The upside is Upside!

January 24, 2020
Our company started using Upside Business Travel back in 2019. We travel all over the country and all of the world to help on-site with …

Making Travel Easy Again

January 24, 2020
Upside Business Travel has turned managing small-business travel from a headache to a breeze. Centralized billing with the ability for …

Upside is Incredible

May 14, 2019
We use Upside to book all of our travel as a company. Airfare, hotel, rental car - we use Upside for all of it. Rather than going to three …

Upside is worth the switch!

May 11, 2019
I am the primary for travel arrangements within our company. While all employees that travel for business here have access, I am usually …

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Upside Business Travel, and make your voice heard!

What is Upside Business Travel?

Upside Business Travel is a technology based travel management application from the company of the same name headquartered in Washington, D.C.

What is Lola.com?

Lola.com, from Lola Travel Company headquartered in Boston, is a travel management platform featuring employee travel points and other rewards, travel spend tracking and management, generate travel itineraries and receipts, and other features.

What is Concur Travel and Expense?

Concur is a SaaS expense report management product, and handles corporate travel booking, expense report automation, reimbursement, audit, and business intelligence, and corporate card integration. The product is used by over 15,000 clients. Concur is now an SAP company.

Upside Business Travel Technical Details

What is Upside Business Travel?

What is Upside Business Travel's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 10.

Who uses Upside Business Travel?

The most common users of Upside Business Travel are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Events Services industry.

• The customer service is fantastic - you can call and get help from a live person immediately.
  • Great follow through - they check up and make sure everything went well.
  • As an assistant, it would be nice to see features that focus on booking for other people - for instance, I would like to be able to save user information and simply select them rather than having to enter their information each time. Or be somehow linked to their account so they can update information as needed and I can use their profile to create trips.
  • Customer Support. Our business travel changes in real-time. Sometimes we have to make multiple changes to our travel in one day. The Upside Support team is always there to change the travel, especially when my travelers do not have the time to step away from work to get on the phone with airlines, hotels, and rental car agencies.
  • Travel Tools. From the web site to the phone app, the Upside tools are very easy to use and are very extensive with functionality.
  • Prepay for travel. Prepaying for travel simplifies the booking process and eliminates the need for corporate cards.
  • I would prefer to not create multiple employee accounts in order to save traveler information. I like to keep my booking centralized to one account. If I do not have a user account for each traveler, I have to reenter the information every time each employee travels. There is a way to restrict each user, but I'd rather not have accounted for each at all.
  • Some of my customers require itemized invoices. Upside's invoices lack the detail.

Making Travel Easy Again

• Consolidated Travel Booking & Management
  • Easy Reporting & Expense Tracking
  • Booking travel for non-employees or invited users *could* be easier, but it's not that bad.
  • Adding support for AA Business Extra number as part of company profiles, but they manually check all of our AA reservations to add it.
  • Upside Business Travel makes it easy to compare prices for hotels and flights.
  • Upside Business Travel has a great rewards program and this is a nice incentive for those using the program.
  • My primary concern with Upside Business Travel is that sometimes, after following a link to a trip put together, upside does not allow you to select who's taking the trip, and you have to start all over. This removes the primary increased convenience draw of using Upside Business Travel.
  • Upside Business Travel cannot be used to book rental cars.
Jared Lyda | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • The website is great and easy to use.
  • The mobile app is helpful and laid out in a way that makes sense.
  • The 24/7 Navigator support is incredible.
  • I can't think of anything I'd add to the service.
  • Customer Service: Their navigators are simply amazing.
  • Offering rewards for bundling travel with a hotel and/or car rental.
  • Accessing past receipts for travel.
  • I'd like to be able to hold a potential booking -- say for 24 hours -- to allow time for colleagues to review before I book their travel.
  • Sorting by other criteria in the reports page.
  • Sort car rental options by price.