Global Customer Review
September 24, 2019
Global Customer Review
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with GEP SMART
We currently use GEP SMART P2P modules in North America and European commercial sites (one manufacturing site) and the sourcing module is used in NA, EU and IN. The spend module supports our sourcing team's annual savings goals and provides better visibility for strategy and budget management. The recent supplier portal enablement for our suppliers provides transparency, real-time updates, and more efficient invoice approval processes.
- The spend module supports our sourcing team's annual savings goals and provides better visibility for strategy and budget management.
- The recent supplier portal enablement for our suppliers provides transparency, real-time updates, and more efficient invoice approval processes.
- SMART modules allow for a great degree of customization and flexibility in processes.
- System slowness is a common complaint among users.
- Establish compliant e-invoicing capabilities in Europe.
- More mobile capabilities.
- More focus on AI innovations.
We are not currently utilizing the tool in this manner. We utilize a separate contracting module without a connection to the GEP SMART system. The e-sourcing module is being utilized as a stand-alone tool and we are unable to gain the benefits of having a unified source-to-pay platform with an uninterrupted workflow.
- With the supplier portal, we are able to gain efficiencies in our invoice processing times, increasing the likelihood of on-time payments
- GEP is dedicated to making the requested enhancements to the system.
- GEP customer engagement to conduct solution workshops with our teams has made a noticeable difference.
Internal feedback from our users is that GEP SMART has improved in ease of use through the recent upgrade. Areas of improvements have been identified to GEP and the response for these system enhancements has been positive.
The biggest change is the spend visibility for our sourcing and procurement teams. This increased visibility has proven to introduce efficiencies within strategy development, spend management and compliance.
A common complaint from our users is the system slowness. Our users often record their desktop to show the slowness of the documents to load. We have communicated the complaints to GEP numerous times and do not have a resolution. The accounts payable team finds the extensive time to load documents as a hindrance to their processing times.
- SAP ERP and Ariba Procurement
We selected GEP SMART for their ability to offer a full end-to-end integrated source-to-pay solution, pricing, and ease of use. There was an implementation series offered by GEP, as well as flexibility, customization, account management team dedication, and the overall service and support.
They are starting to expand in the direct procurement area and it would be good to see continued offerings in this area. The GEP supplier portal is a great way for suppliers to maintain visibility and increase efficiencies without an additional charge to the supplier. It has a high ease of use.