Overall Satisfaction with Splunk
We are a reseller of the product and for our customers we are solving problems from Security, operational intelligence, app development and big data problems.
- Splunk is great at correlation of data from multiple sources and allows access to critical information without giving access to servers or applications.
- Splunk is good at integration of data and information from multiple point tools. The ability to have a single pane of glass view in to the IT world is critical to most IT shops.
- Splunk has a flexible dashboard system built on simple xml. Most users of the product can easily create and manipulate their data into useful dashboards.
- Splunk is not particularly hard to understand or deploy. The only problem I've really run in to is the 3-6 month use case exhaustion. Customers will have Splunk to solve a particular problem then stop once that problem is fixed. The use cases are only limited to their imagination and can blossom in the right hands.
- Increased efficiency in the NOC.
- Reduction on app/dev lifecycles
- Reduction on MTTR on most outage scenarios
Loggly, LogLogic, AppSumo. Every one of these products have a scalability problem beyond the terabyte range and gets tremendously expensive in the long run keeping data in the cloud