The Upside of Business Travel
January 30, 2020
The Upside of Business Travel
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Upside Business Travel
Upside is being used to book business travel for our projects. We have a centralized admin that receives requests for travel and then books per company policies and the travel request parameters like dates and locations. We have an external approval process in place, but the travel policy set in Upside is a great guide for the booking admin when booking travel. Booking with Upside makes the process easier for accountability and it helps keep costs down by adhering to the set policies.
Since we are a small company, we do not issue credit cards to all of our employees. Booking through Upside eliminates the need since we can prepay for the entire travel in advance. Also, the cost is centralized into one account that can be audited and used to gather project expenses.
Another business problem that Upside eliminates is the need for a full-time travel administrator on staff. Upsides travel support team is very dedicated to solving and supporting all your business travel. Upside has a very responsive team that quickly mobilizes to resolve travel issues, anytime you need them.
- Customer Support. Our business travel changes in real-time. Sometimes we have to make multiple changes to our travel in one day. The Upside Support team is always there to change the travel, especially when my travelers do not have the time to step away from work to get on the phone with airlines, hotels, and rental car agencies.
- Travel Tools. From the web site to the phone app, the Upside tools are very easy to use and are very extensive with functionality.
- Prepay for travel. Prepaying for travel simplifies the booking process and eliminates the need for corporate cards.
- I would prefer to not create multiple employee accounts in order to save traveler information. I like to keep my booking centralized to one account. If I do not have a user account for each traveler, I have to reenter the information every time each employee travels. There is a way to restrict each user, but I'd rather not have accounted for each at all.
- Some of my customers require itemized invoices. Upside's invoices lack the detail.
- Travel policy enforcement by the application has helped keep cost down.
- Our travel budget has grown twofold this year. The cashback feature obviously is a good return to our business.
- Expedited paperwork and travel documentation have removed overhead and the extensive need for travel administration.
As stated before, the Upside Customer Support team is an added bonus to the overall travel experience. The support team is very prompt to respond, and once briefed of the situation, they take ownership to resolve the issues. The support team is also very thorough. They suggest options and can make adjustments to cut down on expense costs.
Do you think Upside Business Travel delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Upside Business Travel's feature set?
Did Upside Business Travel live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Upside Business Travel go as expected?
Would you buy Upside Business Travel again?
Upside is well suited for businesses that have to change travel due to unforeseen business forces. It is well suited for small businesses that do not have administrative support needed to accommodate constant change. The Upside tools can be accessed from anywhere and support can take any issues on to help make the trip successful.