,Google Drive and Smartsheet,Slack, ecomdash, Adobe Illustrator CCAirtable - almost for every needAirtable is, in our Company, used across the whole organization. Mostly for content creation, website development and as a simple finance database. We're using Airtable for almost everything. Right now, we're actively working with 11 bases. Thanks to Airtable, we were able to create a content creation team with all the necessary processes such as project planning and tracking, assigning, and retrospective analytics, with a little help from Power BI. As a finance database, we are using Airtable also as a client database. So thanks to the "Link to another record" function we can link invoice items to invoices, and invoices to the correct client or Supplier. With that and a strong API that allows us to connect Power BI directly to Airtable, we also have real-time analytics about all of these.,Fast and easy to use with pretty UX. And for those who have a question, there is very simple but strong help center Real-time collaboration with many people and change history Integration with many apps via Zapier and API with documentation with examples Allows us to link records to create a logical structure of many tables. Many sample templates are ready to use or just provide inspiration Real-time is a universal tool that everyone can customize for personal use Also in the big base, each user can filter and customize their personal view. So everyone can view only the data and structure that they want.,No way to link one table from one base to another table in another base :/ Because of permissions, we need 1 table with restricted access to a few people. But some data we need to be used on a company-wide base. For example, one base with suppliers and CRM, another base for project management. We would appreciate more granular permission, but it is in progress,10,It helped us to start managing our projects and our team efficiently. A simple table with all the data we needed, assigned tasks etc. So we could deliver more in shorter time.,Microsoft 365 Business, TogglObsessed with Airtable. Recommend to EVERYONE.I use Airtable professionally and personally for the following uses: 1. Planning my wedding 2. Managing to do items 3. Content calendar for clients 4. Hours tracking and invoicing 5. Lead Tracking I'm such a fan of Airtable that 3 of my clients have implemented it in their organizations after my recommendation. It is great for collaboration between clients and coworkers, or friends and family.,Uploading files to cells - this is so much better than a spreadsheet! Sorting by multi-functions Color coding for ease of reading and sorting Ease of sharing for collaborators,The color scheme isn't very appealing The "blocks" are unclear as to their usage,10,It has had a very positive return. It has saved hours for myself personally. It has made a great impression on clients who appreciate transparency and organization. It has lead to fewer mistakes.,Google Charts,PyCharm, HubSpot CRM, TweetDeck
Airtable

Airtable Reviews

Airtable
Filter 227 vetted Airtable reviews and ratings

Shirley Hickey profile photo
January 15, 2019

Airtable Review: "Practically Perfect in Every Way!"

• The website is very well laid out. It is uncluttered, easy to navigate, and is highly visual. There are a great range of field types and add-on blocks.
  • Setting up bases is very straightforward. If you get stuck the help section and videos are excellent. You can also access Airtable Universe to see examples of how the product is used by others.
  • I have submitted a number of queries by email and in each case the staff were very helpful and responded quickly. Given that I was using a free account at the time, I was very impressed.
  • Given that I have used the product with very young children successfully, I think that it is extremely well designed.
  • They only thing I can think of is being able to switch between user accounts without having to log on and off.
  • A personal request, would be to add shades of brown to the color palette. When working with the children, we color code field options for eyes and hair. The only children I can't do this for is brunettes with brown eyes. A small thing I know, but it would really help the younger children as it is a visual clue.
As mentioned previously, I currently developing an Airtable base to track student data and other teaching resource inventory. The children create year group databases. All of which work very well. I haven't encountered any issues or unsuitability thus far.
Read Shirley Hickey's full review
Malcolm Colman-Shearer profile photo
January 06, 2019

Review: "Airtable will take your business automation to the next level."

• It has similar functionality to Google Sheets but allows you to do much more powerful data organizing. ie. Relationships between data (which DB devs will know all about but not spreadsheet users). eg. You have a list of students and a list of classes, you want to link those two lists together so you don't have to duplicate lots of data.
  • Also, in terms of data organizing, the fields are a lot easier to customize and lock-in. Instead of using clunky data validation in sheets, Airtable allows you to select all kinds of different field types. Single select, multi-select, phone number, email address, collaborator, checkbox are ones we use regularly.
  • Once paired with Zapier, Airtable's ability to power annoying manual data entry is fabulous! Using views you can trigger Zapier in all kinds of powerful ways.
  • Pricing per user could get painful. We tend to get around this for small setups by using a generic account. You can still setup up to three people with 2FA security on it fairly easily.
  • We use Airtable with Zapier a lot and sometimes we have some issues with deduplication where a zap won't run because a record has appeared in a view that it's been in before... which is probably great most of the time but sometimes we have to switch the zap off and on to make it work again. ie. If you trigger a Zapier process from within Airtable and then want to trigger that same process the next day, it may not work as it looks like a duplicate.
  • Unlike a "real" relational database Airtable doesn't have a back-end and a front-end, it's more like a "mid-end". This means you can't create a tidy, usable front end for non admins and you can't create granular account permissions. ie. Admin 1 can edit table 1. Admin 2 can edit Table 2. This is the biggest downfall and has been a problem for some of our clients where they need different views for different people with different levels of access. eg. Teacher, admin, student.
  • Well suited: A startup looking to develop a web app should really start in Airtable and make sure you know what you're doing with data and processes and integrations before scaling up.
  • Well suited: If your spreadsheet is getting out of hand due to the volume and types of data in it, might be time to look at Airtable.
  • Well suited: If you're using a spreadsheet like a database.
  • Well suited: You've got lots of business systems across different web apps and need to integrate/automate a few of them. Airtable is good as a central hub, especially if you're dealing with customer records.
  • Not so well suited: You want to quickly collect some data and aren't worried about automation. Easier to start in a sheet.
  • Not so well suited: You want to capture customer interactions from email. Probably easier to just get a simple CRM.
Read Malcolm Colman-Shearer's full review
Sander Kallshian profile photo
January 18, 2019

Airtable Review: "Highly capable data and project management that’s great for teams."

• Different views of information allow for a comprehensive understanding
  • Built-in templates make quick work of some small business tasks
  • Integrations with 3rd party software fit into our existing workflow
  • There is a learning curve, and several new features are only available on paid plans.
  • Certain tasks that people may be familiar with in Excel or Google Sheets do not function similarly in Airtable
  • Some views are not available on mobile devices which may leave you waiting to see information.
Airtable does a great job of letting you compile and sort your information, whether it be contacts, projects, products, or raw data. Choosing from different views can make large amounts of information much more manageable. Airtable may have too much functionality if you’re just looking for a spreadsheet solution. Some spreadsheet tasks work differently in Airtable because of the way it relates information in its database and due to integrations. There are also many instances where you might feel like it takes too many clicks/taps to find or edit the information you have.
Read Sander Kallshian's full review
Václav Vařílek profile photo
January 02, 2019

User Review: "Airtable - almost for every need"

• Fast and easy to use with pretty UX. And for those who have a question, there is very simple but strong help center
  • Real-time collaboration with many people and change history
  • Integration with many apps via Zapier and API with documentation with examples
  • Allows us to link records to create a logical structure of many tables.
  • Many sample templates are ready to use or just provide inspiration
  • Real-time is a universal tool that everyone can customize for personal use
  • Also in the big base, each user can filter and customize their personal view. So everyone can view only the data and structure that they want.
  • No way to link one table from one base to another table in another base :/
  • Because of permissions, we need 1 table with restricted access to a few people. But some data we need to be used on a company-wide base. For example, one base with suppliers and CRM, another base for project management.
  • We would appreciate more granular permission, but it is in progress
To be honest, I don't know of an inappropriate scenario. Airtable is a very universal solution.
Airtable works very well in cases that you want to do project management, or simple CRM, or item evidence etc.
Airtable is a simple web database with some functions like Excel.
I know that for a new user it can be too difficult for first use. But after a few minutes, everyone can start thinking about use cases and start to use Airtable for almost everything.
Read Václav Vařílek's full review
Vina Rathbone profile photo
December 28, 2018

Review: "Obsessed with Airtable. Recommend to EVERYONE."

I use Airtable professionally and personally for the following uses:

1. Planning my wedding
2. Managing to do items
3. Content calendar for clients
4. Hours tracking and invoicing
5. Lead Tracking

• Uploading files to cells - this is so much better than a spreadsheet!
  • Sorting by multi-functions
  • Color coding for ease of reading and sorting
  • Ease of sharing for collaborators
  • The color scheme isn't very appealing
  • The "blocks" are unclear as to their usage
Event planning, collaborative spreadsheets, data sorting and collecting, media planning, CRM, Lead Generation, or sales templates are some of the cases that Airtable can be used for. It is an extremely customizable spreadsheet-type software that can be made to fulfill any purpose. It is a big improvement on a spreadsheet for project management purposes, but not for financial purposes.
Read Vina Rathbone's full review
John Whelan profile photo
December 22, 2018

Airtable Review: "A platform that can be a central part of your organization"

We use Airtable across the organization and also within different departments. We use Airtable for CRM (Customer Research Management), general bookkeeping, project and task management. We also use it for timekeeping; we create online forms and have stakeholders submit relevant information. We manage our social media calendar, general calendar, and list of events in Airtable. We have eliminated many apps and now conduct the related work in Airtable.
  • Filters and grouping of Data. Airtable has many options to filter and group data and it could be done so quickly and presented very cleary.
  • A different view of the same database. Airtable allows the user to create views such as 'Gallery', 'Kanban' 'Calendar' and 'Grid' view of the same database. Many versions of each view can be created thus saving time and resources duplicating data. These views can be then shared with stakeholders.
  • Templates - Airtable provides many templates to allow new and experienced users a ready-made platform to work off.
  • Bookkeeping, while there are many options for bookkeeping it's still not as straightforward as more well-known spreadsheet platforms. Improvements here would allow companies to export their basic bookkeeping to Airtable.
  • Integrations. Airtable is lacking in integrations. Having more integrations would enable Airtable to become an even stronger database for organizations.
  • Organization. When a base has a large number of tabs it's hard to get a helicopter view of the tabs. Although the search is pretty good.
Airtable is fantastic for managing information either on a small or a large scale. If you need to access data and get results quickly, Airtable is a great option. We also use it for CRM and task management among other tasks. While there are better CRMs and task management systems out there, having them all in one platform makes us work more efficiently.
Read John Whelan's full review
terri smith-caronia profile photo
November 24, 2018

Review: "I am thrilled to be a part of the Airtable community!!"

Thank you, Airtable! We are a small, start-up nonprofit that relies on volunteers to help us accomplish our mission. Right now we are in the process of building our infrastructure and choosing the right tools to help us do this is important to us. Good, effective and intuitive databases are critical to the work of impactful community mobilization and information sharing. Airtable fits this bill. And I tested this! I had a few folks that really did not understand the structure of a database to try to create a simple Airtable database with 14 fields and 51 records. More importantly, I asked them to create this database WITHOUT using the help desk but by GUESSING only. Folks were able to build the bones of the database. I, of course, swooped in to figure out how to add pictures, create the drop-down boxes and make links and I was able to do this without asking for "help" but by clicking onto the icons that made the most sense.

I am thrilled that I found and tried out Airtable! And now I am more thrilled that I am now a part of the Airtable community!

• It has a really great UI. It is friendly enough for users that may find databases somewhat daunting but robust enough for folks like me that have intermediary database skills.
  • I like the way that you make the content of drop-down boxes look like colorful tagging.
  • It is very easy to add pictures and other types of attachments.
  • Making the database relational by linking fields is pretty simple.
  • I am still in my trial phase so some of my wishes (I will not consider these "cons", yet) may already exist in the more advanced plans but I would like to be able to wrap the text in the fields within the default Grid View.
  • I think that all of the plans should give some the ability to change the font, font size and formatting of the text within a field.
  • The calendar feature was a little quirky. And as far as I can tell, it does not allow me to put several items in on specific dates.
Databases are critical to the work of community organizing. Being able to build a database of community members, groups, and organizations and then to track the contact you have had with folks important to our work. It is terrific to be able to track meeting attendance by linking fields. Also, it is very helpful that the vendor has created a mobile app that can sync across devices and platforms. And once I figure out the calendar feature, I can use this to set up appointments.
Read terri smith-caronia's full review
Wayne Olson profile photo
November 09, 2018

Review: "Airtable to Run a Real Estate Brokerage"

I am using Airtable as the central database to run my business: as a CRM, to manage my sales pipeline, to manage my transaction pipeline, and to manage most if not all of my prospecting efforts.
  • Database management
  • Relational record keeping
  • Tracking any and all information
  • Being able to export Airtable data as merge fields would be amazing, much in the same way you can export PDFs via the page designer block.
In its current state, Airtable is well suited to run many aspects of a real estate business. However, the caveat is that it takes a fair amount of customization (and familiarity with writing formulas to produce data just the way you need it) as well as deep integration with Zapier in order to connect other services to it.
Read Wayne Olson's full review
Pam Renovato profile photo
September 10, 2018

User Review: "Usability and uses of Airtable"

We use Airtable across the whole organization. Further, we continue to find new ways to implement new bases. It's an integral part of our martech stack.
  • Social media planning
  • Content marketing tracking and development
  • Inventory
  • CRM
  • I would like to see the different views, such as gallery view and calendar view, available on mobile
  • I would appreciate the option to resize the thumbnails from image uploads
  • It would be amazing to have readable attachments
  • Have more files be readable within Airtable, such as PDFs or Office files
I'm always thrilled at the new uses we continue to find for Airtable. The app excels at project management. We're currently using a base to track a stories project. Further, it's invaluable for tracking as a CRM or influencer marketing. One area where I wish for improvement is the IFTTT and Zapier integrations. It's a little clunky and misses at times.
Read Pam Renovato's full review
Chloe Sayers profile photo
August 05, 2018

Review: "Airtable: The Last Database You'll Ever Need"

Airtable is currently used only by my department; however, I use it in my freelancing work as well to support clients' needs in many ways. It addresses the need for a robust database to track A/R interactions and to ensure that no past due invoices fall through the cracks. Airtable's easy to set up controls make it highly customizable.
  • Extremely user-friendly interface
  • Great integrations with other cloud software
  • Cross-references and linking between different records
  • I would love to see linking between work spaces or bases - this would allow for more functionality at an enterprise level.
  • The new block functions are great, but are only available on paid versions. It would be greater to have a lite version of the blocks in the free version.
  • Without a previous knowledge of coding, some of the functions can be confusing.
Airtable is great as a personal organizer and particularly excels at project tracking for marketing related fields - such as social media calendars, content calendars, ad planning and tracking, and metrics reporting. It also works well for integrating with e-mail providers to track interactions and calculate next steps. This is particularly useful in an accounts receivable tracking scenario, as well as for CRM applications.
Read Chloe Sayers's full review
Robbin Block profile photo
July 20, 2018

Airtable Review: "Incredibly User Friendly Software will Make You a Database Diva"

Airtable is used in many ways for my whole organization and for working with clients. It's an amazing and user-friendly tool which we use in any number of ways including:

1. To-do lists
  2. Marketing campaign management
  3. Media contacts lists
  4. Website asset management
  5. SEO evaluation checklists
  6. Website valuation checklists

• Marries an Excel-type spreadsheet with database functionality, making it the very easiest way to create a database that I've experienced.
  • The user interface is wonderful and so intuitive. It's a joy to use.
  • It's highly customizable and flexible, so you can do any number of things with it.
  • Hard to say what's missing, but maybe some top-level admin -- so databases can be organized by large groups (like business vs. personal) rather than just workgroups?
  • Maybe some tools built on top for things like asset management?
Any kind of lists, campaigns, checklists, asset management, onboarding forms, etc as I enumerated in my Use case.
Read Robbin Block's full review
September 10, 2018

User Review: "Catch some Airtable"

Our marketing department uses Airtable to build content calendars for clients. We also use various templates within the software to manage retainer accounts, monitor capacity, and plan content for months ahead at a time.
  • Color coding various types of content makes it easy to see, at a glance, what is coming up for marketing initiatives.
  • Airtable has amazing templates built out to help you get started quickly.
  • If you don’t want to use a template, you have the freedom to customize the template for exactly what you need.
  • We are able to store user personas, keywords, types of content, etc. and access it all in one view.
  • It would be really helpful if Airtable had a stronger “onboarding” or “how-to-use” when sharing the table to a client or other user.
Airtable has completely replaced our need for other softwares that stored information. We can build out content for months at a time and reference it all in one place rather than using something like Google Drive where we’d have to have tons of tabs open at once.

While it’s a great planning tool, it isn’t necessarily built for storing large pieces of content.
July 31, 2018

Review: "Airtable: Free version offers more than expected!"

We use Airtable to keep information for all of our contacts in order. We have various connections for the programs that we run, and Airtable helps us keep them straight and categorize based on our relationship (in this situation, companies we work with to place our students in internships, companies we visit with our students, alumni of our program, etc.) It's great for linking records so that we can see where there is overlap.
  • Linking records
  • Clean design
  • Easy to categorize cells ($, #, email, phone, etc.)
  • Would be great to link bases together
  • Mobile app - smooth scrolling makes it easy to accidentally delete records
Airtable is great for keeping your contacts organized. However, the more complex your Rolodex is, the more difficult it may be to contain all the information you have in an extremely organized way. It also has a very easy to use mobile app, which is extremely helpful when you use it to contain information that you need to access on the go.
Juliet Sternberg profile photo
May 04, 2018

Airtable Review: "Airttable--great option for not for profits without a huge tech department!"

We are a tiny not-for-profit (2 social workers) obviously without a full tech department to support us. When we decided to upgrade from MS Access, we knew that we needed something simple to use, bug-free, dynamic, able to be used across a variety of devices and platforms and providing all of the necessary data on the people we serve, the organizations we collaborate with, and our own volunteers in a clean, concise, easily navigable, easily editable format. Airtable has proven perfect for all of these needs. And to be able to edit in real time with people viewing the same screen from different locations is an added bonus. The only downside--it is so good we entered so much information that we had to upgrade pretty quickly! But our experience of using it this far leaves us convinced that the added cost will be worth it.
  • very intuitive and simple to use
  • bug-free
  • we are able to formulate it for our needs instead of fitting into someone else's idea of what we need
  • usable across multiple platforms and devices--desktops, laptops, iphones.
  • editing in real time, and several viewers viewing screens from remote locations
  • entering a single record seems to have to be done across several screens. Perhaps just the way we did it, but would be easier if it were all done on one screen
  • can't figure out how to "hide" a record once one of the people we are visiting dies. We don't want to delete the record, just hide it from the primary view.
  • eventually, it would be great to be able to integrate into Gmail--eg to hit the email address and have that transfer to an email...but perhaps not possible without permission from google...
Any sort of database--keeping records of all of our volunteers, recipients, organizations, etc
Read Juliet Sternberg's full review
Chris Chinn profile photo
May 04, 2018

Airtable Review: "Flexible application for a non-profit"

Like many organizations, we badly abuse Excel as a tabular data entry and storage system for so much of the administration work that falls outside the core systems we can afford to support. Airtable is helping us manage the work pipeline of various teams, online and backed up in ways we could not have previously hoped for. Importantly while addressing these things at a relatively low cost we have a flexible solution to other opportunities and problems we hope to address with Airtable in the future.
  • All the hard work of trying to build a solution in Excel is done for you. You can create links to simple mobile-friendly forms and datasheets and it builds input forms automatically that can then be easily customized.
  • The relationships across tables are robust and deal with changes to fields and tables without the need for intervention or maintenance (like a proper database).
  • Initial set up and use require a minimal set of IT skills. Coming with an array of pre-built templates and the ability to import your existing spreadsheet and customize and fine tune it from there into a database
  • They don't contact me every day trying to sell their product (probably because they don't have to).
  • A little more customisation of the forms would be fantastic. The interface is simple and helps avoid making problems for yourself, but being able to take out some of the white space and select different fonts or show basic formatting would be a good addition. But such is Airtable I am likely to find out with the right knowledge you can.
  • Not being able to connect "Bases" together. This can be addressed by building all tables you need in to one base and remembering you can always export the data out somewhere else if you need this level of integration.
  • If you are a larger or growing organisation, Airtables flexibility and ease at replacing spreadsheets needs to be managed (or you could replace your uncontrolled Excel addiction with an Airtable one).
Good for replacing administrative spreadsheets, creating resource assignment and calendars, planning activities, creating on the fly data stores, outputting simple mobile data entry forms. Dealing with mobile staff needing to enter simple data quickly or with managers and officers who need to see real-time snapshots of information.

When dealing with smaller data sets and not requiring blocks, then for a non-profit it is useful to have the free workspaces where everyone can fully collaborate and update records.

Less good for complex financial work you should stick with Excel or your finance system. If you have a very large number of records and need many people to be able to update records then you need to consider the costs (however most off the shelf products you will be looking at to do your specific tasks will probably cost more when you evaluate them).
Read Chris Chinn's full review
Juan Matute profile photo
May 01, 2018

Airtable Review: "Easy to learn to onboard your entire team - yet powerful"

We're using Airtable for knowledge, process, and records management as our research center grows to include more proposals, projects, people, publications, and presentations. A relational database management system allows us to keep track of the relationships between each of these with up-to-date records. University and funding agency guidelines expect us to retain records for reporting and we had been doing this in Google Drive, particularly Google Sheets. As we scaled up, records in Google Sheets became less manageable as new records were added that weren't properly linked. Airtable allows us to structure fields and relationships but is as easy to use or easier to use than Google Sheets.
  • Great user experience and minimal learning curve. It wasn't until I became aware of Airtable that we found a solution that allows us to implement the best features of a collaborative RDBMS with our staff who don't have any training. I had previously used Zoho Creator and found that it was difficult to onboard new users because of a steeper learning curve.
  • Easy to share views and invite contributions via forms.
  • Blocks add significant functionality that would be hard to custom build.
  • I'd really like to be able to link records or a view between bases within my workspace.
  • The form designer is not as featured as we're used to with Google Forms.
  • I'm using the Airtable Importer by Railsware to bring Airtable data into Google Sheets. Import from Google sheets would be a great feature.
Many business processes can be improved with a collaborative relational database, but few know how to create and use one. It wasn't until I became aware of Airtable that we found a solution that allows us to implement the best features of a collaborative RDBMS with our staff who don't have any training. I had previously used Zoho Creator and found that it was difficult to onboard new users because of a steeper learning curve. The combination of a minimal learning curve and features make Airtable a win. I've already recommended it to colleagues at other universities who've started using it.
Read Juan Matute's full review
Andy Havens profile photo
April 26, 2018

Review: "Enjoying Airtable as we're learning its strengths"

The content marketing group is using Airtable to help plan communications projects. I needed a way to track multiple projects that might share some common elements but not all, and the ability to apply different views based on user or reporting needs.
  • It's very easy to use. I was able to start from scratch and get a pretty complex workflow set up in just a couple hours.
  • The ability to create one "master table" with every piece of possible information is good for the "deep dive" members of the team, but then it's easy to create views and calendars based on just a few pieces of data that are better for one specific use or person.
  • Being able to store draft content on the system as attachments means that the review copy/image can be included in the workflow rather than as a separate email or in another tracking system.
  • The ability to quickly group, sort and filter on the master table make it easy for the power-users to work with the full set of information, but still find a specific project quickly.
  • It would be great to have multi-tiered selection options. So if I check a box-like, "Does this need social support?" I could then pick from a multi-select drop-down based on the choice.
  • It would be good if we could have a kanban view built off a selection from a multi-select since some projects might be part of multiple strategic initiatives.
  • It would be cool if forms could have some basic if/then functionality. As it is, we need to create different forms for different media requests that share 75% of the same data.
I'd say if you're looking to consolidate project details across a number of functions where there's a lot of overlap, Airtable is a great choice. We've got a relatively small team of content creators and project managers, but we are often involved in a wide variety of media, content types and deliverables. So it helps to be able to put every activity on one master spreadsheet, but then be able to pull out views that pull out only select pieces of info for specific projects or strategies. The ability to search across fields means you can also use hashtags for folks who want to be able to locate their work using person-specific queues that don't need to be agreed-upon as part of the overall design of the table.

I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for a content repository specifically or a DAM. It could do that in a very limited sense, but not if you're wanting to store large graphic or video assets. Also, as far as I can tell, you can't publish directly to social accounts from Airtable. So you'll still need to port your content directly to your social accounts or a platform manager like Social Studio.
Read Andy Havens's full review
Dana Luco profile photo
April 19, 2018

Review: "Airtable is helping our small nonprofit grow"

DEF is using Airtable to keep track of several things: Sales pipeline, event management, donor contributions, and program management. I use and manage Airtable and provide reports to staff as necessary.
  • The ease of the relational database capabilities are key for keeping tracking of how our contacts, partners, donors, and event attendees are all related.
  • The map block feature is great for when we're on the road visiting partners.
  • The custom views are extremely helpful for viewing the most important information quickly.
  • As a nonprofit, the reduced prices are also greatly appreciated so we can put more funds towards the youth we serve rather than into infrastructure.
  • Of HUGE importance is the care and feeding I've received from customer support. I ask a question and get a response within 24 hours and the response is personalized and makes sense. The conversation with a single representative is such a relief and makes it so much easier for me to be productive.
  • I suspect that the technology integrations with other apps, using Zapier or otherwise, will become more and more important to us - we're working on getting PayPal payment completions to populate our event attendee lists right now!
  • I can't actually think of any road blocks or insufficiencies yet!
I hope to manage everything in our business through Airtable. I'm not sure of the extent of the formula capabilities but I'm excited to learn my options there. The consolidation of all our data so far has been of great value to keep us organized and productive. The fact that we don't have to be IT geniuses is of enormous benefit because relying too much on outside IT help becomes messy - we need stability and ease of use in our technology, which Airtable has given us so far.
Read Dana Luco's full review
Seth Cochran profile photo
April 17, 2018

Airtable Review: "Easy for anyone to use, hugely powerful for those who dig in"

We have just finished testing Airtable and are now rolling it out across the whole organization. This tool seems like a major game changer. It's VERY easy for anyone to use, but has extreme functionality built into it. Sometimes, you see a powerful tool that is too difficult for people to use, so you never get the full power. But with Airtable, it seems as applicable and approachable as Excel, but with outrageously deeper functionality. We are using it in everything from managing donor leads and project planning to detailing needs assessments done at African hospitals and sequence development actions.
  • Extremely easy for low tech people to pick up and use. It feels intuitive and there are lots of examples that make it easy to learn.
  • The blocks make some pretty sophisticated stuff possible, even for people who lack a tech or database background.
  • Its a replacement for lead/case management, project management, and file storage - all in one!
  • The trial period should be a bit longer. I wanted to test it before I rolled it out to my team. Just after I felt comfortable and started to share, the trial period ended.
  • Shorter videos. I think there are great resources available and I really think that is a strength, but if I had to suggest something, it would be to make more short videos to give technical how-tos.
It's VERY easy to use and VERY powerful. Honestly feels like a big leap in productivity tools. Airtable just feels like magic and seems to address many of the weaknesses of other great tools all at once. I have started to use it across all of Operation Fistula's work, but also across my client's work too!
Read Seth Cochran's full review
Sherry Raeder profile photo
April 14, 2018

Review: "Drowning in data? Check out Airtable... your data (and team) will thank you!!"

Airtable is currently being used by our Operations Team as our CRM. As a small non-profit with a matching small budget, we quickly realized the limitations of what was available to us with CRM options. Off the shelf products didn't offer the customization we needed. The customizable bigger solutions were just that, too big for our needs, and often with a big price tag. We'd resorted to using Excel spreadsheets; not a bad solution for us, but a very limited one. Then came Airtable! After watching a few video tutorials, exploring the available templates, and getting inspired by what other users were sharing in the "Airtable Universe" we were quick to realize it would be a very viable solution to our CRM needs. We started with a seamless export of our Excel data into Airtable and started building everything we needed in a system from there. We were impressively up and running a CRM and rolling it out to the Operations Team in a couple of days.
  • Airtable is easy to use. It has an intuitive interface and plenty of video/help support for what is not.
  • It makes not only organizing your data efficient, but connects that data to everyone on your team in one centralized database. I love that multiple people can be editing the same records at the same time, and Airtable captures it all in real time!
  • Easy to link data between tables. This makes a lot of information available to users with just a few keystrokes - which makes the frustration of hunting down information a thing of the past.
  • Really appreciate being able to use Zapier to connect Airtable to several of our other systems that house data - MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, Quickbooks to name a few.
  • Being able to change the data views is one of the bigger fan favorites on our team, whether it is in Grid, Gallery, or Kanban, to grouping and sorting by Field Type. There is something for everyone's needs there.
  • I can see where being able to connect several bases together within one workspace would be beneficial. Currently, we've created a lot of tables within one CRM base, and in doing so has made it a bit overwhelming (visually) for some of our users. Limits flexibility a bit.
  • The app for the iPhone is solid. The Android app needs some work/an update.
  • The formula functionality between cells is a bit limited (not the depth of say, MSExcel) and not intuitive for all of our user base.
  • The ability to create charts through the "Blocks" options is a great idea, but very limited in it's initial debut. Looking for more features (pie charts, series labels, dual axes, etc.) to be able to create more dynamic charts in the future.
  • I've gotten a browser warning or two about Airtable being "resource heavy." Time will tell if that becomes an issue.
We haven't being using Airtable for long, so where it is best-suited for us may yet to be seen, although we are thrilled with what we have been able to do in building a CRM in such a small amount of time. I can see us quickly starting to think about a donor management base next. It appears to have a LOT of flexibility with what you can do with your data - your resources (time/$/staff) to do so may be your only limit.
Read Sherry Raeder's full review
Sarah Jones profile photo
April 13, 2018

User Review: "Airtable changed my life"

We use Airtable to manage an Australia-wide pilot program. Through Airtable we manage the students and schools participating in the pilot, as well as robot assets, media and publicity, and our tasks. It also allows us to keep track of qualitative data that is important for monitoring and evaluation.
Airtable's dynamic database functionality allows us to rapidly update and adapt our information. We are able to manage multiple things in one place - assets, participants, tasks, media opportunities - and interlink records. This means that we have a complete, up to date data set in one place. The flexibility of being able to add and adjust fields as you go is excellent. Our Airtable workspace has evolved with us and with the emerging needs of our pilot program.
  • Links between different tables. This is one of the best features if you're managing things that are linked to other things, which nearly everything is!
  • You can add fields, change fields, remove fields, whenever you want. It's an adaptable, dynamic database. You don't get stuck with a structure that doesn't work for you-you just change it.
  • You can view records in different views e.g. as a grid, form, calendar. This is so handy. When I'm collecting data about a new participant in our program I open up a new record as a form and fill it out like that. At other times I need to see them all as a list or group of different criteria and I can do all of that with the click of a button.
  • You can send out forms and the data goes straight back into your Airtable workspace. So handy and makes data collection and management easy.
  • Grouping, filtering. This is so handy for viewing where tasks or participants are up to in the process.
  • We are relatively new to Airtable and are still exploring its functionality. We've also just been using a free account which has some limits but paid plans have features that could be handy. So far, we're just thrilled at how it's streamlined our workflow and information management.
I recommend Airtable to everyone!
It helps manage:
  1. Assets
  2. Tasks
  3. People
If you're involved in any of those, I'd highly recommend it.
Read Sarah Jones's full review
James Shafstall profile photo
April 10, 2018

Review: "Airtable: Featherweight Champion of the World!"

Airtable is used by just about everyone in our company. We in marketing use it most extensively - we use it like a CRM to manage our organizations and contacts, a content management system to manage our ad and PR placements, and a budget management system. We are also planning to use it to manage our photos this summer. We are a non-profit so this system is an excellent all-around tool. Maybe not ideal for things like photo management but truthfully it doesn't seem that far off. It is ideal for many things because it's small and easy to use - a regular CRM (Salesforce or other) install would be costly and resource intensive, as would the other types of software we'd need to do everything this is doing. This is doing the job perfectly for our small organization. In my previous job I set up and managed databases for clients so that's why I am blown away by Airtable. It's power comes in its simplicity and flexibility. It really is an amazing tool. And you can take it quite far with the free version of it before you even need to decide whether to spend money on it.
  • One thing Airtable's power comes from is the fact that you can relate databases to each other. So you can have one table for your organizations that you work with, and another separate table for the contacts within those organizations, and then tie them together individually. After doing so it is very easy to jump between the contacts and their organizations profiles, and switch as contact to a different organization instantly. Very powerful when you have multiple contacts within single organizations, or any type of multiple data points that are linked to the same record.
  • Another thing that makes Airtable powerful is the views. You can filter, sort, and group a big table to show only the things you want to see at a particular time - but then save that view, and many other views, for later use. That way you can switch between different views of the same data on a continual basis, easily and quickly. Or different people can have different filters and sorts and different columns showing on the same table without interfering with each other.
  • I think this thing has huge potential for us to manage our photos. We take over 10,000 photos a year and Airtable has the capability of easily loading, tagging and sorting them. It even has history and you could store edited versions of each photo within each original photo's profile. However - the ability to view these photos as thumbnails of different sizes, gallery style, is very limited. So that's a big additional feature I'd like to see, some optimization to use this as a photo management system.
  • If you include numbers into a table, automagically from another table via the rollup or lookup features, then you cannot use those numbers as part of a formula in a subsequent field. This turned out to be a major limiting factor on my using it as a budget manager. (Luckily I came up with a workaround but it makes me add additional columns to the table that add a bit of otherwise unnecessary clutter.)
I think Airtable is ideal for any medium-sized organization to manage contacts and organizations (like a CRM function), content marketing efforts, advertising and PR schedules, events, and perhaps marketing assets (still testing this on our end). I would be interested to see how it would perform managing a medium-sized product database, say a thousand products. I suspect it could do a pretty good job, however I can't speak to it's ability to connect to external systems like to feed a website. My first plan for managing my organization's needs was to install Salesforce as we can get the software for free as a non-profit. After using Airtable, I would encourage anyone to try Airtable first before trying something more complex. Two reasons: A) it's free to try and there is very little setup required before you start getting real use out of it; and B) even if you don't ultimately use it as your main system it is an ideal tool for designing what your data schema is going to look like. But I think many people will be pleasantly surprised to find that they don't need to graduate to a "bigger" system. I suppose where Airtable may not be appropriate would be with a huge organization with tens to hundreds of people managing the data. You would then want something where you can lock down and control more of the inputs on a user group level.
Read James Shafstall's full review
Max Stevenson profile photo
April 10, 2018

Review: "Enhanced and Flexible Programming and Event Management with AirTable"

AirTable is currently being used by myself and four other team members. With a small team of five managing a growing non-profit organization, AirTable has been a welcome addition to helping us manage the countless programs, events, exhibitions, and marketing that we oversee. It has allowed me, personally, to stay on top of various programming and rental requests, in addition to managing tasks with planning our exhibitions, without feeling overwhelmed or like I am "dropping the ball."
  • Organization: Helps keep the various programs and rentals, along with all contact information, notes, and budgeting requests in line.
  • Task Management: Easy to share documents with both team members and outside contacts, such as board members and volunteers, to assign and keep track of tasks related to the various programs, events, and exhibits we host. Also helps keep track of priority of these tasks.
  • Flexible: Only having used the product for a few weeks, AirTable has proven to be a very flexible platform to use and adapt to our various needs. I am already looking forward to learning about the deeper functionality of the program and how we can adapt it for our use.
  • This, perhaps, is a function I have yet to explore, but as I need to upload photos into AirTable for use in planning exhibitions it would be nice when exporting AirTable documents that these photos would be exported in the Excel document spreadsheet as well.
Highly recommended if you oversee various tasks such as programming, event, and exhibition management. We are currently planning our annual gala and it is becoming a tool that we are looking forward to using in future planning.
Read Max Stevenson's full review
Ana Nelson profile photo
April 10, 2018

Review: "Airtable is the Excel replacement of this developer's dreams."

We are using Airtable as a database back-end while we prototype new operating systems to run our nonprofit, which includes 2 improvised theatre performances every week year-round, a busy improv school with new classes starting every week, and a corporate training program. My first impression was that we'd use Airtable until we needed to move to a "real" database, but now I'm not seeing any reason to leave. As a developer, I appreciate not having to build authentication or basic CRUD functionality and being able to provide any customized business logic or reporting that I need via scripts which operate against Airtable's comprehensive and self-documenting API. As a manager, I appreciate the version history and audit trail that is automatically provided. Airtable provides a perfect blend of user-friendly front-end that is approachable for staff accustomed to working with spreadsheets and a robust back-end that provides rigorous data typing and validation. One minor gripe is that I would prefer if forms had a little more flexibility for updating existing records, instead of just generating new ones.
  • Airtable has robust API access with a self-documenting API. It's vital for us to be able to access our data via an API and it's easy to do all the operations we need using an open source Python client library.
  • Airtable has robust column definitions and the ability to create formulas, lookups, and rollups so data integrity can be guaranteed.
  • Airtable handles user access and authentication and provides all the 'interface' elements of a database system so we can focus on writing business logic.
  • Forms can only create new records, not update existing records with additional information.
  • Forms do not make use of 'default' values when creating new records.
  • 'Default' values are limited to certain field types.
Airtable is very well suited to prototyping, gathering data, and doing simple operations with it. It does not have strong data analytics capabilities, although it's possible this will be made available via their new Blocks. It is less suitable for situations requiring high performance and more advanced SQL features, for example, it is not possible to bulk-update multiple rows, and doing this one row at a time is slow.
Read Ana Nelson's full review
Jayme Kreitinger profile photo
April 10, 2018

Review: "Airtable keeps my team productive and happy!"

At CCIS, we use Airtable across the whole of our organization. We track our communications and member engagement outreach, social media, plan our annual conference, manage intern schedules, and even track our strategic planning and goals throughout the year.
  • We love using Airtable as a CMS! The relational aspect and linking to other tabs makes it easy for different employees to use the same data sets for a variety of reasons without any particular tab or view getting to cluttered for use.
  • We use Airtable to plan our annual conference, from the logo design to sponsorship opportunities to coffee breaks! The variety in field options and flexibility of the database allow us to do all the planning necessary with just one web app.
  • The polls feature is a great way to hold electronic votes, whether it's our members or the board. All records are then tracked in the same base as the initiative or project, making it easy to reference when needed.
  • I have the same three people on several teams as a way to break up the bases. It's a lot to have one team with 20 bases, so we break them up into much smaller groups. Then when it comes to paying, I have to add them all back into the one paid group or I'm double, triple paying for the same people. Very frustrating to not have sub-folders or sub-categories within each team.
Airtable is great for non-profits or small organizations that need one application to do a lot of different things. It's visual, which means employees are more likely to enjoy engaging with it and the user interface is easy! You can keep it simple, or take a few minutes to learn tutorials for more complex and cooler features. For example, as a membership organization we use one base for all our work with members. We have a main base on the first tab and link it to several other tabs to track information such as if membership invoices were sent and received, when our last communication was with that member, contacts and addresses, and more. If we update the main base with a new contact, it's automatically updated in all the other tabs so we don't have to worry about updating the information is several places.
Read Jayme Kreitinger's full review

Task Management (136)
Resource Management (130)
Gantt Charts (45)
Scheduling (111)
Workflow Automation (91)
Team Collaboration (148)
Support for Agile Methodology (65)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (43)
Document Management (114)
Email integration (72)
Mobile Access (135)
Timesheet Tracking (57)
Change request and Case Management (66)
Budget and Expense Management (81)

About Airtable

Airtable is a collaboration platform designed to empower 30,000+ companies for content pipelines, product management, events planning, user research, and more.

The vendor’s value proposition is with the friendly interface, customizable grid, calendar, form, and stacked card views, and a fully flexible structure, Airtable empowers users to build workflows that work the way they want.

Airtable Features

Has featureBudget and Expense Management
Professional Services Automation Features
Does not have featureQuotes/estimates
Does not have featureInvoicing
Does not have featureProject & financial reporting
Does not have featureIntegration with accounting software

Airtable Screenshots