Overall Satisfaction with Square Invoices
We use Square Invoices regularly to request payment from clients. It is primarily used by our client managers, but also by management when we need to invoice vendors. Square Invoices has become a trusted name in payment processing and helps us streamline payment receipt. It also enables us to have quick access to our funds.
- Quick access to funds (next business day)
- Easy to read invoices for clients
- The reports section is not always the easiest to understand. It seems like I have to stop and think about options instead of it being 100% intuitive.
- With the fees we pay per transaction, it would be nice to be able to add additional "limited" users for no extra cost.
- We have access to funds 3-5 days sooner than other processing options (especially cash or check, which requires a trip to the bank).
- We have saved time in filtering through invoices to see which are paid and unpaid. Square has an excellent platform to track this!
I feel that for what it does, Square Invoices outperforms its competition. Because we have used the program for several years, we have seen how they continue to improve their service - making it user-friendly and accessible for a variety of needs. Other platforms are not as easy to set up, add items, and access funds after payment is received.
We have never had an issue that needed to escalate to their customer service department. I feel like that speaks to the user-friendly and thought out platform they have developed. They have a full support center on their website, along with a chat "help robot." The chat robot will ask you the topic you are looking for information and lead you to information that could apply. This can be helpful, but I prefer to have direct access to a person that can directly answer my questions. It is difficult to find a phone number to reach customer service.
Do you think Square Invoices delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Square Invoices's feature set?
Did Square Invoices live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Square Invoices go as expected?
Would you buy Square Invoices again?
There is a place for Square Invoices for any small business (or for personal use). There are a lot of ways to customize invoices (with preset items that you sell frequently or with one time items), automatic reminders, options for gratuity, etc. With this in mind, Square Invoices works well for service-based businesses and product-based businesses. With limited CRM capabilities, Square Invoices may need to be a supplemental platform to a more robust CRM program. We use it in this way when we need a more direct invoice to a client or need to run payment outside of our CRM.