My Tableau Server "Spiell"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biTableau ServerUnspecified8.16661012017-11-14T20:42:52.395Z
November 14, 2017
My Tableau Server "Spiell"
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Tableau Server
We use Tableau Server in our whole Organization as a one-stop shop for all things data. Dashboards and reports are generated, published and subscribed to users including leadership to assist them in making the pertinent decisions with respect to their KPI's, metrics, expenses, and research. We really depend on this system for these and many other initiatives.
- The ease of use - you don't have to spend countless of hours training users how to maneuver around the product. It is straightforward and self-explanatory.
- Ease of administering - I never took any formal training for this tool but have become rather good in creating groups with pertinent access and the role level security and administration is phenomenal. You can fashion your security just the way you want it.
- Updating and deploying the system is earth-shattering - it is very flexible and the cost is rather transparent.
- While it is easy to deploy and administer, it is also a very powerful monitoring and management tool as well.
- Alerting - is one area that tableau could improve on. I have submitted this as an enhancement feature, there is no way yet to state that when an account is reached a predetermined threshold, you can send an alert to a group to make decisions or act accordingly.
- Some other functionality that you have to use add-on tools to accomplish.
There were a lot of reasons why we chose Tableau and the least is the cost but also the way Tableau stores data in the columnar fashion instead of in Cubes. We went through a painstaking selection process and at the end, came down to a couple of vendors and we ended up with the product that was least to pair up with Amazon Web Services to create a decent and cost-effective proof of concept and we landed with the solution we have today.
We have at least over 34 disparate data-sources that we are connecting to and have more data sources we are adding on as time permits. It is very intuitive and very well managed way to connect with others and merge with other data points.
I have been able to share and subscribe users for different reports and dashboards but have not actually collaborated with anyone on a particular project they were working on like I have with Google Docs, Sheets and others.
It is well suited for any industry. I would speak specifically for Healthcare since that is where I am right now! It does a great job getting the length of stay of patients and accounting information out to the leaders that need them and in a timely matter as well. It also reports on many metrics that we observe and track in our industry to keep us compliant.