Overall Satisfaction with Unitrends Recovery Series Backup Appliance
We use Unitrends Recovery across our infrastructure to backup both physical servers and virtual machines. The business problems it addresses are that it gives us a reliable, easy to use backup scenario. We use UEB to backup/restore data and we also have the Reliable Disaster Recovery programme that allows us to test that the last backup taken could be used to restore from if needed in a DR scenario.
- The user interface is a real positive of Unitrends, it is easy to use and everything is in its logical place, which with other backup software isn't always the case! From creating a backup schedule to running a report on data usage it can all be done in a few clicks!
- Data restores are another great thing about UEB, it is very easy to go into the backup set you require and restore what it is you need if its the whole of a C drive or a single file.
- The support that Unitrends offers for its products is very good, whenever we have had any issues that we haven't been able to resolve ourselves we often contact Unitrends via web chat. They will then advise you on a fix or you can open a support tunnel for them to access the appliance remotely. Either way in my experience they will get the issue resolved.
- In some cases the backup failure messages don't provide enough information to successfully troubleshoot the issue, some refer you to the Unitrends knowledge base for more info but this has little or no information in some cases.
- Fortunately we haven't had to rely on Unitrends for data recovery too much at the moment; we have only had it for just under a year. When we have run file/folder restores it has been quick and easy, meaning the user can continue with their work without having to start again!
- UEB helps us backup our infrastructure and gives us peace of mind that the backups do work if they are ever needed in a DR scenario.
- UEB does have cloud integration with Azure, AWS and has its own offering called Forever Cloud but UEB may not be the best choice if you just need to get data backed up and offsite.