August 25, 2016
Havasu Landing CasinoGambling & Casinos, 51-200 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance
We use the Unitrends appliance to back up our entire company's data, including casino management systems software, customer data base including player tracking information, accounting data, and all of our employees' user data. All of which is critical to our casinos' daily operation. Being able to do full backups, or specifying unique files and folders, and having the capability of restoring any one of many servers after a catastrophic failure gives piece of mind to an IT person. The more I work with this system, the easier it becomes.
- We back up to the appliance the archive specific data to an external hard drive that gets swapped out on a daily basis.
- Having an external 1tb hard drive connected to the appliance makes it convenient to remove and store data securely and offsite.
- The Unitrends recovery software runs with a graphics interface that is easy to read and to interpret. It has run very reliably over the years, and takes little effort to configure and to maintain.
- I believe adding a second network adapter to the appliance may help in some cases where you may need a local interface adapter in addition to an internet connection.
- Having rack mount capable hardware for smaller units, would make use of limited space.
- A small LCD status monitor on the front panel could be beneficial, even if it only shows temp, or power status.
- An external docking station that mounts securely, and does not move as you're removing a drive from the docking station.
- We've gone from old data tape storage to implementing the Unitrends system. We have yet to have any issues with our current configuration, or hardware, whereas previously, it was a never ending process of replacing tapes, and waiting for backups to complete.
- With the efficiency of the Unitrends system, there is no fear of the possibility of data loss, or equipment failure. I feel a relief to know our data is backed up safely.
- We have saved thousands with this investment. What is the value of knowing there is a rainbow at the end of a disaster? Or, in a worst case scenario, that we have the capability to resolve a critical system in the shortest possible time.