Tag Management Solutions
Tag Management Solutions TrustMap
TrustMaps are two-dimensional charts that compare products based on trScore and research frequency by prospective buyers. Products must have 10 or more ratings to appear on this TrustMap.
From Google, the Google Tag Manager is a tag management application that facilitates creating, embedding, and updating tags across websites and mobile apps, thus gaining the benefits of data standardization and speed of deployment. Google touts an agency friendly system with multiple…
Tealium iQ is a tag management system for enterprise web sites from San Diego company Tealium, an application promised to reduce the complexity of deploying, embedding and managing tags to a sub-technical level for marketing professionals. Tealium iQ is promised to improve and harmonize…
Ensighten Manage is a popular tag management system used globally, promising to increase page loading speed, accelerate tag deployment, and facilitate omnichannel 1:1 customer engagement across platforms and devices. Ensighten provides tag control by visitor, session, and page, and…
Adobe Experience Platform Launch is a new "next-gen" tag management solution. Like Adobe's other tag management product, Dynamic Tag Manager, Launch is based on the acquisition of Satellite from Search Discovery in 2013. But Launch is built to facilitate a more open, integrated marketing…
Impact Radius is an affiliate marketing suite, tracking, and tag management system from the company of the same name in Santa Barbara, California. This feature stuffed platform touts tag management without technical assistance for marketers, tracking of all media channels for multi-…
TruAudience (formerly Signal Tag Management) from TransUnion (acquired August 2020) is a solution that aims to help marketers, web analysts and agencies establish autonomy from IT development cycles, accelerate the launch of new data-driven initiatives and campaigns while significantly…
Adobe Dynamic Tag Management (DTM) let marketers manage tags and provides tools for collecting and distributing data across digital marketing systems. Dynamic Tag Management enabled delivery of user-specific content, providing control to companies seeking to thrive in digital marketplaces.…
Adform, headquartered in Copenhagen, offers an independent and integrated advertising platform built for modern marketing. Its enterprise technology – Adform FLOW – harnesses user experience and a scalable, modular and open architecture, to enable management of the whole campaign…
Journaya LeadiD Create, from Verisk company Jornaya, creates a unique identifier that’s generated the moment a customer lands on a webpage where the technology is installed. As a customer continues their journey on a site,. Journaya LeadiD Create witnesses their interactions and…
What are Tag Management Solutions?
Tag management solutions track marketing data by embedding code, a digital tag, in websites, mobile apps, and IoT devices. They capture information for website analytics. It is an essential tool for digital marketers to track conversions and collect visitor behavior data without the need for IT intervention.
The information it provides informs marketer advertising, improves the customer experience, and supports conversion testing, ad serving, remarketing, marketing automation, and affiliate marketing.
Using a single piece of code (a container tag) that can support multiple marketing vendors, tag management solutions facilitate the implementation, management, and maintenance of tags on digital properties. It consolidates and standardizes the process of updating tags.
Tag management solutions include rules engines that specify when, where, and how tags fire (running the code on a web page) such as when a specific cookie is present, the source of the traffic, a form submission, or a specific page view. Tag managers eliminate the problem of duplicate firing from multiple vendors by only firing when the correct media has been attributed to an order. TMS reporting will track the entire click path.
Enterprise tag management systems offer customization, data management, security and privacy controls, and tech support.
Tag Management Solutions Features
Many of the following features are offered in enterprise tag management solutions:
- Tag containers, multi-vendor/account support
- Tag library, tag templates, custom tags, variable tag mapping, synchronous and asynchronous tags
- Tag implementation, management, and maintenance
- Tag firing rules engine
- Event tracking
- Track, monitor, capture, and analyze visitor engagement and behavior
- Tag testing, error checking
- Data management, data distribution management
- Dashboards, marketer-friendly user interfaces
- Tag performance monitoring
- Tag history
- Tag auditing
- Security and privacy controls
- Role-based user permissions
- Integrates with third-party content, video players, ads, social media widgets
- Integration with CRM and marketing automation systems
- Tech support
- Cloud or on-premises deployment options
Tag Management Solutions Comparison
Consider the following when purchasing a tag management solution:
- Features: Free products do not provide the same range of features that enterprise-level tag management solutions offer.
- Web Analytics: Are you in the market for a web analytics suite? They may include tag management functionality that is sufficient for your requirements.
- Integrations: What are your requirements for a tag management solution to integrate with existing systems such as marketing automation or CRM systems?
- Marketing: If you utilize multiple marketing vendor solutions or want the flexibility to change marketing vendors, a tag management solution readily supports those initiatives.
Enterprise-level tag management systems with advanced features requiring obtaining a vendor price quote. Some tag management solutions are free.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Increases marketing agility, accelerates campaign time to market
- Unifies marketing efforts, easily handles multiple vendors
- Expedites testing of marketing options
- Strengthens business intelligence
- Improves customer experience
- Reduces costs, faster deployment, frees up marketing and IT resources
- Promotes data collection governance and privacy law compliance
- Enhances data accuracy and collection
- Simplifies tag management, facilitates tracking large numbers of tags
- Standardizes tag maintenance
- Improves website performance