Overall Satisfaction with Slack
Slack is being utilized by the entire company in order to make communication extremely easy and flow well. We have two offices in America, one in Orlando and one in Nashville. Both offices have employees that HAVE to work together in order for our company to be successful. Slack is an extremely easy and simply way to ensure that both offices are connected in a group chat as well as the option for one on one chat. The ability for all of our departments to be able to speak to each other regularly is extremely important to us and Slack does it very well.
- Slack has a rather strong file sharing program. There are better programs for sharing huge files, but sharing links, pictures exc. are extremely easy and fast.
- Slack's options for customized groups, one on one and full company messaging are paralleled by no other that I've found. Contacting who you need to and documenting it in such a quick manner is something my company values a whole lot.
- Every now and then Slack will throw a fit and disconnect randomly for no more than two minutes at a time. It's annoying, but it doesn't break the entire deal down considering it's short lived tantrum.
- Increased communication speed.
- Better file sharing abilities.
- Company morale. (One of our chats in the program is used just to chat, work or non-work related topics are all permitted)
In our company we create clothing for customers who are paying for not only a good quality, but a fast turn around time too. When a customer orders their shirts, they send in a graphic for the shirt to be made with. If it's a rough sketch then we send it over to our in house graphic designers and they format it. Once that's done we ensure that the customer is happy with the final design and then we push to print. This is typically a day long process. Keep in mind that our Customer Rep, Graphic designer and printers are ALL in different states. We use Slack exclusively to communicate during this process.