UltiPro- my thoughts
January 27, 2014
UltiPro- my thoughts
Score 7 out of 10
- Position MGNT
- Performance MGNT
Overall Satisfaction with UltiPro
UltiPro is currently being used for payroll, employee management, employee self-service, recruitment, and time/attendance. It is currently being used companywide but is being phased out as part of an acquisition. Prior to the acquisition it was going to be expanded with additional modules.
- Employee self-service- The user interface that UltiPro provides to users accessing via the web is easy to navigate for users.
- User and security administration- Setting up user roles and workflows via the web and back office are relatively painless.
- Reporting- The Cognos tool provided with UltiPro is pretty intuitive and allows administrators to empower managers.
- Customization- There is little room to customize the homepage for specific companies.
- Product support- Support is hit or miss with Ultimate software depending on the product and team. I have worked for multiple companies using the product and have seen both amazing and sub-par customer service.
- Performance management workflows- The process for performance management is extremely cumbersome for mangers who have a hard time completing reviews under normal circumstances.
Overall the application is great if you have a business that operates the same across all units. Where you run into some issues with UltiPro is when you need exceptions that are hard to clearly define. While this may not be a weakness just for UltiPro it often requires customs that are expensive and sometimes hard to maintain through upgrades. During the selection process I would look at specific situations that are unique to your organization and work through the solutions.
I would continue to use UltiPro because I feel they are moving in the right direction for a cloud based HRMS. The trend of empowering managers across many platforms (PC, smart phones, tablets, etc) is where we are headed as an industry. While their customer support does lack at times that may be a scenario of the grass always being greener on the other side.