SMB using Unitrends
Updated August 26, 2016
SMB using Unitrends
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance
We use Unitrends to back up all servers for our company. I needed something that was reasonably priced, preferably with unlimited licensing. Unitrends gave us that and excellent performance and support as well.
- We use a Unitrends on-premise appliance. It has x amount of storage and we can back up whatever we want to it. Client machines and servers. Of course we're limited by the amount of storage on the appliance, but we are not limited by licensing. Paying for individual server licenses would have cost my company at LEAST twice as much and that's just one more thing to worry about when deploying a new machine: "I have to buy an additional backup license". With Unitrends, that is not the case.
- Unitrends support is very good. Easily available and easy to deal with.
- Appliance just runs. Reports are customizable and easy to read at a glance.
- The interface could be more intuitive. Once you are used to navigation and creating backups, it's easy enough, but since I don't have to touch it very regularly, I sometimes have to relearn how to do certain things. The scheduling is too convoluted.
- Our old backup solution was very complicated, very expensive, and I was never confident that I could recover anything with it. With Unitrends, I am confident I can recover files up to full servers quickly.
- Shortly after implementing Unitrends, I had a complete system failure of one of our important servers. I was able to recover that physical server to a virtual server in a very short time frame. Recovering to hardware was an option, but I had been planning on virtualizing that server anyway, so this basically expedited that process.
We are a relatively small business and it has worked VERY well for us since we began using it. I have the appliance located in another building away from our data center. I back up all of our servers to it and store weekly archives off-site. I can't stress enough how huge the unlimited licensing is for my company. It really made this top-notch solution affordable for us. My company needed a solid solution to be able to do up to bare metal recover for our mission critical systems. If you simply need to back up file shares with large amounts of data, there are easier ways to do that.