Overall Satisfaction with SQL Sentry Performance Advisor
We use SQL Sentry Performance Advisor for real time monitoring of our production systems. It has been extremely useful at providing an at-a-glance summary of current and historical activity. Additionally, the report feature has been invaluable to us for monitoring metrics over time. Performance Advisor has been instrumental in identifying non-SQL related waits that are impacting SQL performance.
- Dashboard tick
- Blocking and Deadlocks
- Make interface less complex
- Use simple terminology for menu items
SolarWinds SQL Sentry Feature Ratings
Using SQL Sentry Performance Advisor
- Real time monitoring
- Historical reporting
- Integration with other systems (SSRS, etc)
- Running open queries via linked servers on SSMS to gather data from Linux based systems.
- Conditional based alerts.
- Integrated reporting with Tableau via SSRS.
- Set baselines.
- Setup more Windows based alerts.
- SQL Sentry has had a positive impact in that root cause analysis can be performed much faster. This has led to reduced time spent investigating.
- The complexity of SQL Sentry can be overwhelming when training new users/admins.