Overall Satisfaction with Tableau Server
[It is being used] by our purchase department for analyzing major material price. The visualization capability performs well for big data and BI areas. We also use other enterprise BI solutions, but only Tableau Desktop and Server can support our visualization needs. We use Tableau Server to show highly complex and large analyzed data for several purchase staff [members] and executives.
- Easy to use
- Mobile device support
- Good investment return
- Lacks some functions in enterprise BI like robust scheduling reporting.
- Cannot build data source when you use a browser to create a new report.
- Monitoring capabilities are not comprehensive.
- For our big data project, we think it returned our investment
- We also consider[ed] using it for our next-generation dashboard solution
- We don't think about it's good solution for an enterprise reporting system
- Qlik QlikView
Because our big data project team wants to show highly customized visualization for their complex data and analyzed results, only Tableau Desktop can support this target. After we developed many, many dashboards and other views, we wanted to share it with different users. We tried to deploy these design to Tableau Server and got good results. So, we chose it for our presentation layer server.
I strongly recommend using it on big data analyzing scenarios. It's not a reporting system. If you want enterprise BI, please don't consider it. It is very suitable for self-service power users. And, IT staff won’t waste much effort implementing and managing it. The cost of Tableau Server is ok.