Sprout Social Reviews

September 10, 2020
Adrienne Hardin | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• The social listening capabilities do a great job of providing me with information I need from our target audiences.
  • Customer service is readily available, thorough, and considerate. When I call them with questions, I’ve gotten live people EVERY time, which is rare in the social media realm.
  • The option to shorten links and add photos directly in tweet drafts has helped not only workflow, but it also helps maintain a seamless aesthetic on our Twitter profile.
  • The ability to export calendars into PDFs and send them to campus partners has made workflow for campaigns so much better. I no longer have giant spreadsheets full of posts to send off to other departments for approval.
  • The dashboard is simple and easy to navigate.
  • Sprout calculates impressions and engagements differently than Facebook and Twitter do natively, so I’m unable to rely solely on the reports pulled from the platform.
  • Sprout’s Instagram integration didn’t suit our needs. Our audiences respond best to posts in real time, so there isn’t opportunity to schedule Instagram posts in advance. With recent privacy changes, I’m not able to like or comment on Instagram posts from Sprout either, so I’ve moved back to using Instagram natively.
  • The integration with LinkedIn company pages is weak; links don’t format correctly, so it’s easier to post natively.
  • Approvals and task assignments aren’t available with the entry-level subscription, and the cost of upgrading is similar to what I could get for a more robust tool like Falcon.
Read Adrienne Hardin's full review
April 01, 2020
Esmeralda López | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Possibility to see content by applying several filters: draft, need approval, platform, accounts, tags, campaigns, etc.
  • Different types of reports
  • Manage messages, open and assign tasks
  • The functions for social listening are not included with the standard license
  • We can't get reports by country or region
  • I think the interface is less friendly than other platforms I have seen
Read Esmeralda López's full review
January 06, 2020
Jenna Carpentier | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Analytics Reporting - Sprout Social does a nice job at providing robust analytics across all social media platforms. We use this to monitor our social media performance over a specified time period, including number of posts, increase in followers, and changes in engagements and link clinks.
  • Social Media Scheduling - Sprout Social is good for scheduling social media posts in advance. With the version we use, it also shows us what time we should schedule our posts based on the past performance of our previous posts.
  • Social Media Monitoring - Sprout Social does a good job at monitoring social media mentions and searching for posts containing certain specified keywords.
  • Sprout Social has room to improve with Instagram posting and media monitoring. It can be difficult to schedule Instagram posts in advance. However, this is something that every social media scheduling tool has issues with because it's a setting on Instagram's end that causes the problems.
  • We have noticed that some of our LinkedIn photos post strangely. They end up being a smaller, scaled down version of the image. If we go to LinkedIn and post the same exact photo directly, we do not have this problem.
  • Sprout Social could have more robust media monitoring for all of the platforms (with the exception of Twitter). Right now, mentions and keyword searches seem to mainly only bring up Twitter posts. I would like to see Facebook, LinkedIn, and even Instagram more involved with this.
Read Jenna Carpentier's full review
October 17, 2019
Todd Terwillegar, Content Marketing Certified | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Social Listening - It's great to see real time what people are saying about us and to us on the channels.
  • Responding directly within Sprout - It's great to be able to talk directly back on tweets or posts from within Sprout rather than having to go find the tweet and respond natively, saving time on my end.
  • Promotion - It's also great to have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram all in one place, making social promotion much easier too. You can also bulk schedule.
  • Listening is in chronological order, which is great for support requests real time, but it would be great to listen to specific keywords.
  • It would be great to be able to log specific feedback directly into Salesforce instead of copying and pasting feedback in from support issues.
Read Todd Terwillegar, Content Marketing Certified's full review
October 03, 2019
page V | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Visual reporting. Providing graphs and charts of data.
  • Publishing to some platforms (still working on development).
  • This is not a great platform for teams. Their basic $99 plan includes a single user, and charges quite a bit to add more.
  • This is not a great platform for agencies that have more than 5 accounts or less than 100 without paying a hefty price tag. Their deluxe plan is $149 for only 10 accounts. My team has access to more than 30 pages, and we'd have to disconnect a profile, then connect a new one, wait for it to load, and then produce a new report for our clients. It was too cumbersome to be effective.
  • Value overall. Other competitors are offering more users and the same amount of pages for less money.
  • Technical support. Our team spent about $2,500 with this company across 2 years - we published our final reports, made a single request for support with 3 different team members, and it was denied four times.
Read page V's full review
November 19, 2019
Alexis Ramsey | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Sprout Social has a mobile app that is pretty helpful when on the go. It's an easy way to get a snapshot to see if something is working, or if you need to alert a team member to edit/pull a post.
  • Analytics are easy to understand. The report graphics and insights are easy to comprehend and are client ready with little to no added context.
  • Campaign and social tracking setup is easy and does not take long to back load and populate.
  • When acquired in conjunction with other service offerings such as Meltwater's Engage platform, the use and necessity of this tool can get lost.
  • During the purchase of the software(s), it would have been helpful to do a deeper dive into Sprout's capabilities, instead of treating the "on-the-go" software like an after thought.
  • Android capabilities were lacking compared to iOS, so team members struggled to engage and use the software when they needed to.
Read Alexis Ramsey's full review
October 24, 2019
Meagan McKinnon | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Avoid collision: when you have more than one person watching/managing your social channels it's important to maintain a consistent voice in all posts/DMs and Sprout makes it easy to see if a colleague is already handling a particular issue so you can move onto the next.
  • Reporting: out of the box there's some really nice reports that show what day/time social channels are most popular for your brand and how many mentions/posts you've responded to.
  • Ingestion: get a constant stream of all your @mentions, DMs, wall posts, retweets, and hashtags— even keywords, and misspellings! Sprout ingests all of it in one place.
  • Clarity/UX: Sprout is pretty robust but that seems to create an issue for the UX in that the people in my org that use it are always asking "where can I find ___" and "how did you get to that screen?"
  • Granular reports: I would prefer is Sprout utilized a heat map (columns=days of the week, rows=hours of the day_ to highlight at-a-glance our busiest times for social channels.
Read Meagan McKinnon's full review
October 16, 2019
Nate Casimiro | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Measure your own social media data and analytics across most social channels.
  • If you are an agency, you can manage the social media publishing and reporting for other organizations.
  • After publishing ads first party, you can use the Smart Inbox feature to engage with comments on your ads (Facebook and Instagram)
  • Sprout Social can do quite a lot, but you will have to pony up for the higher tiers to access competitive analyses, automation and collaboration features.
  • For rich user-generated content functionality, you may need to double up and seek out an additional platform.
Read Nate Casimiro's full review
August 12, 2019
Kelcey Zacarese | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• A comprehensive overview of content analysis - with the ability to look month by month, week by week, etc.
  • Demographic breakdown in reporting.
  • Paid and organic metrics separated out.
  • Consistent engagement metrics across all social platforms (since they have engagement rate for Instagram and Facebook but not Twitter).
  • A section or tab where you can separate content that is organic and content that is paid.
  • Predictions on reach/growth dependent on your tracked metrics.
Read Kelcey Zacarese's full review
January 17, 2020

Pros and Cons

• Schedule, post and monitor social feeds.
  • Ability to track, analyze and post from a greater number of accounts. Other platforms I use only have Facebook and Twitter integration. Sprout Social has the ability to host more than that (Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.).
  • Great, simple and easy to use interface. I use a few different social platforms for clients, and I love how clean and uncomplicated Sprout Social is. Many of its competitors are not as
  • Data reporting and analysis.
  • Overall, more capabilities than other social platforms (chatbot creation, private messaging, Facebook page management and so on).
  • I think the task manager option has a lot of great potential, but as it is now, my team and I don't have much use for it. I'd like to see that a bit more built out as an additional project management tool.
January 08, 2020

Pros and Cons

• Schedule posts across multiple social media accounts and platforms.
  • View detailed analytics.
  • Certain social channels scale back exposure on social posts stemming from third-party platforms. This needs to be resolved to maximize effectiveness.
  • Mobile app lacks the full functionality of browser version.

Pros and Cons

• The reporting is one of Sprout Social's strongest features. It's very visual and easy to understand. Often I would just make a .pdf of the report and send them directly to my boss without any edits.
  • Scheduling posts is very easy. The mobile app works well with the desktop version and I'm able to go back and forth between the two.
  • The customer service is top-notch. I had monthly meetings with my rep and they were quite informative. She listened to any issues I brought up and worked diligently to provide a solution.
  • If I was logged in one on platform it meant I was logged out everywhere else. I have a desktop and a laptop that I occasionally took home. It can get a little frustrating having to constantly log back in.
  • The tiered pricing structure. My company has almost 200 social media accounts and we're aggressively growing. As we outgrew one tier into the next tier, the pricing naturally increased. While understandable, it was hard to justify the cost to my superiors.
  • A limited number of users - At my company, there were only two us that were admins to the platform. We wanted more but that would result in a price increase my department couldn't handle.

• Super easy to use
  • Scheduling future campaigns and posts
  • Consolidating all social media accounts in one place
  • Really wish there was an ability to create custom reports
  • Would like to be able to see if another team member is already responding to a customer
  • integration with CRM
November 07, 2019

• Easy to set-up.
  • Great benchmarking.
  • Good looking charts and reporting for presentations.
  • During a trial, there was a lot of automated outreach from the sales rep.
  • Hashtag analysis isn't great.

• Scheduling posts.
  • Post approvals.
  • Consolidating pages into one place.
  • You can't get posts approved by multiple people.
April 06, 2019
Sylvia Flores | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Monitor your audience's comments, an awesome as a customer service tool!
  • You can schedule Instagram posts and stories, which is a big deal for my direct-to-consumer clients who LIVE on Instagram.
  • The calendar and collaboration are really helpful in supporting OMNI-channel marketing efforts.
  • You cannot post gifs which seems ridiculous in this day and age where we do pretty much everything with gifs!
  • System failures: sometime a post will fail, but there is no clear reason as to why it occurred. These should be error-free, unless the Social platform, such as Facebook, for example, is experiencing an outage. Then, there should be a notification in Sprout.
  • You can't tag pages in Facebook posts: for clients looking to tag partners, for example.
  • Drafts don't stick around if you don't schedule them.
  • The price, even for the standard version, can be steep for bootstrapped startups.
Read Sylvia Flores's full review
June 12, 2019

Pros and Cons

• You can share posts across social media channels. So you can take one post, select FB, LI, and Twitter for example, and then customize it for each. Pretty easy to do that.
  • You can choose if you want someone to "approve" the post before it goes into the queue. If someone has that power, it makes it easy for them to have control over what's posted.
  • You can repeat posts that performed well. To see how posts did, you can pull a report. Then you can choose to re-use that post. You can customize it or just set it up to go again.
  • I struggled even after lengthy conversations with the support team to use the images that were posted with a client's blog posts. That was a major issue. It took a lot of extra time to select images to go with the posts. Never solved that issue.
  • They have a queue—can't remember what it's called—that you're supposed to be able to load with posts that you want to repeat at various times each month. This was difficult to use. Again, in spite of asking for support's help, we couldn't figure out how to use it effectively.
  • It does a lot, maybe TOO much. It's a little overwhelming. They probably need to do more training to help you understand how to utilize all the features. It's too complicated and may be overkill for many.
February 07, 2019

• Organized
  • Thorough in analysis
  • Expansive
  • I suppose it could be a little more simple to use for those who aren't familiar with platforms like this
February 12, 2019

• Monthly Reports.
  • Perfect customer service.
  • Scheduling social media posts.
  • Pricey compared to other platforms.
  • There are some capabilities that are hard to find and figure out how to use.
  • The interface is not user-friendly.
January 18, 2019
Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA, MSc in Digital Marketing | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• The scheduling tool is super good! It is very easy to use.
  • It has a solution for all sizes of companies.
  • It’s good for monitoring and engaging.
  • I don’t really like the analytics that they have.
  • The insights could be much better. In this scenario, Socialbakers is much better.
Read Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA, MSc in Digital Marketing's full review
December 15, 2017
Stephanie MacMillan | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Creating and scheduling posts across a multitude of platforms.
  • Discovering content through RSS feeds and account feeds
  • Discovering potential profiles to follow and manage your following/followers.
  • Browser compatibility. I use chrome and sometimes the page doesn't fit properly or it gets stuck and won't refresh.
  • The way the pop-ups for scheduling work. Sometimes they look deformed or don't fit on the screen of my full sized laptop. It's odd the way they pop out and don't function properly.
  • The app has a long way to go. It's getting better with every up date, but I wish it was as user-friendly as the website.
Read Stephanie MacMillan's full review
March 23, 2018
Daniela Belevan | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Reporting made easy - Fast and easy reports and analytics. It makes our life simpler because it helps us show our clients the reports, especially the clients who don't understand social media or how it works. We enjoy using Spout Social for scheduling as well as analytics reports.
  • Social media management/Scheduling - My team and I love how simple it is to manage our client's social media account. We really appreciate that we are able to schedule posts for multiple accounts from one single interface, even if we want them to say the same thing. Scheduling social media posts makes our life much easier.
  • Great tools - The platform is user friendly and easy to understand. We've learned that Spout Social offers tools we didn't even know we needed or existed.
  • The interface is user friendly once you get used to it. But in the beginning, it may be a bit confusing to use. I had some issues at first but then I was able to use it faster and more efficiently.
  • There is a lot going on in the platform, it's very busy, and sometimes I forget about all the tools available. Sometimes the amount of tools can be a bit overwhelming. Especially for someone who is just starting to use the platform.
  • The cost can be a bit pricey, especially for a new agency or small business.
Read Daniela Belevan's full review
December 18, 2017
April Muller | TrustRadius Reviewer

Pros and Cons

• Drag and drop scheduling. The queue is a great feature allowing you to auto-schedule posts at optimal times, and it's easy to rearrange posts at will.
  • Identification: Sprout color codes Twitter accounts according to their followers so you can quickly see message that may have high influence.
  • User interface is clean and easy to comprehend, not too busy.
  • Price is high, it took a very long time to get approval for my usage. They seem to be leaning toward larger companies and leaving the smaller users behind.
  • Customization: There are some tools that are designed for specific use cases (i.e. "tag this message for Sales") My use does not involve sales so I would like to be able to change the label but cannot currently do so.
  • "Viralpost" feature isn't well-explained, the times scheduled seem to always be the same so it leaves you to wonder if it's really doing what it says it's doing.
Read April Muller's full review
December 20, 2018

Pros and Cons

• Quick ramp up (very user-friendly)
  • Powerful reporting and trend identification tools
  • Location-based hashtag searches
  • Brand monitoring
  • The cost was too high for us - I couldn't sell it to the CEO to build into our marketing budget
  • Missing Pinterest and YouTube integration at the time, so this limited us in terms of visually sharing different forms of media across all of our social channels
  • No LinkedIn Group publishing ability - this was big for us as we had at least two active LI Groups at the time that we wanted to nurture and grow.
  • Dashboard didn't show everything all in one place, and I liked that about Hootsuite's social media management tool. Having the ability to see our entire digital, social footprint in one place was helpful to us at our early stage.

Boolean keyword searches (23)
Filtering out noise/spam (27)
Sentiment analysis (8)
Broad channel coverage (13)
Content planning and scheduling (33)
Audience targeting (30)
Content optimization (28)
Workflow management (30)
Automated routing and prioritization (12)
Customer interaction histories (33)
Bulk actions (28)
Lead generation (22)
Content marketing (22)
Paid media management (3)
6.2
Campaigns and promotions (4)
Twitter (33)
Facebook (35)
LinkedIn (29)
Google+ (14)
5.3
Instagram (26)
Pinterest (4)
YouTube (1)
Campaign success analytics (33)
Real-time tracking (34)
Competitor analysis (26)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (32)
Mobile access (30)

What is Sprout Social?

Sprout Social provides social media management, marketing, customer care, data and intelligence, and employee advocacy solutions for leading brands and agencies, including Ticketmaster, Chipotle, Grubhub, Subaru, Zendesk and many more. Sprout’s platform is designed with ease of use in mind, simplifying social publishing, engagement, reviews, analytics and listening for our customers. By providing customer success and technical support, Sprout is committed to delivering consistent value to all users. The vendor states that any organization, regardless of size or industry, can count on dedicated onboarding and quick implementation to realize value faster and minimize business disruption. Sprout invites potential customer to experience what they describe as award-winning service and industry-leading time to value with a free 30-day trial at sproutsocial.com.

Sprout Social Features

Listening/monitoring Features

Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Has featureSentiment analysis
Has featureBroad channel coverage

Publishing Features

Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management

Engagement Features

Has featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories

Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis

Account management Features

Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access

Sprout Social Screenshots

Sprout Social Video

What is Sprout Social? An Overview of the Social Media Management Tool Sprout Social is a powerful social media management tool for businesses looking to communicate, analyze and manage their social channels with ease. Through a single stream all-in-one platform, you stay organized with data that drives your business. Discover what Sprout Social can do for you. Sign up for a free 30-day trial here: http://sproutsocial.com/

Sprout Social Integrations

Sprout Social Competitors

Hootsuite, Falcon.io, Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Sprinklr Modern Engagement (formerly Social + Messaging Suite)

Sprout Social Pricing