UberConference: The conference call app that can do it all for less, and do it anywhere
Cameron Aubernon profile photo
August 09, 2018

Score 10 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with UberConference

I've used UberConference to record interviews for assignments over the phone. It is the easiest way I've ever done interviews. All I need to do is put on my headset, give my subjects the number and time to call in, and then hit Record as soon as everyone's in the call.
  • It records calls with a simple push of a button, and does let everyone know the call is being recorded, which is a plus for those living in two-party states.
  • The interface is clean and easy to use.
  • The paid features allow you to call anyone for a conference call.
  • Retrieving recorded files is easy, and all the files are available immediately upon the end of the call.
  • Any app that uses Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" as an option for on-hold music is a winner already.
  • I wish I didn't need to pay to get a custom number; why not at least follow Google Voice's lead?
  • I also wish I didn't need to pay to dial-out to add guests to a given call.
  • As much as I like Rick Astley, I also-also wish I didn't need to pay to upload my own on-hold music; I want some vaporwave floating in my guests' ears!
  • The ease of being able to record phone calls, obtain the files, and work on assignments with accurate quotes has helped me gain more assignments from editors and other clients.
  • For how often I use UberConference, the free features that are available keep my bottom line in the black.
  • As a Chromebook user, the fact UberConference works on Chrome OS as an app and online means I don't have to invest hundreds of dollars into a new laptop/OS.
  • Zoom
UberConference does not have a time limit, compared to the free version of Zoom. My high school reunion committee decided to use Zoom because that's what they know, though I would have chosen Facebook Messenger before Zoom had I taken Zoom for a test drive. UberConference's free features are miles above what Zoom offers for free.
If you want a record of any conference call, UberConference can do it. If you're not near a phone, but you have a laptop or desktop, you can access UberConference without having to download an app. And if your team is all across the world, so long as they have internet access, they can call in without having to pay international calling charges.

UberConference Feature Ratings

Hosted PBX
Multi-level Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
User templates