Sprout Social Reviews

Jenna Carpentier | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 06, 2020

Sprout Social - Good Value for our Organization

Pros and Cons

• Analytics Reporting - Sprout Social does a nice job at providing robust analytics across all social media platforms. We use this to monitor our social media performance over a specified time period, including number of posts, increase in followers, and changes in engagements and link clinks.
  • Social Media Scheduling - Sprout Social is good for scheduling social media posts in advance. With the version we use, it also shows us what time we should schedule our posts based on the past performance of our previous posts.
  • Social Media Monitoring - Sprout Social does a good job at monitoring social media mentions and searching for posts containing certain specified keywords.
  • Sprout Social has room to improve with Instagram posting and media monitoring. It can be difficult to schedule Instagram posts in advance. However, this is something that every social media scheduling tool has issues with because it's a setting on Instagram's end that causes the problems.
  • We have noticed that some of our LinkedIn photos post strangely. They end up being a smaller, scaled down version of the image. If we go to LinkedIn and post the same exact photo directly, we do not have this problem.
  • Sprout Social could have more robust media monitoring for all of the platforms (with the exception of Twitter). Right now, mentions and keyword searches seem to mainly only bring up Twitter posts. I would like to see Facebook, LinkedIn, and even Instagram more involved with this.
Read Jenna Carpentier's full review
Esmeralda López | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 01, 2020

Good options for different users across the world

Pros and Cons

• Possibility to see content by applying several filters: draft, need approval, platform, accounts, tags, campaigns, etc.
  • Different types of reports
  • Manage messages, open and assign tasks
  • The functions for social listening are not included with the standard license
  • We can't get reports by country or region
  • I think the interface is less friendly than other platforms I have seen
Read Esmeralda López's full review
Todd Terwillegar, Content Marketing Certified | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 17, 2019

Listen to your audience with Sprout Social

Pros and Cons

• Social Listening - It's great to see real time what people are saying about us and to us on the channels.
  • Responding directly within Sprout - It's great to be able to talk directly back on tweets or posts from within Sprout rather than having to go find the tweet and respond natively, saving time on my end.
  • Promotion - It's also great to have Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram all in one place, making social promotion much easier too. You can also bulk schedule.
  • Listening is in chronological order, which is great for support requests real time, but it would be great to listen to specific keywords.
  • It would be great to be able to log specific feedback directly into Salesforce instead of copying and pasting feedback in from support issues.
Read Todd Terwillegar, Content Marketing Certified's full review
Alexis Ramsey | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 19, 2019

Sprout Social Can Work for You if Nothing Else Will

Pros and Cons

• Sprout Social has a mobile app that is pretty helpful when on the go. It's an easy way to get a snapshot to see if something is working, or if you need to alert a team member to edit/pull a post.
  • Analytics are easy to understand. The report graphics and insights are easy to comprehend and are client ready with little to no added context.
  • Campaign and social tracking setup is easy and does not take long to back load and populate.
  • When acquired in conjunction with other service offerings such as Meltwater's Engage platform, the use and necessity of this tool can get lost.
  • During the purchase of the software(s), it would have been helpful to do a deeper dive into Sprout's capabilities, instead of treating the "on-the-go" software like an after thought.
  • Android capabilities were lacking compared to iOS, so team members struggled to engage and use the software when they needed to.
Read Alexis Ramsey's full review
Meagan McKinnon | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 24, 2019

Great Solution for Teams!

Pros and Cons

• Avoid collision: when you have more than one person watching/managing your social channels it's important to maintain a consistent voice in all posts/DMs and Sprout makes it easy to see if a colleague is already handling a particular issue so you can move onto the next.
  • Reporting: out of the box there's some really nice reports that show what day/time social channels are most popular for your brand and how many mentions/posts you've responded to.
  • Ingestion: get a constant stream of all your @mentions, DMs, wall posts, retweets, and hashtags— even keywords, and misspellings! Sprout ingests all of it in one place.
  • Clarity/UX: Sprout is pretty robust but that seems to create an issue for the UX in that the people in my org that use it are always asking "where can I find ___" and "how did you get to that screen?"
  • Granular reports: I would prefer is Sprout utilized a heat map (columns=days of the week, rows=hours of the day_ to highlight at-a-glance our busiest times for social channels.
Read Meagan McKinnon's full review
Nate Casimiro | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2019

Powerful tool, ideal for agencies who manage social media, or who simply need to pump out quick reports.

Pros and Cons

• Measure your own social media data and analytics across most social channels.
  • If you are an agency, you can manage the social media publishing and reporting for other organizations.
  • After publishing ads first party, you can use the Smart Inbox feature to engage with comments on your ads (Facebook and Instagram)
  • Sprout Social can do quite a lot, but you will have to pony up for the higher tiers to access competitive analyses, automation and collaboration features.
  • For rich user-generated content functionality, you may need to double up and seek out an additional platform.
Read Nate Casimiro's full review
January 17, 2020

Sprout Social: Better Functionality, Better Social

Pros and Cons

• Schedule, post and monitor social feeds.
  • Ability to track, analyze and post from a greater number of accounts. Other platforms I use only have Facebook and Twitter integration. Sprout Social has the ability to host more than that (Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.).
  • Great, simple and easy to use interface. I use a few different social platforms for clients, and I love how clean and uncomplicated Sprout Social is. Many of its competitors are not as
  • Data reporting and analysis.
  • Overall, more capabilities than other social platforms (chatbot creation, private messaging, Facebook page management and so on).
  • I think the task manager option has a lot of great potential, but as it is now, my team and I don't have much use for it. I'd like to see that a bit more built out as an additional project management tool.
January 08, 2020

Turn your sprout of a social media account into a massive oak

Pros and Cons

• Schedule posts across multiple social media accounts and platforms.
  • View detailed analytics.
  • Certain social channels scale back exposure on social posts stemming from third-party platforms. This needs to be resolved to maximize effectiveness.
  • Mobile app lacks the full functionality of browser version.
October 15, 2019

Sprout Social Is Tough to Beat

Pros and Cons

• The reporting is one of Sprout Social's strongest features. It's very visual and easy to understand. Often I would just make a .pdf of the report and send them directly to my boss without any edits.
  • Scheduling posts is very easy. The mobile app works well with the desktop version and I'm able to go back and forth between the two.
  • The customer service is top-notch. I had monthly meetings with my rep and they were quite informative. She listened to any issues I brought up and worked diligently to provide a solution.
  • If I was logged in one on platform it meant I was logged out everywhere else. I have a desktop and a laptop that I occasionally took home. It can get a little frustrating having to constantly log back in.
  • The tiered pricing structure. My company has almost 200 social media accounts and we're aggressively growing. As we outgrew one tier into the next tier, the pricing naturally increased. While understandable, it was hard to justify the cost to my superiors.
  • A limited number of users - At my company, there were only two us that were admins to the platform. We wanted more but that would result in a price increase my department couldn't handle.
October 15, 2019

Sprout helps!

• Super easy to use
  • Scheduling future campaigns and posts
  • Consolidating all social media accounts in one place
  • Really wish there was an ability to create custom reports
  • Would like to be able to see if another team member is already responding to a customer
  • integration with CRM
page V | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 03, 2019

Sprout Social: Trending in the wrong direction.

Pros and Cons

• Visual reporting. Providing graphs and charts of data.
  • Publishing to some platforms (still working on development).
  • This is not a great platform for teams. Their basic $99 plan includes a single user, and charges quite a bit to add more.
  • This is not a great platform for agencies that have more than 5 accounts or less than 100 without paying a hefty price tag. Their deluxe plan is $149 for only 10 accounts. My team has access to more than 30 pages, and we'd have to disconnect a profile, then connect a new one, wait for it to load, and then produce a new report for our clients. It was too cumbersome to be effective.
  • Value overall. Other competitors are offering more users and the same amount of pages for less money.
  • Technical support. Our team spent about $2,500 with this company across 2 years - we published our final reports, made a single request for support with 3 different team members, and it was denied four times.
Read page V's full review
Kelcey Zacarese | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 12, 2019

Sprout Reporting Focused Review

Pros and Cons

• A comprehensive overview of content analysis - with the ability to look month by month, week by week, etc.
  • Demographic breakdown in reporting.
  • Paid and organic metrics separated out.
  • Consistent engagement metrics across all social platforms (since they have engagement rate for Instagram and Facebook but not Twitter).
  • A section or tab where you can separate content that is organic and content that is paid.
  • Predictions on reach/growth dependent on your tracked metrics.
Read Kelcey Zacarese's full review
June 12, 2019

SproutSocial: Not for everyone but good for those who want to stay in control of posts

Pros and Cons

• You can share posts across social media channels. So you can take one post, select FB, LI, and Twitter for example, and then customize it for each. Pretty easy to do that.
  • You can choose if you want someone to "approve" the post before it goes into the queue. If someone has that power, it makes it easy for them to have control over what's posted.
  • You can repeat posts that performed well. To see how posts did, you can pull a report. Then you can choose to re-use that post. You can customize it or just set it up to go again.
  • I struggled even after lengthy conversations with the support team to use the images that were posted with a client's blog posts. That was a major issue. It took a lot of extra time to select images to go with the posts. Never solved that issue.
  • They have a queue—can't remember what it's called—that you're supposed to be able to load with posts that you want to repeat at various times each month. This was difficult to use. Again, in spite of asking for support's help, we couldn't figure out how to use it effectively.
  • It does a lot, maybe TOO much. It's a little overwhelming. They probably need to do more training to help you understand how to utilize all the features. It's too complicated and may be overkill for many.
Sylvia Flores | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 06, 2019

A Six Year Old Could Use This!

Pros and Cons

• Monitor your audience's comments, an awesome as a customer service tool!
  • You can schedule Instagram posts and stories, which is a big deal for my direct-to-consumer clients who LIVE on Instagram.
  • The calendar and collaboration are really helpful in supporting OMNI-channel marketing efforts.
  • You cannot post gifs which seems ridiculous in this day and age where we do pretty much everything with gifs!
  • System failures: sometime a post will fail, but there is no clear reason as to why it occurred. These should be error-free, unless the Social platform, such as Facebook, for example, is experiencing an outage. Then, there should be a notification in Sprout.
  • You can't tag pages in Facebook posts: for clients looking to tag partners, for example.
  • Drafts don't stick around if you don't schedule them.
  • The price, even for the standard version, can be steep for bootstrapped startups.
Read Sylvia Flores's full review
Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA, MSc in Digital Marketing | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 18, 2019

Excellent platform except analytics.

Pros and Cons

• The scheduling tool is super good! It is very easy to use.
  • It has a solution for all sizes of companies.
  • It’s good for monitoring and engaging.
  • I don’t really like the analytics that they have.
  • The insights could be much better. In this scenario, Socialbakers is much better.
Read Alejandro Matheu, MD, MBA, MSc in Digital Marketing's full review
December 20, 2018

Sprout New Ideas + Strategies with Sprout Social

Pros and Cons

• Quick ramp up (very user-friendly)
  • Powerful reporting and trend identification tools
  • Location-based hashtag searches
  • Brand monitoring
  • The cost was too high for us - I couldn't sell it to the CEO to build into our marketing budget
  • Missing Pinterest and YouTube integration at the time, so this limited us in terms of visually sharing different forms of media across all of our social channels
  • No LinkedIn Group publishing ability - this was big for us as we had at least two active LI Groups at the time that we wanted to nurture and grow.
  • Dashboard didn't show everything all in one place, and I liked that about Hootsuite's social media management tool. Having the ability to see our entire digital, social footprint in one place was helpful to us at our early stage.
December 21, 2018

How Sprout Social changed our operations

Pros and Cons

• Easy scheduling and content management & collaboration.
  • Neat and clean interface.
  • Powerful analytics and reporting.
  • Very responsive customer support.
  • The social listening model is way too expensive and not as powerful as dedicated listening platforms.
  • Can be quite expensive compared to some other tools, but makes it up in its features and clean interface.
February 12, 2019

Sprout Social-Social Media Planner

• Monthly Reports.
  • Perfect customer service.
  • Scheduling social media posts.
  • Pricey compared to other platforms.
  • There are some capabilities that are hard to find and figure out how to use.
  • The interface is not user-friendly.
Adrienne Hardin | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 04, 2018

Solid entry-level product for social media management

Pros and Cons

• The social listening capabilities do a great job of providing me with information I need from our target audiences.
  • Customer service is readily available, thorough, and considerate. When I call them with questions, I’ve gotten live people EVERY time, which is rare in the social media realm.
  • The option to shorten links and add photos directly in tweet drafts has helped not only workflow, but it also helps maintain a seamless aesthetic on our Twitter profile.
  • The ability to export calendars into PDFs and send them to campus partners has made workflow for campaigns so much better. I no longer have giant spreadsheets full of posts to send off to other departments for approval.
  • The dashboard is simple and easy to navigate.
  • Sprout calculates impressions and engagements differently than Facebook and Twitter do natively, so I’m unable to rely solely on the reports pulled from the platform.
  • Sprout’s Instagram integration didn’t suit our needs. Our audiences respond best to posts in real time, so there isn’t opportunity to schedule Instagram posts in advance. With recent privacy changes, I’m not able to like or comment on Instagram posts from Sprout either, so I’ve moved back to using Instagram natively.
  • The integration with LinkedIn company pages is weak; links don’t format correctly, so it’s easier to post natively.
  • Approvals and task assignments aren’t available with the entry-level subscription, and the cost of upgrading is similar to what I could get for a more robust tool like Falcon.
Read Adrienne Hardin's full review
August 07, 2018

Get social ROI with Sprout

• Scheduling content
  • Research and overall visibility of a social community across channels
  • Reporting
  • Engagement
  • Instagram
  • Live and story-based content
  • Additional social channels
August 20, 2018

A nice all-in-one social media management tool

Pros and Cons

• Social media aggregation. Every use case across the team is aggregated into one platform across channels. Listening, engaging, community management.
  • Publishing tools. The publish calendar helps us to see what our content calendar looks like across all of our channels. Letting us see what conflicts (if anything).
  • Social listening. A nice sweet set of tools to get a full picture of the conversation around our brand.
  • Sentiment analysis could improve. In my experience, it's about 60% accurate and doesn't account for subtleties of sarcasm or have machine learning AI.
  • The user interface could be more user-friendly. Sort of intangible feedback, but I found navigation to be tough at first.
May 16, 2018

A great solution for quick, simple social tasks

Pros and Cons

• The platform is very easy to use, especially reporting and scheduling functions.
  • UX/UI is user-friendly
  • No social listening and analytics are fairly basic relative to other strong competitors
  • Pricing isn't ideal for small, growing teams
  • Mobile app could be heavily improved

Boolean keyword searches (23)
Filtering out noise/spam (27)
Sentiment analysis (8)
Broad channel coverage (13)
Content planning and scheduling (33)
Audience targeting (30)
Content optimization (28)
Workflow management (30)
Automated routing and prioritization (12)
Customer interaction histories (33)
Bulk actions (28)
Lead generation (22)
Content marketing (22)
Paid media management (3)
6.2
Campaigns and promotions (4)
Twitter (33)
Facebook (35)
LinkedIn (29)
Google+ (14)
5.9
Instagram (26)
Pinterest (4)
YouTube (1)
Campaign success analytics (33)
Real-time tracking (34)
Competitor analysis (26)
Role-based user permissions & privileges (32)
Mobile access (30)

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social provides social media management, marketing, customer care, data and intelligence, and employee advocacy solutions for leading brands and agencies, including Ticketmaster, Chipotle, Grubhub, Subaru, Zendesk and many more. Sprout’s platform is designed with ease of use in mind, simplifying social publishing, engagement, reviews, analytics and listening for our customers. By providing customer success and technical support, Sprout is committed to delivering consistent value to all users. The vendor states that any organization, regardless of size or industry, can count on dedicated onboarding and quick implementation to realize value faster and minimize business disruption. Sprout invites potential customer to experience what they describe as award-winning service and industry-leading time to value with a free 30-day trial at sproutsocial.com.

Sprout Social Features

Listening/monitoring Features
Has featureBoolean keyword searches
Has featureFiltering out noise/spam
Has featureSentiment analysis
Has featureBroad channel coverage
Publishing Features
Has featureContent planning and scheduling
Has featureAudience targeting
Has featureContent optimization
Has featureWorkflow management
Engagement Features
Has featureAutomated routing and prioritization
Has featureCustomer interaction histories
Has featureBulk actions
Marketing Features
Has featureLead generation
Has featureContent marketing
Does not have featurePaid media management
Does not have featureCampaigns and promotions
Channel coverage/integration Features
Has featureCampaign success analytics
Has featureReal-time tracking
Has featureCompetitor analysis
Account management Features
Has featureRole-based user permissions & privileges
Has featureMobile access

Sprout Social Screenshots

Sprout Social Integrations

Sprout Social Competitors

Hootsuite, Falcon.io, Sprinklr Modern Engagement (formerly Social + Messaging Suite), Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium)

Sprout Social Support Options