SolarWinds NPM Review 11 of 109
User Review: "SolarWinds NPM is the best"
https://www.trustradius.com/network-performance-monitoringSolarWinds Network Performance MonitorUnspecified8.6276101
Inamur rahman profile photo
January 10, 2019

User Review: "SolarWinds NPM is the best"

Score 10 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor

SolarWinds NPM is a great tool and I have been using this tool for the past 5 years in my project.

It is easy for me to monitor 14,500 sites on a single pane of glass and also observe the trend of MPLS traffic.

It was easy for me to pull the network bandwidth utilization reports and preset it to my director and other people in the leadership team, that was a huge plus.

• Pulling network utilization reports was piece of cake.
  • Monitoring all the sites on a single pane of glass is just Awesome!
  • I was able to pinpoint any lag or slowness issues on the network with the help of NPM tool.
  • Last I heard, SolarWinds NPM does not support MS Azure platform. It would be a huge plus if they can come up with some plan for this limitation.
  • Technical support process can be improved and can be more efficient.
  • Our new platform where we are using AUBA SDN does not support SNMP. It would be great to see if the NPM tool can fix that with ARUBA and the other vendors in our market.
No we have not used that feature.
Yes, we did. It was great for polling our gateways.
we did not have alerting system.
  • Positive: Good reporting tools and customizable reports.
  • Positive: Monitoring is very easy.
  • Negative: Did not have good experience with MS Azure cloud.
we use both tools but in a different way.

NPM is well suited for small organizations as well as large enterprises and integration is very easy.

I don't know where it is not suited but I would definitely not use it on MS Azure cloud as it is not supported.

SolarWinds NPM Feature Ratings