UKG Dimensions has a modern feel, but needs performance and scalability enhancements asap!
Overall Satisfaction with UKG Dimensions
UKG Dimensions is used to collect punch times from data collection devices and their mobile app. That is then applied to employees' time cards for payroll processing. Scheduling is used by employees for self-scheduling based on the manager's department schedule. Dat views and reports are used by managers and directors for scheduling and punch trends analysis. Data integrations are used to feed labor productivity systems for corporate dashboards.
- Front end UI is modern.
- Documentation and training within the help system is well documented.
- Attestation workflow for employee punch correction via time card and time clock with manager approval is well designed.
- The configuration of the system takes many clicks to perform simple tasks. The product does not feel enterprise-ready for large employee-scale deployment. Too many repetitive steps.
- There could be better error-checking for configuration. The system allows for configuration that is not supported by the product but still allows you to save it.st
- If an integration batch job is running, you do not have the ability to cancel the job. For jobs that can take 4 hours, one has to wait for jor the job to end, it needs to end sooner.
- Have not seen a return on Investment or have been [provided] a tool to measure this metric.raop
- Positive is the clean fresh feel of the product for the employees
- Hard to audit changes in the system
- Lack of database access made it difficult to access data.
Do you think UKG Dimensions delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with UKG Dimensions's feature set?
Did UKG Dimensions live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of UKG Dimensions go as expected?
Would you buy UKG Dimensions again?
UKG Dimensions will work well with a company size of [fewer] than 10,000 employees. Once you hit over 10K, you start to notice that batch jobs will time out, clocks will perform slower or become unresponsive requiring manual restarts and the employee demographic will take hours to complete. Will the vendor has on their roadmap to increase the performance of the product, it is not at that point.