Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance
Our business is small, so when I say the whole organization uses it, well, it does.
- File level restores are easy to perform at any time.
- Initial set up and Linux agent installs are very easy to configure.
- Reports can be generated on the fly or configured for certain time of day.
- The dashboard can give you, at a glance, the status of your backups.
- Some aspects, such as Recovery Archive status, could be improved. Right now, I have to manually search for my RXDA unit before it shows up. However, any copy jobs will automatically cause it to re-enable itself.
- There are times when I wished the Active Jobs showed more up-to-date info on the backups.
- We run hourly incrementals after the initial Master is run. With our changes to XML files, we can restore within an hour and recover any data lost.
- The RXDA unit allows for hot swappable drives. This allows us to use 'off site' capabilities.
We are at a premium with servers. I really don't have the luxury of just striking up a VM and installing NetBackup or whatever on it. The Appliance is great in that it is already ready for backups. Other backup solutions are pricey. UniTrends worked with us and got us a wonderful deal.
The Backup Appliance is suitable for any business. Large or small. Appliances can be added anytime and joined to the existing backup network seamlessly.
Unitrends Data Center Backup and Recovery Feature Ratings
Using Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance
1 - Director of Technical Operations
1 - I have over 30 years of backup experience.
- Backup of web data
- Bare metal restores when needed
- We do hourly incrementals to catch the latest pushses of webdata.
- I plan on installing a second appliance in our sister data center.
The UniTrends customer service is amazing. From the website, you can search the knowledge base as well as the support community. You can also start up a chat session.