Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery
We use Unitrends to backup our Windows environment including SQL server and SharePoint. We have about 8 Windows servers from 2003-2012 that are backed up daily. We also backup an IBM iSeries using Unitrends. All the backups are then replicated to the Unitrends cloud.
- Easy initial setup of the appliance.
- It just works. I rarely have to go in and fix it.
- It was the only appliance we found that did Windows, Linux and iSeries in one appliance.
- The failure log does not provide any detail. You have to go into the UI to see what happened.
- The new UI doesn't seem to be as full featured as the old flash based UI.
- In the past we had no ways to do offsite backups other then physically sending disc. Unitrends automatically backups all my data to their secure cloud.
- My critical iSeries data is backed up locally and in the cloud without having to buy a pricey IBM solution.
Do you think Unitrends delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Unitrends's feature set?
Did Unitrends live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Unitrends go as expected?
Would you buy Unitrends again?
I liked the professionalism of the Unitrends sales and support team. They had the right answer to all my questions and came back multiple times with offers of a hybrid cloud and appliance solution that fit our infrastructure and our budget. The other vendors wented to sell a cookie cutter package that was either too expensive or had no room for growth.
Unitrends Feature Ratings
Using Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery
2 - Unitrends provides a backup solution that can protect all our data and systems. We use it on Windows, Linux and IBM iSeries.
1 - Basic IT skills. Unitrends support is really good and doing the heavy lifting.
- Being able to spin up a backup on the Appliance
- Cloud offsite data sync
- IBM iSeries support
- Spinning up a VM on the appliance after a failure
- Bare metal recovery of a server after a crypto locker attack.