Airtable for Tracking Tasks and Projects

Task Management (187)

Resource Management (182)

Mobile Access (180)

Plus

per month (billed annually)

Pro

per month (billed annually)

Enterprise

Contact Sales

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://airtable.com/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $10 per month

Project Management

What is Airtable?

Airtable is a collaboration platform designed to empower 30,000+ companies for content pipelines, product management, events planning, user research, and more.

The vendor’s value proposition is with the friendly interface, customizable grid, calendar, form, and stacked card views, and a fully flexible structure, Airtable empowers users to build workflows that work the way they want.

Airtable Features

Airtable Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android

Alternatives

What is Airtable?

Airtable is a project management and collaboration platform designed to enable content pipelines, product management, events planning, user research, and more. It combines spreadsheet,database, calendar, and kanban functionality within one platform.

How much does Airtable cost?

Airtable starts at $10.

What is Airtable's best feature?

Reviewers rate Team Collaboration highest, with a score of 8.9.

Who uses Airtable?

The most common users of Airtable are from Small Businesses and the Non-profit Organization Management industry.

December 08, 2021

As good as you make it

Caleb Fortune | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've used Airtable to both manage a multistage workflow with 10+ contractors as well as accept and track tasks in a larger corporate environment. This spanned both desktop and mobile usage. The multistage use required an easy to no training approach to remain effective with revolving contractors and even covered some basic reimbursement tracking needs. The corporate environment needed an ability to provide visibility across the company to project statuses, which was easily possible using their iframe embedding feature.
  • Managing rows as items
  • Flexible setup that gets the most out of the tool
  • Intuitive integrations
  • Logical behavior (Functions behave as expected)
  • Just works
  • Can get spendy
  • More features before paywall
  • More mobile functionality
Airtable is very well suited for a niche environment that finds other project tracking or collaborative tools to be limiting. The ability to build out a single pool of information to best suit each team member's visual or functional needs is amazing. While the setup time can be lengthy, depending on your particular needs, it is really worth it when it's finally ready.
I use Airtable to track and manage my design projects. It allows me to stay on top of my assignments, and at a glance I can view the status of all of my current projects. Using Airtable helps prevent important tasks from falling through the cracks.
  • I can create tables, create and customize fields
  • Airtable has capabilities commonly found in spreadsheet applications, but also has some of the features found in databases.
  • The ability to filter fields. I set up a filter on the status field, so when a project is marked, complete, on hold, or canceled, that record is hidden from my current projects table view. If it is marked complete, the record is moved to the completed projects table view. In this way I can easily access a record of past projects
  • Being able to duplicate tables and create alternate views
  • Collapse and expand records. When I collapse the rows, I can easily scan current projects, next steps, project status, and due dates. When I expand the row, or field, I can see more detailed information about that field or record very easily. I can also expand or open the entire record. This is is helpful, when I am entering a lot of information to multiple fields in that record.
  • Changing font color | I wish Airtable had this feature, this would be incredibly helpful. I often have a long lists of projects and tasks. When I have a high priority project, it would be great to mark that project name in orange or red text or another standout color, so I don't lose sight of it.
  • Credit Program | Airtable has a credit referral program, that awards you with credits toward upgrades within the application. A credit that you could also use outside of the application would be better.
  • Workspace Appearance | You can change and customize the workspace appearance and change the dashboard color. There are some preset colors you could choose, but it would be great if they added a color picker, where you could pick a custom color or select a color with a hex value to match your organization's colors or just your own preferences.
If you want to view your projects and tasks in a list view and have some database functionality, then Airtable is great for that. If you like to work in tiles and drag tasks or projects into different columns as the status changes, then Airtable may not work for you.
Specific departments at my company use Airtable for project management, participation tracking, employee data, and more. Airtable helps us track data in a shareable, trackable, aesthetic way, and offers much more user-friendly options for filtering and tracking compared to Excel or Google Sheets.
  • Filtering and grouping data.
  • Offering customized views for the data you want and need to track.
  • Allowing you to embed Airtable data in other places.
  • Tracking detailed changes from yourself and other users
  • Easier in-product user-tutorials to help users perform different functions
Well suited:
  • Tracking data
  • Analyzing data
  • Organizing and sharing data
Less suited
  • For working with one-time or limited data.
  • Smaller organizations that don't track much information.
We mainly use Airtable for project management, sprint planning, and a request intake process.
  • Very easy to use.
  • Nice interface.
  • Easy to configure.
  • Add features e.g. creating inbound email replacing forms.
  • Improve automation as it's a little clunky.
Great tool for project management for small teams. For larger teams/orgs you may want something more comprehensive with greater functionality.
Ryan Dury | TrustRadius Reviewer
Airtable is a professionally designed tool that really gives a true sense of handling the projects on large scale. I am using Airtable not only for managing the projects but also I am aligning the upcoming projects by having detailed insight into my schedule, it is turning our company towards success. This tool has helped to carry out the estimation of my projects so that I give my customers the most reliable solution and of course it is based on what amount of time I am investing on each project against what my client is paying me.
  • This application has made it easier for us to achieve our monthly targets.
  • Airtable also updates me through the transparent and most current status of my ongoing projects thus I can easily manage the workforce handling and deadlines.
  • With the use of Airtable, I am capable of building a better project execution plan with the mutual concern of my team members.
  • This application has helped me to a great extent for working on remote basis.
  • While working on the Airtable I have noticed that it is not open to uploading of the files for large sizes, most of the time files are not uploaded or links may get broken.
  • In addition, they do not talk much about the time tracking tool and how we can calculate our hours, I still do it with just estimation and by the calendar.
[Airtable] is highly recommended for project handling. Airtable also opens the door towards sales and marketing as it is integrated with so many social platforms. This application will give you freedom of working. Its integrations with Dropbox and Google Drive will help you to easily drag and drop the data.
Christopher Cantrall | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use [Airtable] for almost any business process you can imagine. It’s our primary working database, our CRM, our scheduling tool, our performance tracker. You name it, we run it in Airtable.

Airtable helps us as a small business since we can’t always justify a bespoke solution. Instead, we can come up with creative solutions in Airtable without having to hire someone to build a custom tool.
  • Customization
  • Data linking
  • Intuitive UI
  • Data display
  • More formulas
  • Better data visualization
Airtable is my single favorite business tool. It does require some creative thinking, however. It will not magically provide a solution by itself, and you need to work with it. But it is by far the easiest way for someone without a deep technical background to establish a basic relational database.
Ronald Wright | TrustRadius Reviewer
Airtable is a unique database service in that it can be used to extend logging operations for projects that require it. Airtable data sheets can be managed in a shared way with other employees, but they can be separated to compare the results of each one, and that the work remains orderly even if there are several documents with the same name. Airtable has a good service, but it goes much further by offering online training sessions, where the hosts explain in detail how certain parts of the software work, and answer any questions that arise. Using Airtable to manage the databases of our department was undoubtedly a wise economic decision, because thanks to how easy it has been to use the work has increased and has improved its quality when creating annotations in the data tables or creating copies of these.
  • Airtable provides an activity flowchart where you can note all the updates of the planning of each project to be launched soon.
  • The platform has quality control functions, which are executed before starting to release the projects under publication.
  • Databases that are imported from services such as Excel can have any size of extension.
  • Airtable does not integrate with collaboration services with which it is possible to review live changes within each spreadsheet (in the case of keeping them closed).
  • Does not automate analysis traffic.
  • It does not include any section where it is possible to communicate with the other editors.
It integrates well with many online payment administration services, so it is very feasible to use Airtable to create reports of payments and disbursements carried out during the project. It is good for creating documents from scratch, which would help in the organization and management of reports. It is recommended to work with files in a shared way.
Ryan Blaise | TrustRadius Reviewer
Airtable is currently being used in the organization to enhance project control by combining relational database structure and a spreadsheet format and further extending its functionality beyond project management to allowing the organization execute a variety of initiatives. It is a central system functioning as a typical spreadsheet where teams organize their ideas, projects and keep records of all the content.
  • Eliminates duplication of data during entry and links records between tables
  • Acts as a channel for communication between team members via tagged comments enhancing collaboration
  • Mobile app facilitate working while on the go and all changes are synced across team member devices keeping everyone updated
  • Most of the advanced features are available only if you purchase the pro plan
  • The functionality of this system does not include accounting features
  • It may not be cheap especially for small teams.
Airtable is well suited for creating product roadmaps, content calendars, planning events among others. Teams use the WYSIWYG editor to create interactive interfaces and a host of layouts such as charts, timelines and time trackers while allowing them to connect via video chat or communicate through group messages. It is the easiest to understand database solution and that is less intimidating to new users.
Adam Montgomery | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Airtable to manage our entire sales process, from tracking above the funnel leads, all the way to closing a deal. Their are several handoffs from sales to operations that need to take place in our sales process, and we have found Airtable to be the best tool to manage the workflow. It has been a valuable resource to us and has provided us with insight to how our customers move through the sales process.
  • There are some really strong pre-made templates, especially in the sales offerings (CRM, Pipeline).
  • It is so simple to add photos, documents, and multimedia, to spreadsheets (this is a feature that our team loves).
  • The collaboration features allow our departments to easily work together and better manage our teamwork.
  • The Advanced features seem a little intimidating and we haven't found easy ways to integrate them into our workflow. For example, my team does not use the app features, like scripting, page designer, chart, and pivot table, mainly due to the fact that we are not accustomed to using tools like these in our day-to-day workflows.
  • Copy and pasting from Excel files (and also exporting to Excel) can at times be a pain. When trying to copy and paste data from Excel to Airtable, the data can sometimes be displayed differently. Occasionally, we have to manipulate the data a little after it has been pasted to Airtable to make it appear as it did in Excel.
  • There have been some complaints on the performance and layout of the mobile version. Many of the desktop views that my team prefers are not available on the IOS app so we are not as familiar with the layout and navigation of the mobile version.
Airtable is an incredibly powerful tool for basic spreadsheet tasks used in your departments, especially if those spreadsheets are being shared and used by multiple departments. It's a better designed spreadsheet, [compared to] what Excel and Google Sheets offers. [It] has multiple view options so that each team can see the data in the way that makes the most sense for their team.
Dylan DeClerck | TrustRadius Reviewer
AirTable is being used across our organization to keep track of and collect stakeholder information and data that's imperative for the operation of our organization. It provides us with the detailed information we need to make smart programming and business decisions.
  • Direct connection from forms to database
  • Easy to learn and use
  • Great for small organizations who are looking to grow
  • Data doesn't work well with our Google Suite products
  • Not sure when to use different bases and different sheets within one base
  • Social sharing isn't as customizable and shows up with AirTable branding
Works well for organizations who do not have the time or funds to implement a full-scale database system and are looking for an easy transition from Google sheets or Excel documents that allows them to handle more complex situations and datasets. It isn't as appropriate for those organizations who don't have 1,000+ contacts or rows that they need to keep track of all at once.
Jason Vance | TrustRadius Reviewer
Airtable is used in almost every aspect of our business. It's like the glue for all the missing pieces we always seem to be looking for. I use it as a CRM for personal and business. I use it to track and rate my cigars. It's used as an intake tool for new clients. We store all our email templates so they are easily sorted and found. It's used to manage our podcasts, ideas, roadmaps, tools we use, wishlists, and some expense tracking.
  • It lets me see my data how I want to see it. I can create different views and sort them in almost every way imaginable.
  • I can test ideas out quickly there in a simple roadmap type setup.
  • There are 100's maybe 1000's of templates prebuilt to use, but it can also come blank to create your own. So if you're stuck, you can find what you need.
  • It's a great tool to build other tools. As an example, we used it as a CRM while looking and testing others. It ended up that we just use Airtable now.
  • It's not cheap if you're using the premium with a team. You can do so much without the premium it's not worth it to have your whole team on the paid plan.
  • Sometimes I wish it acted a little more like Google Sheets. Though it has the capabilities it's still not a spreadsheet.
  • I would like to see it cleaned up on mobile. It's ok, but I don't like using it on my phone.
Airtable can solve a lot of problems in a simple way. Project management, CRM, poadmaps, cataloguing, staff calendars, client intake, inventory, etc. I think it's best when you are small and just starting out wanting to save some money. It can be used for a lot of things that make paying for it worth it. When it doesn't work is when you want really complicated solutions that you will need to find a specific solution for your needs.
May 17, 2021

Airtable Review

Emily Sperduto | TrustRadius Reviewer
Airtable is mainly used across my Account Management Department for the organization. We use it to keep track of all RFP's that come in from sales, status updates, revenue, wins/losses, etc. We also use it to keep track of reservations for homepage takeovers, newsletters, etc. It is also a great way to keep track of PTO and vacation days.
  • Great organization tool for project management.
  • Variety of customizations.
  • Very use friendly, especially on mobile.
  • There is limited options on the free version.
  • Big learning curve for beginners.
Airtable is extremely helpful for teams to stay organized and keep track of project management—both internal and external. It's a great alternative to Excel when you are constantly making changes and are concerned about working off of the wrong version.
Lorrie Fisher | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is interesting that with Airtable we can cover all those features of database customization that we can not even touch with other software allegedly based also on tables, but with Airtable we can elevate the management much more by varying between main databases (which we choose at our discretion) to add several kinds of tables. With this system of creation and customization of data tables that Airtable has, we can cover the information in many ways.
  • The adaptability of Airtable in terms of working with mobile devices is something very positive since it basically lets you view the complete tables from any phone.
  • Thanks to the low requirements of the platform and the flexibility of the format of the documents that we export from it, it is possible to work with all types of information.
  • We really like having enough checkboxes to mark data inputs and outputs, as they make the work of creating annotations very easy.
  • The management in Airtable is surprisingly limited in terms of the number of entries that the platform allows [adding] for each table, which in terms of length of documents makes it a bad option.
  • Compared to services such as Microsoft Excel, where the capacity is greater, the 1200 boxes within Airtable documents end up being too few to work [within] large operations.
We recommend implementing Airtable to be able to better delimit the data coming from services such as Git hub, oriented to the development of projects of different branches of computer science. It seems to us that using Airtable to cover records is a much more viable option in the office area than any other spreadsheet service, it also has an excellent deployment to work from the web.
Our organization uses this tool as a collaborative space to share data. In our certain case, most of the data that goes in there is what we need to complete operationally throughout the year and also how we keep track of what gets done and managing our clients. It helps to keep us organized and accountable and assists us in working together.
  • Project management
  • Document storage
  • Forms
  • CRM
  • Task management
Airtable is not as good as a CRM or for task management, but to keep track of overall projects and to keep all of our data organized, it definitely works very well.
Airtable is being used to keep track of all of our deliverables that we need to complete for clients. It helps us store client information as well as what we need to do for them. The whole organization uses it, but it is especially important for our client services and operations team to make sure there is a smooth transition and communication between these two teams.
  • Organization
  • Storage
  • Automation
  • Security
  • Roles
  • Access
Well suited for storing information. Not as useful for a CRM even though they do recommend that it can be used by this. It does lack a lot of features as a CRM.
Lee'Ann Burgess | TrustRadius Reviewer
Airtable is a truly versatile platform. You can use it for business and personal use. Whether you want to create a content calendar and see your content in different views (grid, list, kanban...and calendar view) or create a personal monthly budget - it’s super easy to implement and use. We use Airtable for a few different reasons. We collaborate with clients using a shared link of which ever table we are working on. We use it a lot for content and organizing that content. Also, when we do social outreach, we leverage Airtable to help us keep everything organized. Just wanted to add that I love that there’s an app for this where you can access your tables from your phone.
  • Easy to use and implement.
  • Clean UI/UX.
  • Extremely versatile and you can also export to excel if needed.
  • I don’t have much to add here because I don’t have any other needs that this doesn’t provide.
  • Maybe if there was a version that was not only a web app since some organizations can not use this for compliance reasons since it is a web application.
  • I feel even the free version of this is extremely helpful and has many features.
I can give an example where this was very useful.
Working with a client that is in the medical field, they wanted to be able to view and adjust/approve posts before they were posted. Viewing the posts in kanban view, they could get a full overview of the graphic with the content in one main view. It was easy to move the posts to different dates on the calendar view and get a clear visual on which posts are being post and when.
Jeremy Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
We needed to find better duct-tape to model out and run a test on new business processes without spending money on writing an app or buying too much of the solution - essentially ETL with some reporting in the middle. We use it across the organization with ops, cx, and retail being able to stay in sync on a complicated process.
  • No code business process software.
  • Upgrade from google sheets.
  • Test app concepts without spending large amounts of cash.
  • Cost.
  • Can have a steep learning curve.
  • Sometimes not 100% reliable in production environments.
Appropriate:
  • Fast no-code solutions.
  • Gluing together multiple API-centric apps.
  • Building out lightweight databases to prove out ideas.
  • Replacing complex chains of Google Sheets.

Inappropriate:
  • Critical production environments.
  • Cost-sensitive orgs (much more expensive than Google Sheets).
Scott Kennedy | TrustRadius Reviewer
Airtable started as a nice way to log our "tickets" regarding business intelligence and analytics project requests. Aside from that, we started using Airtable to host images from our content department. Airtable is really just a clean, dead simple, database tool that end users love. Additionally, it has a really easy API backend if you want to make your Airtable have unique automated update functions happening.
  • The cost of Airtable is VERY reasonable on a per user basis.
  • The front end color choices are very nice (UX).
  • The backend API is very simple to use for developers.
  • Airtable could use some more formulas to let end users apply functions to their data easier.
  • I'd love some "out of the box" connectors between our cloud database and Airtable.
  • The billing cycles could be longer than monthly.
If you are looking at Airtable for what it is, a simple tool to manage records, then Airtable is perfect. Do not expect it to have a billion formulas like Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI, or Google Sheets. Assuming you know what you are really interested in using it for, then Airtable is a good database tool.
We use it to manage our budget, track expenses, and provide project financial details to our teams. We create our project reports through Airtable and use it to submit AP invoices to our accounting dept. Project teams also use it to manage other aspects of their projects from inventory to scheduling.
  • Sharing and distribution.
  • Privacy and security.
  • User friendly.
  • Editing and backtracking on mistakes.
  • Pasting from large Excel files.
  • Exporting to Excel.
It’s great for distribution of different filters of the same data via using different views. I can use one Airtable with a bunch of data and create views that are unique filters of the same data for different users and I can update just the base/master view and it automatically updates the others.
Airtable is being used by the Sales and Marketing department to track an overview of our best leads and sales data. It allows us to see where we should put more (or less) of our efforts in regards to leads.
  • More features than Sheets or Excel
  • Cloud-based
  • Customizable
  • Create an easier functionality for users who aren't good at math or coding.
Airtable is great for reporting and tracking numerical data.
Our marketing department uses Airtable to build content calendars for clients. We also use various templates within the software to manage retainer accounts, monitor capacity, and plan content for months ahead at a time.
  • Color coding various types of content makes it easy to see, at a glance, what is coming up for marketing initiatives.
  • Airtable has amazing templates built out to help you get started quickly.
  • If you don’t want to use a template, you have the freedom to customize the template for exactly what you need.
  • We are able to store user personas, keywords, types of content, etc. and access it all in one view.
  • It would be really helpful if Airtable had a stronger “onboarding” or “how-to-use” when sharing the table to a client or other user.
Airtable has completely replaced our need for other softwares that stored information. We can build out content for months at a time and reference it all in one place rather than using something like Google Drive where we’d have to have tons of tabs open at once. While it’s a great planning tool, it isn’t necessarily built for storing large pieces of content.
We use it as an informal CRM - currently, we use Salesforce as our main CRM across both the CS and Sales departments, but Airtable has made it easy to pull core customer details from Salesforce, while allowing our CS team have visibility on priorities and action items when it comes to the customer lifecycle.
  • Permissioning.
  • Project Management.
  • Customization.
  • Mobile experience.
  • Certain relation-dependent action between cells can be limiting.
  • Data fitting into each cell nicely for visibility (you'll have to expand certain fields to see all of the information).
Really great for any cross-departmental project planning/management. With its multiple view capabilities, it allows a lot of freedom as to how you want to see our data and what makes the most sense for your team. If your team is heavy on document editing, I wouldn't necessarily see it as a good use case (i.e. internal knowledge base/content management).
  • Online training
  • in-person training
Superb support from both the support and customer success team. They are very knowledgeable and also are reasonably prompt in providing resources and following up on our questions/concerns.
Yes, we upgraded and did not run into any hiccups/down time. The transition was smooth and our team made sure we were aware of any upcoming changes that might impact our day to day work.
I use Airtable to organize social media planning and general project organization within my business. I mostly use it myself, but can also share the tables with people within my business and we can work on them together. Honestly, I have been shifting over some projects from Airtable to Notion - Notion has a similar setup with the tables, but I find it more intuitive and has more features.
  • Organization.
  • Colour coding.
  • Ability to move items around/flexible.
  • Some of the best features are paid only (I would prefer to have access to all features as a free user, but have a limit on number of tables or people instead).
Airtable is well suited if tables is all you want to do. If you'd like to take notes and have different types of calendars/graphs, I would suggest Notion.
My Marketing department uses Airtable to schedule social media on a digital content calendar. We are new users to Airtable and have been using it for less than 6 months. In our social media scheduling, we use Airtable to determine platform, caption, hashtags, what group of our users the post targets, what photo will be used, the day the post will be made, the day the event is happening (if applicable), and any link that will be included with the post (if applicable.)
  • Calendar view
  • Customization/Versatility
  • Ease of use
  • Different views
  • Color coding (may be available on paid version)
For social media scheduling, I do like Airtable. Some direct compatibility to social media platforms or tools like Buffer or Hootsuite would be great, but I understand that Airtable is not designed exclusively for social media purposes. It works very well for our small Marketing department to plan out our social media weeks and months at a time.
We use Airtable to keep track of the deliverables that we need to complete for each one of our partners and the progress of each. We have many different tabs that relate back. We also at some points use this tool as a CRM of sorts. It helps us keep data organized in an interface that is easy to use.
  • Data storage.
  • Relationship management.
  • Easy interface.
  • Levels of access
  • Locking certain features for users
Very good for managing data as you would in a spreadsheet. It is basically a way better version of a spreadsheet with a much better interface. It is less good for use as a CRM, but it does work.