Honest Opinion of SolarWinds Virtualization Managerhttps://www.trustradius.com/virtualization-managementSolarWinds Virtualization ManagerUnspecified8.4761012018-10-05T15:28:25.703Z
October 05, 2018
Honest Opinion of SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
Score 5 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
We use it for our department to monitor the basic layer of our virtualization environment which happens be VMware.
- Basic summary of VM environment (Total VM's, status of VM's, and any critical alerts).
- Suggest recommendations about CPU or memory usage.
- Displays a clean and simple interface for the admin to look at.
- Perhaps more integration on apply recommendations from the console.
- Provide more of an insight as to where a storage performance issue is at.
It has had a slight impact on our organization. Simple monitoring of the VMware environment is not able to reduce downtime. The ability that is the most helpful is the alerting if a host goes down. This prompts us to look into the issue immediately instead of letting end users tell us something is down.
We have not used this capability. Our storage vendor has this capability built into their product which provides us the information we need for planning. I would not have the use for it to be configured in SolarWinds.
We have not used this feature at all in our environment.
Orion was overly complicated to set up and also needed a lot of fine tuning to get the product to work the way one needed it to work in their environment. SolarWinds was really simple to use and set up and provided the best visibility to all of the devices we needed to monitor on a single pane of glass.