November 16, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ThoughtSpot
A user unfamiliar with databases and data structures can simply come in and ask a question and get the answer they are looking for. For that reason alone I would give it a high rating. It is blazing fast in providing the answers. Faster in orders of magnitude than anything else on the market
TS is being used by the various product development teams and customer relationship management folks. It is also being used by data analysts to assist with client adoption of our products, monitor changes in client behavior after product releases and find data anomalies. The main problem that TS addresses is making data available and easy to search for our end users who are not proficient in SQL but do need the data and insights.
- It is FAST. Once the data is loaded, there is really nothing comparable to the speed that TS provides.
- It is an easy learning curve for the setup as well as end users.
- Very intuitive design and the ability to share easily.
- No limitation on the number of users. Don't have to worry about handing out licenses every time someone wants to look at the data.
- Simple reports are easy to create and simple questions are readily answered. Complex questions that involve sub-queries etc are very hard to answer.
- It has limitations compared to a regular database. Data updates are hard to make. Adding new columns and populating them are very hard.
- Concept of a lower environment needs to exist - and promoting worksheets and definitions needs to be a feature.
- Have been able to get some users to self-serve - helping them get their answers faster
- Has reduced analytics team's turnaround time for responses.
- Need to explore more areas like SpotIQ to get better returns.
Depends on the type of user. Some are very quick and can get rolling in a matter of minutes. Some take longer.
TS is very accurate. Of course, it all depends on how the data is structured, loaded and setup. But once the initial setup is done, there are no issues with accuracy.
We have not (yet) replaced our existing BI stack - rather we have added TS. Over time, we expect more reliance on TS and lesser on our other products.
SPEED. Any reports slow? Querying takes too long? TS is your answer. If your customers know exactly what they want, there may be other tools to provide them that. But anything else, TS is worthwhile. It may not be appropriate for providing custom reports and pixel perfect reporting.