December 10, 2013
Score 10 out of 10
- All of the basic modules and several custom built ones
- The SugarCRM system allows for us to customize modules creating opportunities for the company to streamline and incorporate pieces of our larger initiatives.
- SugarCRM is a great tool for our sales department. The opportunities & forecasting modules allow for accurate pipelines and better management of goals.
- We are marketing multiple events to different target lists at any given point during the year. SugarCRM allows for us to manage both our attendee and sponsor marketing in one place. Everyone within the company can see activities and be aware of what is happening in both our sales and marketing realms.
- I cannot say enough about how the customization has played a part in allowing us, as a company and marketing department, to run as lean as possible.
- The reporting capability is an area where I would like to see improvement. It is great on basic reports but would benefit from additional capabilities for more complex reporting.
- The inability to mass update from reports is frustrating.
- Just one of our customized modules allowed us to automate multiple processes and saves us on average 500 man hours a year.
- It allows each user to have a 360-degree view point of our databases at any given point.
- Incorporating some of our onsite operational pieces within SugarCRM has given us the opportunity to reduce the number of places information is stored to one.
Our company has a commitment to utilizing technology to help us stay as lean as possible. SugarCRM plays a large part in that.
When determining if Sugar is the right CRM system for your company I would determine if you would benefit from the customization opportunities or need something more out of the box. If you are planning on extensive customization then make sure you have the internal support of an administrator who can work with developers - third party or internal - to implement those pieces. I also recommend knowing the reports that your people will require to present and talk to Sugar about your needs. If you decide to implement SugarCRM explore the third party plugins and integrate what you can from the beginning.