Overall Satisfaction with Sophos Secure Email Gateways
Sophos is one of the many vendors we utilize and offer to clients for Antispam/Outbound Encryption, and other email services. The Secure Email Gateway provides mail services both inbound and outbound, including scanning and filtering/quarantining in both directions. The service also provides an attachment scoring and testing feature to test against threats before delivering potentially bad email to end users.
- Inbound email, scanning and filtering of email.
- Outbound email scanning, as well as encryption for secure transfer.
- The attachment scanning and sandboxing of files to test danger level.
- Other vendors services are a bit more streamlined for end users and their quarantine digests.
- Administration does not allow for quite as many settings as other vendors.
- A very good platform, and easy to scale for growing companies.
- Competitively priced, and no requirement on commitment.
- High level protection, and it can compete with any similar vendors.
Sophos is not head and shoulders above any of these competitors, as it's a very closely knit race. Security and email transmission security are one of the highest priorities out there in technology. The world is slowly moving forward, and all of these vendors are leading the pack to secure email transmission and prevent compromise. Sophos does a great job of scanning inbound and outbound email and protecting against threats.
Sophos holds its own with similar vendors for email protection. It has all of the standard features needed, and work well enough. Sophos protects against malware, as well as crypto loaded packages with attachment scanning. Any size company can get involved with Sophos, as they are competitively priced to similar vendors.