ThoughtSpot - The Future Has Come!
Overall Satisfaction with ThoughtSpot
Our business data is very complex and would require more effort to have the underlying data set up properly in order the search to be meaningful.
It would require change of culture to adopt the new analytical search in the day-to-day functions, as existing reports still seem to be the preferred choice.
- ThoughtSpot is very intuitive for the end user. No particular technical skills are required to start using the tool, just you need to know your data in order to search for meaningful statistical results.
- With ThoughtSpot you are getting real-time data, which is particularly helpful when you need to make timely decisions for resolving data exceptions/issues.
- ThoughtSpot has really cool features that help you actually get more proficient to use the tool full capacity, i.e. replay feature which shows steps by steps how to construct your question, especially helpful for more complex searches; your data can be transformed into a chart and even presentation slides; the tool is intuitive enough to learn your search pattern and even to present suggestion scenarios related to your historical searches; and so much more!
- Historical data searches are important for the operational business areas, as it's common to export and save results for the decision making process. In this regard, maybe adding historical search repository for reference purposes, or historical replays.
- Improving the analytical process for decision making, which should have a positive impact on providing better customer service
- There is no negative impact. However if you have legacy data and new data with complex calculations, it will require more time to set up the underlying data for the search engine purposes