Overall Satisfaction with Tableau Online
Tableau is our primary tool to organize our data, we have created hundreds of dashboards and views, and we rely on the tool daily. It is used by all of our Executive, Revenue and Marketing, and Product Teams. It provides us constant insight into our revenue, the number of bookings, marketing campaign performance, and we can look into any granular details we might need to know.
- Ability to create very detailed, complex dashboards, giving a comprehensive overview of the selected data.
- Ability to define numerous, complex filters that work together, allowing us to utilize a single report or dashboard for many different purposes.
- Easy to organize the dashboards and views, the search is powerful.
- Copying and exporting the data is difficult. Working online with the tool is great, but getting the data out of Tableau is inconvenient.
- Editing the dashboards is quite complex, we have a dedicated team who needs to manage these as most users are unable to do so.
- In cases of complex a dashboard, filtering can take a while, refreshing of data is quite slow.
We actually use all 3 of these products to fulfill all our needs, as all of these are similar but focusing on different aspects of data. Tableau is perfect for collecting and displaying a huge amount of data, while the other two tools focus on customer behavior and analytics, what Tableau does not offer.
It is a great tool to display data for the users in a clear, human-readable format. Dashboards created fulfilled all our requests, the tool is flexible and reliable. It is great for monitoring and understanding our performance. We use it daily to understand our booking volume and revenue, and marketing and loyalty program performance broken down to granular details. Tableau is 'raw' data focused, not suitable to understand in detail e.g. customer behavior (how our users interact with our platforms).