Overall Satisfaction with Trainual
Currently we are using trainual to house a lot of our training videos and documentation. We have a lot of modules that hold plenty of information for our team and provides a terrific resource for our entire agency. Everyone in the agency is introduced early on to Trainual and the benefits it offers. We used to have all of our training in Google Docs and Confluence. Trainual, however keeps things very organized and the flow is also something we can track. Beforehand we couldn't track how much training someone from our team had done and now we can!
- Tracks progress for training.
- Easily determines a new hires competency in handling tasks on their own.
- Houses all of our documents and videos in one location versus several.
- Identifying the users and their roles
- Access to modules or training can be confusing
- If you aren't careful some tasks and training can be pretty deep within trainual, and hard to find.
- The modules are the best feature that we use
- The video component that is in the tasks
- Assigning modules to users is also a great feature!
- Saves time for the team for training
- The fact that everything is in one location is really good!
- Allows us to edit and change and adjust as the business does
- Keeps us flexible and not cemented to a way of doing things
Do you think Trainual delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Trainual's feature set?
Did Trainual live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Trainual go as expected?
Would you buy Trainual again?
Trainual is well suited for new hires. They can be introduced to our processes and products before testing and trying themselves. Trainual provides for a less jarring experience for anyone new to our team. Every time someone new starts it is imperative that they complete all the training modules within Trainual before doing some of the work themselves. It definitely allows for a smoother transition to the team and work life.