December 19, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Toast
We have been using Toast as our POS for almost 3 years. It is deployed in the entire organization and has served us very well. We use it to handle all orders and for our employee time clock.
- The backend and menu are easily configurable.
- Using its API, you can quickly and easily connect other systems to work with your Toast installation.
- There are excellent enterprise programming controls for the menu and employee management.
- Pretty much everything in the system is straightforward and great for day-to-day management.
- Some of the enterprise reporting features are not great. It is hard to get information broken down by restaurant/category/date. Most reports will only give an aggregate sum.
- The API ecosystem is still growing so while most features you'd want to be available are built, there are some that we are still waiting on.
- Sometimes their phone support is a bit lacking in information, especially in the tier-1 support.
- We've reduced our overall cost of hardware.
- Our recurring software and hardware maintenance costs have been greatly reduced.
- We've found that training on the system is much faster and easier than with our legacy big box.
When we originally chose Toast, it came down to 2 companies, Toast and TouchPoint. At the time, they had similar software features and company sizes. We ultimately chose Toast for 2 reasons. The first was Toast was a bit more developed and organized, and the second was the hardware. TouchPoint uses iPads as its terminal while Toast uses Android tablets. The Android platform, in my opinion, is much better for an enterprise POS product. There are more hardware options and flexibility.