Reviews (1-25 of 50)
- Next Level of Self Service BI
- High volume Data to be analyzed by the end user
- Reduce the number of used Dashboards by combining data sources and use case into just a few.
- Live Search on Cloud data bases (Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query, Terradata and SAP Hana)
- Speed of search on data set bigger the 20 GB
- Intuitive way to create sharable information
- Using SpotIQ for unexpected insights (Specially the speed)
- ETL Functionality (Dataflow is getting there)
- More data source connectors
- Debugging data loading scripts before using them (Simulation)
- More chart types
- Using big data set < 25/50 GB for analysis and search
- Fast connect and search capabilities on online data bases
- Next level of self service
- Quickly sharing information
- getting automated insights and ideas with SpotIQ
- Standard reporting
- ETL features, if data has to be transformed (need to use other ETL products)
For bigger data set and structures there has to be a time frame between 1-5 weeks depending on the complexity of the use case. Also data privacy need have to be part of the equation, if they have to be applied.
- If a user is data savvy and needs to get a quick number to answer a question
- If a user needs to do simple data exploration
- If a user needs to refresh a static dashboard on a regular basis.
- Well experienced data analysts trying to learn the syntax of ThoughtSpot
- Analyzing custom data sets
- Speed to insight within massive data banks
- UI for all learner levels, up to executives (highlights key takeaways to data scientists)
- Graphical output
- Data modeling
- Advance understanding of the problems that the healthcare industry is facing (great at counting cans of tuna, however healthcare has more complexities and variables)
- Account consultant is readily available, however need to use more dedicated time with them to hone my skills
- Analysis comes more naturally in ThoughtSpot than in other tools through NLP.
- It ties in very well and effortlessly with our fiscal calendar and makes time series analysis by fiscal dates very efficient.
- Auto ML (Spot IQ) is able to uncover insights that encourage users to dive into areas that they would have not known otherwise.
- Visualization options and graphics colors can be improved.
- Deeper analysis with "growth of" has a lot of untapped potential.
- Administration processes (upgrades, patches, migrations, etc.) can be better.
- Self-service analysis using NLP and time keywords (last month, year to date) for off-calendar fiscal periods is phenomenal.
- Gives the business users a large
productivity boost by reducing the build time for self-service analysis.
- Spot IQ encourages us to look in places that
were not on our radar in the past.
ThoughtSpot is used also as an internal cost management tool given the rapid analytics capability.
Many other users have leveraged ThoughtSpot to create basic lists and counts.
- Search through millions of rows of data in seconds.
- Rapid response time with searches.
- The search indexing feature is impressive.
- Content sharing.
- Improve the export feature so that PDFs are paginated.
- Pivot table exports need to have column labels included.
- Better user/group security - ability to create special groups as in roles.
- Better ability to report on content, tables(rows loaded, etc.), system reporting leverage search.
- Improve scheduling to allow for report bursting to multiple users/groups/roles from a single Pinboard.
When the Covid pandemic was ramping up we were able to deploy critical information to our global business leaders within days. Everyone was impressed with its capabilities.
Where ThoughtSpot is less appropriate is the embedding of links, images, videos and other web page type content. An example comes to mind with a function called Bar Chart Racing.
On average we can train a large number of users in less than 30 minutes.
Many users are self taught and frequently ask about more complex tasks but the tool is so intuitive they usually train themselves.
However, even with these limitations, ThoughtSpot has proven itself in our business as the "go to" rapid data tool.
- Natural Language Query formulation
- Immediate response to any change in query or layout
- Foster collaboration on developed insights
- A true SaaS offering (e.g. like Snowflake)
- Packaged installation based on Docker / Kubernetes
- Full-fledged multi tenant support
Technical users: The set-up of ThoughtSpot is not trivial, and is typically perform together with ToughtSpot support.
- The interface is pleasing. Makes you feel like you have access to some future tech software you would see in a Bond film or something.
- Their customer service has been top notch as far as I can tell.
- When there are questions they are quick to respond or reach out to colleagues that might better know.
- Better communicating the limitations of the software. It's not valuable to me to know that it's a sign of success that "purchased" is included in the data set for successful transactions.
- Giving direction on data cleanliness could be improved.
- Intuitive platform, easy to learn how to use it.
- Lots of charts possibilities, and presentation mode saves you hours doing PowerPoint presentations.
- It's quite easy to upload a new database to analyse different datasets.
- There's still some work to be done in presentation mode.
- The tool could be a bit faster.
- Dynamic ability to drill down/up.
- Ability to share information.
- Initial attempts to replicate existing reporting in ThoughtSpot have identified some limitations with respect to formatting (year over year, week over week comparisons, etc.).
- Creating search string to get the data you want is not as intuitive as it is made out to be.
- Tweaking search string to generate visualizations in desired format is not always clear.
- Well suited for quick queries.
- Well suited for simple reports/visualizations/pinboards.
- Well suited for more senior (manager and above) audience.
- Not well suited for more complex queries.
- Not well suited for ad hoc data analysis (data must be curated by the support team).
- Great clean look and feel, quick and responsive.
- Ability to visualize and share information easily.
- Views are dynamic and support related questions (drill-down) easily.
The strength of the ThoughtSpot tool is its search and ability to do quick data pull or quick analysis on the fly.
I would say, after a day of playing around, users are good to go!
- Ability to drill down into questions on the fly.
- Easy-to-read pinboards for non-technical executives, including natural language questions.
- Ability to join multiple databases so data can be analyzed across the organization.
- SpotIQ: showing us insights to our data that we didn't even think to ask about.
- The visualizations aren't quite as clean as other leaders in the viz space.
- Difficult to customize the visualizations.
- The application is still in its younger years and still needs more time to be fully developed.
- Adhoc search.
- Instantaneous visualization.
- Getting access to data fast.
- Formulas - i.e. aggregation of data for common financial time periods are cumbersome.
- Formatting - Not able to apply basic formatting, it makes tables hard to read.
- Querying - Restricted to querying only one worksheet at a time.
- When sharing scheduled reports - PDF or CVS attachments don't do the report justice, format-wise and visually.
- It's fast, and easy to use for non technical users.
- Alternative non-specialist search based analytics tools are all too young to be useful.
- There are no per user fees, so it's possible to democratise access to key data.
- Loading data can be slow.
- Total storage is generally limited by RAM, which makes space relatively expensive (Snowflake connector has potential to mitigate this for some users).
- Cloud option is expensive.
For consumers, 1 hour. Longer to learn the meaning of the data of course.
For admin - you need to understand how the meta data is processed, etc. to create good user experiences. This is not hard, but takes a few days experimenting.
- Searching like Googling was the number one feature that we were looking for and ThoughtSpot does it best.
- Pinboards are very useful for the group of field managers who're working on a set of products.
- Data manipulation ( e.g. joining multiple tables and views ) under the hood
- The model file/worksheet is typically used as a whole and it'll be nice if it could be used at the column level.
- Integration with commonly used ETL tools, such as Informatica, will help the IT/Data department greatly.
- Powerful search
- Maximized data sources
- Simple reports are easy to create, and simple questions are readily answered. Complex problems that involve sub-queries etc. are tough to answer.
- Migrating between environments could be refined.
- Speed of aggregation is is unmatched with other analytics tools.
- Visualization is instantaneous in most interactions which gives the users the Google response time we have been conditioned to in this day and age.
- The business is empowered to create their own custom dashboards for their focus area.
- Regression testing for all existing functionality to ensure smooth upgrade to existing worksheets, dashboards, etc., that have been created on prior versions.
- Ability for modifications to underlying source tables to propagate changes throughout all worksheets built on top of source data. Currently if you have to modify a relationship field or primary key definitions, you have to recreate everything sitting on top of that source which as time goes on it makes it very problematic to address relationship issues that have been uncovered over time.
- group_max performance
- It is FAST. Once the data is loaded, there is really nothing comparable to the speed that TS provides.
- It is an easy learning curve for the setup as well as end users.
- Very intuitive design and the ability to share easily.
- No limitation on the number of users. Don't have to worry about handing out licenses every time someone wants to look at the data.
- Simple reports are easy to create and simple questions are readily answered. Complex questions that involve sub-queries etc are very hard to answer.
- It has limitations compared to a regular database. Data updates are hard to make. Adding new columns and populating them are very hard.
- Concept of a lower environment needs to exist - and promoting worksheets and definitions needs to be a feature.
- Easy for business users to use. The search functionality is simple and clear
- Data loading is fairly simple when connecting to databases
- A lot of display options for users to show their data in a desired format
- On the backend data mapping can get very messy and needs to be constantly monitored
- Importing an Excel or CSV file is not nearly as simple as it should be
- More flexible graph options
ThoughtSpot Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is ThoughtSpot?
ThoughtSpot is a search & AI-driven analytics platform. With ThoughtSpot, users type questions into a search box like they would with Google or Bing and get answers. The analytics platform presents best-fit visualizations so users can analyze data, create reports and build dashboards without relying on IT. ThoughtSpot connects with and combines any on-premise, cloud, big data, or desktop data source.
Search is designed to give users fast and easy access to granular insights. AI automatically discovers personalized, relevant insights hidden in data.
ThoughtSpot’s AI insights engine SpotIQ can automatically ask thousands of questions about billions of data points and bring back dozens of insights. It arms non-technical business users with insights through anomaly detection, trend analysis, and comparative analysis.
With natural language processing (NLP), search enables conversational analytics so business users can ask questions directly from their data in natural language and instantly get results.
ThoughtSpot Cloud provides a turnkey search and AI-driven analytics solution, managed in the cloud. ThoughtSpot Cloud connects to popular cloud data warehouses like Amazon Redshift and Snowflake, the cloud data platform, allowing business users to unearth insights from all their cloud data with search and AI.
ThoughtSpot Videos (5)
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
ThoughtSpot Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
ThoughtSpot Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Languages:||English, Dansk, Deutsche, Español, Français, Italiano, Nederland, Norsk, Português, Suomi, Svenska, 中文(简体), 日本語|