Overall Satisfaction with The Raisers Edge
The development department at Fenway Health are the only users of the database. It is used for donor management including gift processing, moves management, list creation, and data analytics. We have over 300,000 records in the system but the majority of these are from old campaigns and our active donors are closer to 5,000 records. We use the event module extensively for seating for two major galas a year.
- Flexibility to add attributes and expand tables to track what is most meaningful to our organization.
- Industry standard so recruiting new people to the organization and getting them trained on the system is easier.
- Queries and exports allowing you to drill down to the information you are looking for.
- Event module seems to be a system/process hog and slows down our computers in the middle of gala season.
- There is so much functionality/flexibility built in sometimes it is overwhelming to new users to find what they are looking for - so some easy shortcuts would be helpful.
- There are problems with the Microsoft Office interface which tends to crash the software.
- Enables us to pull annual report lists effectively.
- We set up a custom way for moves management that works for us using a customization of bio two in combination with crystal reports.
The Raiser's Edge is well suited to a fundraising organization wanting to manage thousands of donor relationships. It works well for mass direct mail, pulling lists, analyzing results, ROI, donor retention, etc. It is lacking for major donor moves management as maintaining information via actions is time consuming and it can be clunky getting the information back out of the system.