Overall Satisfaction with Slack
It is a communications tool that replaces email and is used by the web team as well as the intern team. Both streamline communications in those teams.
- Integrating outside software like Twitter, Google Drive, and Skype allow for sharing of files, tweets, and video communication right in the platform.
- The speed of communication eliminates the need for email and can reduce inbox clutter.
- Channels allow for varying conversations without interrupting other conversations.
- Better link embedding (similar to Facebook in a post) would be nice.
- So far, I have used a free subscription and been very satisfied with such a powerful tool.