- Tracking overall conversations.
- Allowing for conversation filtering throughout social networks.
- Allowing employees relevant to the social media conversation within the company to communicate.
- A more comprehensive analytical view of the conversation.
- Though I did not specifically work in the customer service portion of social listening for the company, I saw a huge positive impact on how the online customer service reps were able to address problems quickly and efficiently.
- I saw a positive impact on employee transparency as well, since every employee involved in the social media part of the company has their own Sprout Social ID (whether corporate or customer service) it is easy to communicate with one another regarding the overall picture at that moment.
- It also made working on group tasks easier, such as deciding a winner for a Twitter contest, etc. Using the ping feature where you could favorite a certain tweet and send it to another employee on the network saved both time and hassle.
I give the product this rating because I found it to be an invaluable tool for companies who have several "cooks in the kitchen" for social media use. It made tracking the conversation simple, and is user friendly enough to pick up rather quickly.
I would ask that colleague to first and think about what exactly they use their social conversation for. Do they run Twitter contests? Are they asking users to RT posts in order to win a prize? Sprout social is invaluable for that sort of conversation, so they should consider whether they'll be partaking in a lot of social endeavors where they are listening for specific conversation. I would also want them to consider the size of their company as well as the size of their social network. If they are approx. <5,000 Twitter followers (or something similar, depending on their in industry), the may not need the tool quite yet and can probably manage until they've grown a bit more. However, if they have the resources at their company, I would say then purchase the product regardless of size.